IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Yeahhh I know I picked it up like 2 months ago but...

post-59008-0-61852100-1510371619.png

I got a Sony KV20FV300 for free! Guy was gonna trow it away, I asked how much and he said he would PAY me to take it!

I didn't take the money.

Sadly a week after I dropped it so the posts inside to keep the CRT flesh with the casing broke...

Inspected it and it was still sound so i kept it.

• Like 1

I picked up a Retron 5 at the local game store. With store credit that I had on hand it was only $15. I've been pretty impressed with it so far and haven't run into any issues with it.

Damn!!!

SCORE!!

I bought mine right when they came out...I'm thinking I paid $180...I like it a lot!

• Like 1

I picked up a Retron 5 at the local game store. With store credit that I had on hand it was only $15. I've been pretty impressed with it so far and haven't run into any issues with it.

It is decent for what it does as long as you don't mind some of it's faults. I hope you have real controllers; the one that comes packed in with it is crap. (Why can't the companies that make these things make a usable controller... it is not that hard...).

• Like 1

How does that work?? o_O

Well, the actual game was called something like Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics... it's essentially an emulator or something and you can get game sets to add to it. So it looks like some room with a TV and a shelf of games and such... as you buy game sets, the shelf fills up. Select a game to play from the shelf, and an animation shows it going into the Genesis and starting up on the TV. The games I listed were a little more than one shelf, so there's still a lot more available for it. Anyway, he gave out the keys, I redeemed them on Steam, and it downloaded the games.

Edited by Eltigro

Ha ha, no, I mean how do you get free keys from watching a YouTube video?? =)

Oh, it wasnt actually a video, it was a live stream with chat. Several times during the stream he put codes up in chat and whoever got to them first got them. Seeing as there were only about five people watching, I got about three of them.

It is decent for what it does as long as you don't mind some of it's faults. I hope you have real controllers; the one that comes packed in with it is crap. (Why can't the companies that make these things make a usable controller... it is not that hard...).

Yep, I played Genesis NHL 95 with SNES controllers. (Too lazy to dig out my Genny pads) What a wacky world we live in :D

• Like 1

My office was closed on Friday due to Veteran's Day, and I took off yesterday to make it a super long weekend. Naturally, I went hunting. Here's what I came up with:

4qV2Fr6l.jpg

MRogKOQl.jpg

On Friday, I hit up a Savers to donate some stuff, and strolled inside. I snagged the Tomb Raider, IndyCar, and WarioWare games for about $10 total. Zelda was from Walmart for $20, full price, but whatever. The Tomb Raider appears to be some sort of special edition, with a cool art book. Also very excited for WarioWare, since my seemingly mint copy suddenly refuses to play on my Wii.

But wait... there's more!

YSEvHeTl.jpg

These are from a local junk shop I've scored at previously. At some point, they took in a large Intellivision lot, and I had bought most of it, including an Intellivoice in the box and some other boxed games. I was driving by and these were sitting on the shelf for $4 each. All are complete. I already had Star Strike CIB, but whatever... for $4 I had to rescue it.

mw3E1QPl.jpg

The two on the left came from GameStop, and the Namco Museum and SMB DVD were Salvation Army scores. $24 total. I've always wanted to try The Conduit, and this is the "Limited Edition" release, which is minty and complete and usually goes for about $15. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was on my radar since picking up a 3DS a month ago, and at that price I couldn't say no. Actually, it was so cheap that the employee at GameStop tried pulling the "Well, it's in the system as $18.99, so I have to charge you that" BS. I had to argue to get them to honor the price on the sticker. :mad: This is going to be one of those expensive games, and the Limited Run releases are already stupid expensive, so I was glad to get it either way. And BTW... it is AWESOME.

One last one for the music lovers...

rGVKJU8l.jpg

08CiCgil.jpg

A Hall & Oates greatest hits record for $0.99 at Salvation Army? Sure... why not! I grew up listening to these guys in the back seat of my parents' Oldsmobile on car rides, so whatever. :lol:

• Like 5

One last one for the music lovers...

rGVKJU8l.jpg

08CiCgil.jpg

A Hall & Oates greatest hits record for $0.99 at Salvation Army? Sure... why not! I grew up listening to these guys in the back seat of my parents' Oldsmobile on car rides, so whatever. :lol:

You found Hall & Oates for 99p at a salvation army???? I am sooooo jealous!

man, im jealous of some of these finds. our local goodwill/thrift stores just have old tv remotes and car charger adaptors, lol

With the one near me, its broken blu-ray players.

I found a working one, but its a Sony BDP-300, so its ancient.

I still need to get a remote for that sucker.

• Like 1

This isn't specifically a find, more of a heads up for anyone in/around the Tacoma area. There's a shop I stopped in today called G's Collectibles that has an atari lot in. I forgot to take any pictures, but it's 4 2600s, a box of 50ish games, and some miscellaneous cords & controllers. Everything's pretty knotted up & a couple of the units are overly dirty, like they were in a garage. Nothing terribly remarkable game wise, save Pitfall 2. All loose.

Why bring it up? One of the Ataris is some sort of sixer. I've not really encountered them in the wild, so I don't know if it was a heavy or not, but the rounding on the corners seemed correct? The lot was marked $250, but it's been around awhile so the owner said she was willing to cut that in half.

Perhaps someone local who's got either more experience with sixers, or more time to spend looking things over, can make a stop by. (She already said she doesn't do online, sadly.)

• Like 2

Kinda working on a deal with a guy at work. The story is that he did the stereotypical "found some old games in my mom's attic"... anyway, he had a small box at work the other day that had about seven Master System games (don't remember many titles... Alex Kidd, Zillion in bad shape, Double Dragon...), an Excitebike, and an NES Game Genie. He said there were several other boxes and systems. Anyway, we'll see. I'm kinda broke and told him he could get more money on Ebay, but he doesn't seem interested in going that route. I haven't made an offer yet and he hasn't given me a price yet... trying to play it cool. :cool:

• Like 3