IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Did about half of Michigan M-15 yard sale run (Vassar to just north of Davison) when I decided to call it as it was getting late and many people have closed their sales.

Picked up a few XBox games, spotted but passed up a PSX (9001 model) and PSOne (both stuck lid eject button, yellow crud inside drive space, etc), saw a lot of PS2 games and some PSX games. Passed an XBox system with few crummy games for $60 (could probably have for spare but I got 2 working atm)

Not a single Atari anything, not a single Nintendo anything except for awful DS games, not a single Sega anything. I did find one thing that nearly made me piss in my pants,

jLXUsV9.jpg

oqaTRNc.jpg

2 games plus 3 overlays included, original manuals and docs, and one original water-damaged box for the system $20. I am getting only vertical line so I'll try tweaking the V control and see if the caps need to be replaced. The sound is clear.

• Like 8

I did find one thing that nearly made me piss in my pants,

2 games plus 3 overlays included, original manuals and docs, and one original water-damaged box for the system $20. I am getting only vertical line so I'll try tweaking the V control and see if the caps need to be replaced. The sound is clear.

Awwwwwww Maaaaaaaan!

23869364.jpg

Really congratulations. It's always someone else who has all the fr!cking luck though.

• Like 3

Here is my find at a local computer repair shop. They had it on a shelf as space filler after 3 years they tossed it in box in their storage room, . I convinced them to give it to me they said it was "Junk". Well I said one man's junk another man's treasure.I had to go dig it out from under a VCR and other crap They wanted to hand it to me for free, I said I would trade them a spare Atari 2600. They thought it was an awesome swap and so did I :). The game #12 in the picture I picked it up from my local gameshop it was their only Fairchild They were happy to sell it since it has sat for years. item overall an awesome day. Barn finds still exist al be it its rare and I am jazzed I was able get the Fairchild and treat it with the respect it deserves.

post-33875-0-00722900-1430714562_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Craigslist Deals

SMS Bundle w/ Games, Controllers & phaser $65

I actually don't have an SMS - only the Power Base, so this was something I was excited about. I probably could have haggled a bit, but it seemed like a good pickup. It was dirty but cleaned up nice. The only game that I already had was Rambo (and Hang On). I found I enjoyed playing "The Ninja" more than I expected. Is there a continue code for it?

post-5812-0-98377800-1430884292_thumb.jpg

Different Guy

Sears Video Arcade w/ Games $45

I think that Sears Backgammon is kinda rare, but the box is NOT in good shape. This was one where he wanted a lot more and I talked him down. We'd actually been texting since October! I think it included the original RF cable, but it doesn't give a clean signal.

post-5812-0-73415600-1430884269_thumb.jpg

Sony Playstation w/ Racing Wheel and Pedals + Games $20

The Intellivision guy basically threw this in. I liked the wheel although I probably won't use it anytime soon. The collection of Twisted Metal games was also nice. The other games you can't read are

Driver

Dynasty Warriors

Toy Story 2

2 Extreme

Street Sk8ter

Rogue Trip

post-5812-0-38718900-1430883311_thumb.jpg

I don't own an original copy of any of those games. This also included 2 of the nicest PS1 analog controllers that I've seen in awhile, and those are a bunch of demo discs on the bottom right that could be fun. He also threw in a copy of GTA III for PS2, a strategy guide for XMen: Children of the Atom, and a mystery bag of other 90's electronics stuff (power adapters, cassette to CD adapter etc).

Everything seems to be working. I haven't tested all of the buttons on all the controllers, but the systems all work and pass an initial play test.

• Like 1

SMS Bundle w/ Games, Controllers & phaser $65

I might need to get a light phaser, now that I've got an Everdrive. I don't know if the games are good enough to bother, though...I should probably try them out in an emulator.

Edited by Asaki

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB joystick (flight controller style) at the $1.39/lb Goodwill salvage store, and it feels like it weighs a whole pound with its weighted base.

So far I've only plugged it in long enough to read its HID descriptor because I'm going to work on USB keyboard/joypad stuff on a microcontroller board soon, and I need example descriptors.

EDIT: oh yeah, and for $10 at the Goodwill computer store, an ALPS KPX-17P parallel keypad. Not only are the key mechanisms sweet, but the parallel interface board comes apart from it and the keypad even has diodes on every key! So yeah, gonna turn that baby into something with USB.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin
  • Like 1

Craig's list find here, periodically I go on and search random consoles I collect. Got a pretty nice hit on virtual boy, the add had been up for 5 days with no takers, saw Jack Bros and Waterworld in the the photo and about near peed my pants, the lot would have been pretty damn pricy @ $250 had those two not been included. Two of the games, vertical force and Mario Clash are still factory sealed, or seem to be, most of the games came from block buster as did these, stickers on them say previous ly viewed, but appear to be factory sealed. Wasn't able to test the games or the VB yet since there is something wrong with my controller so couldn't test them on either of my virtual boys, but man this is the best haul I have had on classic stuff in years!

post-28757-0-11920300-1431179368_thumb.jpg

Edited by A_Locomotive
  • Like 4

Been to 3 fleamarkets today and found some nice stuff.

5 years of power unlimited magazines. This is a Dutch magazine i bought a few times back then.

Nice thing is this is from 1994 to 2000 so it has a lot of info on those old pc stuff, sega, nintendo, 3do, cd-i.

Also found 3 cd-i titles. De zaak van Sam, Titanic an interactive exploration and Dominos.

Bart Simpon's escape from camp deadly.

And 2 boxed pc games: star wars x-wing vs tie fighter the academy expansion and hunter hunted.

Also found a nice joystick for the nes. A quickjoy ni-4 with autofire.

post-5654-0-39898200-1431603754_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My wife had a couple of clothing items to return to Value Village for store credit and she told me I could use the credit so I picked some games I wouldn't have otherwise, and which I may just use as trade bait. PS2 versions of Pop Games Volume 1 (I like Bejeweled), some compilation of Board Games, and a Suzuki TT Superbikes all CIB, also a CIB Roscoe McQueen Firefighter game for the PS1, again, complete.

The highlight was a loose F-Zero for the SNES which has been on my want list for a while for $4.99 at the Cash Converters next door. Fun game.

Picked up a few GC, PS1 and PS2 games for about $1 a piece (PS1: A Bugs Life, PS2: Pac-Man World 2, Super Bust A Move 2, GC: Need for Speed 2 Underground) and a PS3 Sonic in a Tony Hawk PS2 case. Also picked up some old newspapers from 1969, 1976 and 1989. Some Charlie Brown songbooks, a Disney Contemporary songbook and some old PRO! sports magazines from the late 1970s (all Raiders editions ... unfortunately). Oh yeah - and a huge box of late 80s/early 90s happy meal toys from mcdonalds, burger king and wendys (it was free).

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad I couldn't find a console to go along with it =( I really need to get one.

Not a thrift find, obviously, but I grabbed one online B) Now I've got the poor, neglected middle-child Saturn on the floor next to his brothers and sisters, Genny and DC B) It's a family reunion, but GG hasn't shown up yet.

$15 for NFS: Rivals at a local game store but I had store credit so it really cost me nothing. Sims 2 Double Deluxe for the PC and Project Sylpheed for the 360 were $3 each at Value Village and the sealed Wii remote charger thing was a buck at a yard sale.

I don't have a 360 but I love the Silpheed games and although it's not really like the previous games it looks interesting enough to pick up in the chance I get a 360 down the road.

finds%20may%2030%202015_zpsrkzu3jlz.jpg