IGNORED

Pitfall II Prototype?

Srimok

I am from NA and don't know too much about Atari but I just found this at my local Goodwill and couldn't find much on Google except 1 cart that has a similar label. Is it a prototype or something of that nature?

Thanks

Yes, it is a prototype.

Probably a promo, if it isn't, I'd love to see the circuit board. As it should have bankswitching logic, an EPROM and a standalone DPC, which I have never seen. :lust:

How much does it weigh? :)

61 grams and it appears to be missing a piece beside the connector so that should be a gram or two.

5 or 6 grams more than the handful of other carts I have here.

Probably a promo, if it isn't, I'd love to see the circuit board. As it should have bankswitching logic, an EPROM and a standalone DPC, which I have never seen. :lust:

61 grams and it appears to be missing a piece beside the connector so that should be a gram or two.

Bummer, just pulled a production cart and it weighs 63 grams. :( Shoot Wonder007 a PM, to see if he owns this yet or not. ;)

Bummer, just pulled a production cart and it weighs 63 grams. :( Shoot Wonder007 a PM, to see if he owns this yet or not. ;)

Yeah, and tell him you are putting it up for a 5 day auction in the marketplace forum ;)

Oh well still an interesting item for my collection. Thanks for the information.

Just for fun did you have any idea it's approximate value? like $25-$50?

My guess would be more like ~$100. If you are willing to sell it for that little (like $25-$50?), I'd buy it and crack it open. :D

Just for fun did you have any idea it's approximate value? like $25-$50?

My guess would be more like ~$100. If you are willing to sell it for that little (like $25-$50?), I'd buy it and crack it open. :D

Thanks for the honest answer. I never really had any intention to sell it unless it was worth an insane amount of money.

Is there anyway to open a cart without destroying it or needing special tools?

Yeah, and tell him you are putting it up for a 5 day auction in the marketplace forum ;)

Funny...... :) And then extend it one more day after the supposed ending. :roll:

I played it a little more today and seems to be pretty true to the final as far as I can tell from Youtube videos but I did notice one thing. Probably just a glitch or something stupid but what the heck is this?

post-29833-0-21473300-1306355253_thumb.png

Edited by Srimok

I played it a little more today and seems to be pretty true to the final as far as I can tell from Youtube videos but I did notice one thing. Probably just a glitch or something stupid but what the heck is this?

Seems like a garbled up Rhonda or Quickclaw, though there's no rock on the left.

Strange.

What happens if you walk into it?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 5 months later...