IGNORED

New moderator wanted!

I don't know what the status is on the moderator for HSC, but it has been over a month. If I am not contacted and offered by this Friday, consider me no longer interested.

Are you waiting to hear back from Al or Mister VCS?

I still have mod status for the 5200 and 7800 HSC's even tho i passed them off.

I'm still waiting for Al to remove my mod status.

i say just take over the CV HSC and wait till Al gives you mod status. :)

• Like 1

I don't know what the status is on the moderator for HSC, but it has been over a month. If I am not contacted and offered by this Friday, consider me no longer interested.

Yurkie let me know if you are still interested... (is friday yet?)

If you choose to keep going, start soon... 7800/INTELLIVISION have started regardless of no moderator switches.

ATTN: YURKIE, I SENT A PM TO SOMEONE, I THINK CAN HELP... IF HE CAN SWITCH YOU OVER AS A MOD, YOU COULD THEN START THIS CV HSC RIGHT UP! You might want to go ahead anyway NOW and do that summer season idea, and just wait for Mod status later on.

Albert MUST be busy these days, because he's back at the site but hasn't switched any "Mod" over yet. roadrunner and I have sent PMs to him already.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I don't understand - MisterVCS is still active on the forum and yet after asking for a new moderator has taken no action with those who have volunteered. Yurkie, can I suggest that you just contact Albert and ask to be given moderator access to the CV HSC.

I sent a message to Albert expressing my interest and had not gotten a response.

I do have an idea... I would like to have four(4) thirteen(13) week seasons that correspond to the seasons of the year. Each game would last 1 week. If I am given the job, the next season of HSC will begin on June 21st. (the first day of the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere)

ARGH! I like this idea above... can you start up anyway? My emulator is tugging my shirt sleeve askin' when the next season is ;) !

I "moderate" my own high score contests on AA but don't have any mod privileges, I presume you folks could do the same? By the way, I have a lot of time on my hands if you guys are looking for any help, though admittedly my experience with the CV is limited to emulation.

Edited by toptenmaterial

OK folks...

In the interim, I setup a tournament on my dubdubdub for your ColecoVision fix: The Retrocade ColecoVision Summer Showdown.

You can view this post in the AtariAge forums:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/184030-the-retrocade-colecovision-summer-showdown/

Seriously? Nobody is interested in this? What do you have to lose?

sorry way too many games and some of them are ones we did this year. I sometimes had trouble finding time for one game during the 2 week span.

Also not interested in going out to another site and joining it just to do this.

That might be where you are losing everyone the fact that they have to go join another site.

Yes, call us lazy, but the lack of interest is due to going to another site...everything was neat and tidy here...don't want to go chasing all over the Internet to find a high score contest.

Also, I agree....nice idea, but too many games...especially when you have to play all of them to qualify for the top spot.

sorry way too many games and some of them are ones we did this year. I sometimes had trouble finding time for one game during the 2 week span.

Also not interested in going out to another site and joining it just to do this.

That might be where you are losing everyone the fact that they have to go join another site.

I'm kinda of the same mindset as ColecoDan here.

BTW - seeing as Yurkie had pulled out I have now sent a PM to Albert requesting to be made moderator of the CV HSC. Hopefully this will happen soon.

BTW - seeing as Yurkie had pulled out I have now sent a PM to Albert requesting to be made moderator of the CV HSC. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Good luck Ikrananka, I messaged Albert about a month ago and never got a reply. I figure if the HSC means that little to the site owner than screw it.

I am also disappointed that Mister VCS, pulled out without putting up final standings.

Good luck Ikrananka, I messaged Albert about a month ago and never got a reply. I figure if the HSC means that little to the site owner than screw it.

Al has been busy with other things and hasn't had time to deal with the nitty gritty day to day operations of the site lately. He's not ignoring you, he's just busy with real life at the moment. Let's not get overly dramatic here.

Tempest

Al has been busy with other things and hasn't had time to deal with the nitty gritty day to day operations of the site lately. He's not ignoring you, he's just busy with real life at the moment. Let's not get overly dramatic here.

Tempest

I made my choice and stand by my statement. Good luck Ikrananka. :)

Yes, call us lazy, but the lack of interest is due to going to another site...everything was neat and tidy here...don't want to go chasing all over the Internet to find a high score contest.

Also, I agree....nice idea, but too many games...especially when you have to play all of them to qualify for the top spot.

Just trying to help...I'll get rid of the contest

• Like 1

Thanks for the effort and work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mine wasn't necessarily laziness, I just didn't want the extra footprint of my info being on another site.

Also I kindof enjoy seeing other people on this site putting up scores and have gotten used to remembering some of the names a little and didn't want to lose that by going to another site.

Mine wasn't necessarily laziness, I just didn't want the extra footprint of my info being on another site.

Also I kindof enjoy seeing other people on this site putting up scores and have gotten used to remembering some of the names a little and didn't want to lose that by going to another site.

I would have been happy if you would have started playing on another site, so I wouldn't have to beat your killer scores Dan! :)

I would have been happy if you would have started playing on another site, so I wouldn't have to beat your killer scores Dan! :)

Thanks a lot Yurkie, I am not feeling the love ;)

You got me on Smurf!!! I was all happy to put that score up and then you kicked my but right away. I was going to try to top it but got too busy to play again :(

Thanks a lot Yurkie, I am not feeling the love ;)

You got me on Smurf!!! I was all happy to put that score up and then you kicked my but right away. I was going to try to top it but got too busy to play again :(

I could have probably got 100,000 or more higher than that, if I played a few more games. I played 3 games for my first score and beat your score on the first game I played after your post. Smurf is one of games I am really good at on the CV since I had it and played it for many hours as a kid. I have came up just short of the Twingalaxies skill #4 score on a couple occasions, and hope to add it to my record scores someday, that and DK skill #4 and Cosmic Avenger skill #4.

I am hoping Ikrananka gets the job as HSC mod and starts the season with Frogger. I love the game, but can never make it through the 5 round.

You can start up anyway Ikranaka...even without Mod status.

Just hit "new topic" and put the game info and lists on the heading etc,...

Have a look at how I began the 7800 club without my Mod awarded yet.

Rules and that youc an update either in the post of the game or on a topic at Colecovision HSC.

7800 HSC

This is also the case with 5200 and Intellivision HSC's,

5200 HSC

INTELLIVISION HSC

Bela Carolyi says, "YOU CAN DO IT..."

You can start up anyway Ikranaka...even without Mod status.

Just hit "new topic" and put the game info and lists on the heading etc,...

Have a look at how I began the 7800 club without my Mod awarded yet.

Rules and that youc an update either in the post of the game or on a topic at Colecovision HSC.

7800 HSC

This is also the case with 5200 and Intellivision HSC's,

5200 HSC

INTELLIVISION HSC

Bela Carolyi says, "YOU CAN DO IT..."

Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay folks - I have done as JacobZu7zu7 suggested and have posted a thread requesting game ideas for the next CV HSC. I will compile this list and commence Season 5 of the HSC at 1:00AM EST Saturday 2nd July.

Have Fun!!