I've got it cased up and have been putting it through its paces with AspeQt..
I had mentioned before that I couldn't get lower than Pokey 3 or 4 using AspeQt and Sloopy's SIO2USB ( ) device. I was able to get to zero with this FTDI board and the high-speed code of the IDE+2. I did get several files trashed at zero using my HD backup program written in Action!. So zero looks like it may be a bit too much for this setup. Maybe a better sector copier might do better. But anyway, I'm very pleased with the results.
I use Hias's hi-speed patch with DOS 2.5 (or the hi-speed OS that came with U1MB which is already patched, with SDX 4.45) and haven't had any problems with divisor 0 so far. At that divisor AspeQt shows 125KB operating speed (read). With SDX I have a CONFIG.SYS file with DEVICE SIO /A line in it. /A tells SDX to use OS's SIO routines rather than the one built-in SDX. This way divisor 0 is possible without problems. Also having a fast PC seems to make a difference. I believe SDX manual suggests setting the divisor as low as 3 to have a stable operation when using SDX's SIO routines.
I haven't used Sloopy's cable but mine (the one I build and sell) is also based on FT232Rx chip (like sloopy's) and it has no problems at divisor 0 (in fact that chip is rated up to 3Mbaud) so the bottleneck is usually the software not the hardware.
Edited by atari8warez, Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 PM.