IGNORED

I am addicted to Astrosmash

With any luck I'll be getting my INTV soon! :D I do have Astrosmash on the iPhone (horrible conversion), however it is easy to see the charm. One thing that impresses me grately about Intellivision is the audio.

For me, the addicting shooter in my life has always been Galaga, that one has charm in spades.

Edited by toptenmaterial

I think I'm just addicted to INTV, seriously it's the only classic console I have played the last two weeks. I have a stack of Atari and Nintendo games I need to test, but I keep playing the inty. :D. I think my NES is jelous guys....

Yeah, my poor 2600 is neglected at the moment. I think I heard it sobbing softly the other night. :ponder:

With any luck I'll be getting my INTV soon! :D I do have Astrosmash on the iPhone (horrible conversion), however it is easy to see the charm. One thing that impresses me grately about Intellivision is the audio.

For me, the addicting shooter in my life has always been Galaga, that one has charm in spades.

Yay! Another newbie. :D

I got my son a t-shirt the other day with Galaga on it. They had a table at JC Penney's in the men's section with tons of retro gaming shirts. Besides Galaga, I remember Mario, Pac-Man, and Sonic.

That's such a fun game.

Love the different background colors as you progress.

How far are you getting?

Not too far yet. Well, sometimes I play for a long time, but it's pretty random. I found this overlay pic today, so maybe I'll know more what I'm doing now. I had no idea you could pause the game. :rolling:

mash-001.jpg

Edited by atarigal

That's such a fun game.

Love the different background colors as you progress.

How far are you getting?

Not too far yet. Well, sometimes I play for a long time, but it's pretty random. I found this overlay pic today, so maybe I'll know more what I'm doing now. I had no idea you could pause the game. :rolling:

mash-001.jpg

No matter the game, you can pause the Intellivision pressing 1 and 9 or 3 and 7 at the same time and you get a blank screen (no burn image to your Tv) is very very useful to get high scores. I never heard of any other console you could do that. (of the time, I mean)

and there´s a couple of hidden games in the carts!

Just set to auto fire and have at it. :thumbsup:

Yep, that's what I've been doing, EXCEPT I had no idea which button was triggering the autofire. HAHA. I'm a real genius, for reallies.

And hiperspace is a nice feature, but dangerous. sometimes is the only way to survive, but use with caution.

I would go to my friends house to play Intellivision and he would come to my house to play colecovision when I was a kid. It was a nice arrangement however we were so addicted to Astrosmash, Burgertime, Utopia, and Lock 'n Chase that I never got to play any of the other games :(

We used to play astrosmash for fun with the rule that you had to hyperspace every minute just to give it a little kick. We had a clock that would beep every minute. It was pretty funny. I wish I still had someone to trade off playing with as I only still have my colecovision :)

Dan

• Like 1

A very simple and addicting game. I have spent many hours on this game. Not sure of my high score. My best game was back in the 80's. I remember the game too since it was my cousins house. Just not sure of the score. Some memories you never forget. I just remember having the game of my life. :cool:

• Like 1

Are you serious with the pause thing? Oh man, that could easily make the INTV my favorite. :lust:

What games are hidden? I MUST KNOW.

Well, one that I can think of is Deadly Dogs, a version of Tron Deadly Discs where the characters are hot dogs.

It is hidden on Dig Dug, and is accessed by pressing 4&7 on both controllers, then pressing reset IIRC.

• Like 1

Astrosmash was originally going to be two games in one: Astrosmash, and an Asteroids-style game. Mattel disabled the Asteroids clone because Atari said it was a little too much like Asteroids, so it isn't accessible even though it's still in the cartridge (although I hear that it's possible to start the game under unusual circumstances). After the game was modified until it was sufficiently different from Asteroids to keep Mattel out of trouble, it was released as Space Hawk.

Astrosmash was originally going to be two games in one: Astrosmash, and an Asteroids-style game. Mattel disabled the Asteroids clone because Atari said it was a little too much like Asteroids, so it isn't accessible even though it's still in the cartridge (although I hear that it's possible to start the game under unusual circumstances). After the game was modified until it was sufficiently different from Asteroids to keep Mattel out of trouble, it was released as Space Hawk.

Also you can get (mre easely) in the Dig Dug cart a version of tron Deadly Discs with the Characters of Burgertime, called Deadly Dogs you need to press some buttons and reset the console, Works fine I test it myself. No such luck with the instructions on how to get to work the Asteroids clone, was hidden after all.

If the blue Sky rangers can´t release the Tron games due copywright, why they didn´t release Deadly dogs? is a very fun game It would be nice to have it on my DS