IGNORED

Corvus Interface & ADS Integrater

fibrewire

Corvus Interface

Starting in June 2011, my Corvus Systems Atari Interface board will be dismantled. This is the board that allows a user to connect a Corvus Disk System to joystick ports 3 & 4 of the 'Jay Miner' Atari 800. Using scans of the board and Eagle Layout Editor, I will facilitate a short production run (10+) of the complete interface with components, enclosure, cabling, and connectors. Software and printed documentation will be made available to accompany the interface. Replacement of damaged PSUs and MFM hard disks are available on eBay for existing Corvus Disk System owners, and I will have two (maybe three) complete 6MB Corvus Disk Systems with interface and software available for purchase after this project is completed. Any Corvus Disk System (NOT OmniDisk) will work with this interface kit.

ADS Integrater

I have recently obtained permission from David Small, the creator of the ADS Integrater, to reproduce his integrator board. This "Personality Board" is a drop in replacement for the Atari CX801 OS ROM board, and adds native support for the Axlon 128K Ramdisk, Bit 3 Full-View 80, and booting directly from the Corvus Disk System. I am looking for any information regarding this integrator board. If anyone has the ADS Integrater, please PM me. I would like to place a deposit to borrow the board for ROM copying and schematic creation.

If any users are interested in either of these projects, please post a notice of interest here. I am doing this mainly for myself and one other AA user, but more interest will definitely speed up the project. Especially from those that already OWN a Corvus Disk System.

If any users have already completed significant work on this project, please PM me.

Nice system, but I *really* hope you didn't just flick the switch on the mains to boot all of that at once!

yeah and half the lights dimmed in the city :')

sloopy.

When used with an Atari, the Corvus Disk System maps seven virtual disks (D2 - D7) to one of it's own partitions ranging from A - Z. Virtual disk groups are switched by Binary Load of the desired partition label (ex: L D1:B to switch to the second partition with 7 disks) This particular 10MB Corvus Disk System appears to be FULL - mostly games.

The boot disk is extremely simple and takes about one second to load, and the screen reads "Network not ready" until the Corvus Disk System spins up and the ready indicator is lit.

Well, I have to admit that is a really nice looking setup.. Nice desk too. It's hard to find those in real wood (strong enough to handle lots of equipment) these days. Nice collection of "beige" stuff in general..

Thanks! I drove 100 miles for that craigslist desk, it was totally worth it. Now to seal the desk in polyethylene sheeting (just kidding), and start using my REAL machine - the 130XE.

This BoingBoing article was posted on my birthday, and started this whole mess of trying to replicate childhood memories. Someone had forwarded it to me with a 'Happy Birthday' message. Three years and several thousand dollars later... FIN

that is nice looking... put a Trak AT-DT drive instead of the 810's, and a DataSouth DS-180 printer next to it, and that would have been my setup... oh and a 830 instead of a 835 modem...

sloopy.

There appear to be only games on this disk system, but I would prefer to back them all up instead of just wiping the drive. Is there a simple way to do this?

If there is something unknown that stands out, let me know and I will make a short video of the program running.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

its okay to reformat, waiting for some adapters to come out soon (hopefully) copied from the one i loaned for reproduction. I have the Corvus software for the Atari - I should really get a SIO2USB so i can upload the images of the software. In the interim i could make copies of the disks if you cover the cost of media and shipping.

I forgot that the above pictures were taken when I had the Atari-Corvus interface connected (blue connectors on port 3 & 4) and the Bit-3 board (grey video plug) for 80 column video

• 6 months later...