IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Wow, I didn't even recognize that and I watched the Thundercats reboot (which BTW I thoroughly enjoyed). Awesome.

Yep Bluegrass. I recently received a nice shipment of betamax tapes with Scooby-Doo/Heathcliff cartoons from 1986 (channel 47 Madison, WI) and the daily promos included Silverhawks, MASK and Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors. Unfortunately no Silverhawks 'toons but the promo is nice.

Well, no picture, but I picked up a 25 gallon rubbermaid tote at Goodwill the other day that was stuffed full of legos. Recent legos. complete sets of all sorts of Star Wars stuff. For 50 bucks. Must be 5 or 6 hundred dollars worth of Legos in there. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I think the mom who donated them to Goodwill was.

I also picked up a CIB copy of the Konami Collector's Series: Contra/Castlevania collection for PC. For 2 bucks. I saw it and thought, that looks like a NES box. It wasn't, but then I saw what was in it and I had to get it. For whatever reason, it appears to be much wanted. Probably because it has Contra and super C on it as well as the first 3 Castlevania games.

I haven't had wins like this since I picked up CIB Adventures of Lomax for PS1 at a Goodwill for 2 dollars half a year ago. I just don't find things as often as some of you guys do.

Well, no picture, but I picked up a 25 gallon rubbermaid tote at Goodwill the other day that was stuffed full of legos. Recent legos. complete sets of all sorts of Star Wars stuff. For 50 bucks. Must be 5 or 6 hundred dollars worth of Legos in there. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I think the mom who donated them to Goodwill was.

Damn nice!! If it's all LEGO and no imitation bricks or non bricks, they averages about $5 per pound on eBay for mixed lot. Sorted, some model can go for a lot. I once got a $100 bin of LEGO that contained a complete Star Destroyer 10030 (books included) that I was able to assemble, verify complete, and flip for $400 That left me with a lot of LEGO left to keep. I figure I have around 500 pounds worth in my house from late 70s to present.

This ad was posted for sega genesis and 15 games for $40. I sent an email before I went to work Monday night. I work nights, when I got home yesterday morning I had no reply. I figured since I was 2 hours late on replying to ad I might not be 1st in line. I figured he was going to sell to someone else if it was not gone yet since he posted at 8:30pm. So yesterday morning when I got up I sent an email offering $75 for it. It was replied to immediately. I snatched this up yesterday. I replaced the case on syd valis because it is worth so much and the plastic was tearing on the other case. It also came with a console only model 1 which I didn't care about as I have tons of controllers hook-ups to add to it.

post-25078-0-52427300-1429112641_thumb.jpg

Damn nice!! If it's all LEGO and no imitation bricks or non bricks, they averages about $5 per pound on eBay for mixed lot. Sorted, some model can go for a lot. I once got a $100 bin of LEGO that contained a complete Star Destroyer 10030 (books included) that I was able to assemble, verify complete, and flip for $400 That left me with a lot of LEGO left to keep. I figure I have around 500 pounds worth in my house from late 70s to present.

Oh wow. Well, it seems to be a lot of mixed stuff. I've been trying to put sets together, but I'm guessing there may have been twice as much and another bin because of the different sets I seem to be finding. Blows me away how people can have money to spend on that much Lego. Ah to be 7 again.

The thrift runs lately have been rather fruitless, and even the store I volunteer at hasn't had a lot of good stuff to choose from. But there have been a couple of things, like the one Saturday where one single 3DS game appeared...

post-6115-0-07645700-1429393674_thumb.jpg

Or the Saturday where one single NES game appeared...

post-6115-0-34134200-1429393931_thumb.jpg

I would've preferred a lot more to look at, from but for only one game apiece, I suppose there could have been worse choices.

Finally, one of my regular thrift shops is moving locations, and the owner was encouraging everyone to buy stuff at the old store. She had had some XBox games in the display case for quite a while before the move. I suspected I knew why they weren't selling, and finally I offered to buy the lot from her. She said she would prefer to keep some for the new store, but I could have the rest. So I grabbed these:

post-6115-0-75565200-1429394346_thumb.jpg

I didn't have the heart to tell her she really shouldn't be trying to sell them in the first place. :)

The thrift runs lately have been rather fruitless, and even the store I volunteer at hasn't had a lot of good stuff to choose from. But there have been a couple of things, like the one Saturday where one single 3DS game appeared...

attachicon.gif2015-04-04.jpg

Or the Saturday where one single NES game appeared...

attachicon.gif2015-04-11-1.jpg

I would've preferred a lot more to look at, from but for only one game apiece, I suppose there could have been worse choices.

Finally, one of my regular thrift shops is moving locations, and the owner was encouraging everyone to buy stuff at the old store. She had had some XBox games in the display case for quite a while before the move. I suspected I knew why they weren't selling, and finally I offered to buy the lot from her. She said she would prefer to keep some for the new store, but I could have the rest. So I grabbed these:

attachicon.gif2015-04-11-2.jpg

I didn't have the heart to tell her she really shouldn't be trying to sell them in the first place. :)

X-Game? Will those actually work on a real system?

So seen an add on craigslist called "The Best N64"

I thought it was a joke asking $80. I called and no answer. So I figured I would see if it was real and texted an offer of $150. After texting back and forth we agreed to meet at a place 30 minutes from me. So I drove there and she was not there. I called and texted and no response, I was getting annoyed. She finally texted me saying she was sorry but someone called her to tell her what the games were worth.

I ended up offering $200 and she took it. I was a bit annoyed she was going to cancel on me after I drove all that way. I had planned on giving her $160 anyhow just glad I didn't waste the trip. $200 is still a great deal.

post-25078-0-97499700-1429499073_thumb.jpg

X-Game? Will those actually work on a real system?

They play on a software-modded XBox. I've yet to test them on an unmodded console, so we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised to discover they are the original disc images and play just fine, but then I suspect they may not be based on the original NTSC/U discs (or whatever XBox calls the American region).

If you want to see expensive set, look for 10179. Millennium Falcon made with over 5,000 pieces. Sealed set are going over $2000 these days.

I'm pretty sure that part of the MF is in that crate. But not the whole thing sadly. Also, someone decided to use some of the beams as chew toys. :|

Wow. Absolute steal. I love how someone went through each one and wrote a $2 sticker on them. Yeah, I'll take PO'ed, but I'm going to pass on L.Quest for $2. Where was this found?

A relative of mine just made this incredible 3DO pickup. He's not a member so I'll do the bragging for him. $2 each!

attachicon.gifmagejpeg_2_4.jpgattachicon.gifmagejpeg_2_5.jpg

Wow. Absolute steal. I love how someone went through each one and wrote a $2 sticker on them. Yeah, I'll take PO'ed, but I'm going to pass on L.Quest for $2. Where was this found?

Not sure the exact place but it was in Northwestern Maryland. Definitely the most expensive thing that anyone I know has picked up at a thrift.

Here's an estate sale find from last weekend. Individually priced, everything would've been about $55. I was able to bundle it all for $40. Not the greatest deal, but certainly OK. Everything is relatively clean and in great shape. Quick Step is a nice find, Video Checkers and 3D Tic Tac Toe are both 1986 releases, and Dragster and Tennis have zero Acti-plaque. Strangely, there was no system, but it was the 3rd day of the sale, which was the soonest i could get there.

post-35802-0-94896700-1429900892_thumb.jpg

Edited by JamesL

Saw this at the local thrift for $10 but passed.

2nlzu5k.jpg

No power, video cables, or software.

Not Idea if it was worth jumping into.

Gun shy on unknowns now since the cib Emerson Arcadia stuff I spent $50 on.

Edited by dashv
  • Like 1