IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Yeah the blue cardboard retail box for the system. Normally I would ignore Sony stuff as there's no personal value or otherwise in it to me. I'm simplifying things now branching out, but in all fairness I saw a sony handheld box with a stupid cheap price on it I'd bite.

...and fuji I had a one handed semi/automatic machine gun back in the day that fired bullets like that and they can sting if you're close enough. I doubt they're made anymore, or even if they are, it's an effort as no toy store wants to get sued by some whiny snowflake or jerk with an agenda.

Dude, $35? At a Goodwill??

Check your fingers for pinpricks, I think you signed away something in blood when you weren't looking.

Also...

This is the gun. Now that I think about it, there's obviously no way they could sell something like this today, at least not without changing the colors to day-glow orange and yellow. It's a fun little piece, and like I said, it's fairly harmless as long as you're not trying to shoot someone's eye out. But it can look menacing to anyone who doesn't know any better.

Looks a bit Bladerunner-esque!

I had an SLR toy as a kid, had a magazine and fired plastic bullets, they all got lost.

Was this one, but wasn't painted. Spent many a day over the common playing war with that.

Edited by Mulletino

It depends on what your definition of "banned" is, but for all intents and purposes, the feds have made it impossible to buy Lawn Darts. Companies can't make them to sell or import them from elsewhere, stores can't carry them, and if it's anything like the Kinder Surprise situation, individuals can't even import them personally (assuming Lawn Darts are even still made elsewhere). I don't think it's illegal to own old Lawn Darts, and used and second-hand sales are probably still legal, but that's it.

That Kinder Surprise thing is puzzling, and news to me. They sold those at the Duty Free in Frankfort, and I just brought them back home for my kids last week. No problem with customs or anything whatsoever. Then again, NY agents have bigger problems to worry about then chocolate eggs filled with a toy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He wanted $500 firm for all of it. I wasn't about to deal with this, take the time to take it apart so it could be sold legally pieces by pieces through other sites. eBay itself won't allow this, whole or parts because of the recalled product policy.

TBH I have no idea what a complete dart is worth but I don't think $500 is realistic since it had been available for some decades before it was finally banned so there are likely to be lots around worldwide.

Bwahahahahaha at $500 those will not being going anywhere for a very very very long time.

He was probably hoping I'd make an offer that is still more than what they are really worth. There's a pop up flea market on M-24 and M-46 that is open whenever it's warm outside, those guys are often there and probably got the lawn dart from a yard sale in the past and wanted to flip it for profit. Kind of like before internet and eBay?

Hey hey, how's this for a find?

colecovision%202017_zpsu9pr1mrz.png

They didn't even have this priced, man. It was just laying out there on a table in the middle of the thrift shop. Evidently the guy who brought it in intended to sell it in an online auction. The manager and her assistant let me have it for $20, but were pretty annoyed about the situation. I feel for you guys, but I couldn't pass up a deal like that!

• Like 3

Hey hey, how's this for a find?

colecovision%202017_zpsu9pr1mrz.png

They didn't even have this priced, man. It was just laying out there on a table in the middle of the thrift shop. Evidently the guy who brought it in intended to sell it in an online auction. The manager and her assistant let me have it for $20, but were pretty annoyed about the situation. I feel for you guys, but I couldn't pass up a deal like that!

Damn man- I wouldn't pass it up either. Who leaves an auction item out in the middle of the store anyway? Put it in the back!

Went to the flea market today...

Found this for $20. Not a super deal, but not bad with the thermos... (I'm assuming they knew the thermos was inside...) there was one that was nicer, but missing the handle and thermos. This one is a little rusty inside and has some writing on it. (Hey, Chad Rowell, if you're out there, I have your lunch box.)

tyJResE.jpg

Oh, and what do we have here?!?! Only $10? I'm gonna be rich! (Just kidding, I didn't buy them. lol)

pvO1deW.jpg

I also picked up a loose copy of 2600 Berzerk. Nothing special, though.

• Like 2

Sweet Pac-Man lunchbox. I have that with the thermos too in nicer shape, an Indy temple of doom one too. I have them hanging up on the wall. :D

Today rolled into goodwill jsut because I went by, paid $4 got a complete in box canon powershot a620 camera. Probably seems boring ,but for whatever reason it sells for $50-65+ on ebay easily enough. All around win as long as it tests out fine.

Not exactly a 'thrift' but being second hand counts. Went to Louisville Arcade Expo there, my favorite vendor I like to talk to from Cincy was there with a huge tub of Famicom goodies!

I paid $25 got these: SD Hero Soukessen (it has Gundam, Ultraman, Kamen Rider etc in a platformer, Final Lap, Youkai Douchuki, Valkyrie no Bouken Kagi no Densetsu. Also got for $5 a complete in box old Radio Shack Shaky Pinball that vibrates and lights up as you score. Never had it so nice finding old stuff there I cared about before.

No picture and it only cost me $4 which probably wasn't some huge deal, but I've NEVER in all my years around here have ever seen a stack of Famicom let alone Famicom Disk System games but tonight I have. I feel bad about not pilfering the other FC games but I just picked up a complete in box copy of MAPPY. The other titles as I recall should all be launch or nearly so titles the US got too (but given the lame NES market the FC equals cost probably 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.) I may just go back and snap them up, and I would too on the FDS if it wasn't for the fact I can not use them. I saw some quality ones in that with a couple Ultraman titles and some other stuff too.

Shame, can't edit my last post after so long?

I went back as it was eating at me. $4/ea grabbed the remaining 4 games - Dragon Quest IV, Namco Famiom Baseball, Tennis and Rambo.

I got a better look at the FDS stuff, also all $4/ea in their little plastic cases with the flip cover art. I know I saw Ice Hockey, Ultraman 1, Ultraman 2, Ai Senshi Nicol, Silvania (it's an adventure RPG so unplayable probably), and I know there were a few others maybe 8-10 a most. Not that I could even hope to play them or verify they're even working still but Ai Senshi Nicol is a solid game, pretty sure the Ultraman games were as well. I suppose you could make the argument if you own the disk you could ROM it up on an emulator as your 'licensed copy' of the old game. :D

Some pickups from last weekend and some Famicom stuff that showed up earlier this week. :)

RNdsjaNl.jpg

I hit up one of my local spots, and picked up The Puppeteer, Demon Sword, and Dynowarz, and the three Famicom games were from a random eBay purchase last month. They are (from left to right): Star Luster, City Adventure Touch: Mystery of Triangle, and Mobile Suit Z Gundam: HOT SCRAMBLE.

Star Luster supposedly plays like a Namco version of Star Raiders, which is cool. City Adventure Touch is a weird one, and solely bought because of the ridiculous (in English) name. It is sort of a beat-em-up like River City Ransom, but worse. It's based on a Japanese TV show. I guess the plot involves chasing after your dog into a dimensional portal, and fighting all the weird things on the other side. And Z Gundam: HOT SCRAMBLE Is part 1st person space shooter and part side scrolling platform shooter, and it says HOT SCRAMBLE all over the cartridge in various places.

On the rest... I've seen Puppeteer in a bunch of "hidden gems" videos on YouTube and it looks like fun, so I picked that one up since prices have been on the rise. The two NES games are basically filler titles I didn't have, but the label art is fantastic. Seriously, look at these!

TibjyoMl.jpg

LOMl0ERl.jpg

Either one of those would look fantastic airbrushed on the side of a custom 70's van, right?

Edited by Silverfleet

More Famicom games showed up last night!

MpTZCvWl.jpg

Top to bottom: Family Circuit '91, King Kong 2, and Kage No Densetsu (The Legend of Kage). There was an eBay seller that was clearing out a ton of Famicom games for $2.97 each (shipped from Japan too!) last month, which is where I got these and the ones in my previous post. I'm eager to try them! Family Circuit has an additional sound chip, too.

Also, I'd usually get pissed at label stickers if it were a US cart, but ones from overseas are ok with me.

Sa4aLhJl.jpg

7DUf3eKl.jpg

Family Circuit is Namco right? I got a few of their sound chipped games over the weekend as Final Lap and Youkai Douchuki have that which annoyingly made them not fire up on my fc mobile 88.

King Kong 2 I've been interested in, kind of backed off when I realized it has a nasty difficulty to it not long after you start to where it's almost just punishing. In your earlier post I hadn't heard of that brawler but that's tempting, the other 2 were/are titles I'm after and almost did put Star Luster in a set of buys the other day but didn't to keep under a price since it's cheap/common.

Family Circuit is Namco right? I got a few of their sound chipped games over the weekend as Final Lap and Youkai Douchuki have that which annoyingly made them not fire up on my fc mobile 88.

King Kong 2 I've been interested in, kind of backed off when I realized it has a nasty difficulty to it not long after you start to where it's almost just punishing. In your earlier post I hadn't heard of that brawler but that's tempting, the other 2 were/are titles I'm after and almost did put Star Luster in a set of buys the other day but didn't to keep under a price since it's cheap/common.

Yes, Family Circuit is a Namco game. There were a few of them, and I think '91 was the last.

City Adventure Touch: Mystery of Triangle was the pseudo-brawler I was talking about. It's not the best game in the world, but it sure is weird. You control 3 characters at the same time and it sort of plays like a primitive River City Ransom.

I know it's not a gaming item but I was mind blown last week and bought a gamble at goodwill, ended up getting the vital (to even make it work) missing part in the mail today. Paid $36 on it and around $10 on the remote -- BOSE Wave Radio II sound system/clock radio which goes any day on ebay paid for $120-140+. Always wanted one of these but BOSE stuff is incredibly expensive and out of my wheel house. Just got it in place now and have plugged my Sony CD Walkman D11 (noted as one of the best ever for CD audio) into it having some Journey blasting out and the clarity is crazy.

Can't wait to jack that cable into my tablet, Switch, 3DS, something gaming to hear the upgraded audio. Despite being kind of over in a corner by the pinball, the audio blares and fills the room evenly which is just weird.

post-4103-0-47612500-1489711615_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-40750900-1489711629_thumb.jpg

I found some cool games last weekend at my local swap meet in Phoenix.

Then, I found a few cartridges at a local used record store earlier today.

I'm selling most of this - only keeping "The Warriors" PSP game that's sealed, Zelda Ocarina for Gamecube and maybe the Cave Story 3D.

The games I found just today are:

$2 THE DUKES OF HAZZARD - ColecoVision

$2 FROGGER II: Threedeep - Commodore 64? (I think)

$1 ADVENTURE (Sears Pic Label) - Atari 2600

$3 CRYSTALIS - GameBoy (can't get to work)

$18 CAVE STORY 3D (w/ Case and Manual) - Nintendo 3DS

These are the games I found last weekend:

$15 DIGIMON RUMBLE ARENA 2 (Complete) - PS2

$3 SHADOW HEARTS (Complete) - PS2

$3 KLONOA 2: LUNATEA'S VEIL (Complete) - PS2

$7 ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME MASTER QUEST (Disc and Case) - Gamecube

$7 ZELDA: WINDWAKER (Disc and Case) - Gamecube

$7 MARIO KART: DOUBLE DASH (Disc and Bad Case) - Gamecube

$3 FAMILY FEUD: 2012 EDITION (Complete) - Wii

$7 POKEPARK (Complete) - Wii

$7 ULTIMATE GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS (Complete) - Sony PSP

$7 THE WARRIORS (New and Factory Sealed Rockstar Game) - Sony PSP **not shown**

• Like 1

I'm selling most of this - only keeping ... maybe the Cave Story 3D.

Some pretty decent finds.

Wouldn't blame you for selling Cave Story. I love that game, but the 3D version doesn't look very good.

There's a Sega Genesis port of it in the works that's quite awesome =)