IGNORED

Ms. Pac-Man High Score Contest (2600)

toptenmaterial

Too bad videos of gameplay aren't taken, because I consider myself a really good player and while I have done it, it's no small task to reach 200k in Ms. Pacman 2600.

Simply because the amount of low Scoring stages with fast blue ghosts (a cherry/strawberry stage with only 200-400pt ghosts only counts for a couple thousand points) vs. the amount of high scoring stages (banana stage = instant 10k points+) is really mixed and up to chance how many of each you get. So if you play 10 stages past the highest stage.. it's possible you only get 1 or 2 banana/pear stages. So yeah with a fast blinky, it gets hard to reach 200k+. Just saying.. "hmmmm"..... :P

• Like 1

I didn't realize that Ms. Pac-Man difficulty was so arbitrary. Maybe next contest will feature something a little more measured.

Jr. Pac, what time zone are you in?

Pacific.

A very big thank you to everyone who participated, you will ALL be receiving prizes! I will be posting the final scores tomorrow (I'm on the iPhone right now and it's tricky to go back and forth). Those who placed in 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be receiving PMs from me regarding their choice of prizes; you will be given a list to make 3 selections from, with higher place holders getting precident. That way, everyone can get one prize. Get it? I don't know if I do! Runners up will have a prize selected by me.

Ok, here is the score tally from our 5 contestants:

1st Place: JrPac, 239,260

2nd Place: Crimefighter, 198,721

3rd Place: Deteacher, 129, 170

Runner Up: NE146, 104,130

Runner Up: Roadrunner, 53,240

Each of you will pick three prizes from the selection below and PM me with your selection, along with your shipping address. You will receive one prize. Runners up will receive either a shitty horror movie or good cd (my choice), please send me your addresses.

Thank you all for participating!!!

VCS games: Combat, Demon Attack, Video Olympics

Game Boy and GBA games: Tetris (GB), Mario Kart Super Circuit, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Zero 4, Xevious (Classic NES Series)

Edited by toptenmaterial

Ok...

JrPac: Olympics (VCS)

Crimefighter: Mariokart (GBA)

Deteacher: one of the GBA Megamans

NE146 and Roadrunner will receive Xevious and Combat, as they were unclaimed. I will ship on Friday.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING!!!

This contest was fun and gave me something to do with my down time (which lately is all the time). I would love to hear some ideas for our next HSC so feel free to post 'em here! I'm open to any platform.

Edited by toptenmaterial

Pac-Man? Kaboom!? Dig-Dug? Air-Sea battle?

You actually want to play the 2600 version of Pac Man???

If we played Kaboom! zylon right here from AtariAge is gonna be tough to beat.

He won the 2600 and 5200 HSC's at Kaboom! and is currently winning the 8 bit HSC at Kaboom!

Yeah, he's good. :) :thumbsup:

Ok, I have announced the next HSC here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/184294-mario-bros-gba-on-super-mario-advance-hsc/#entry2316112

Now, for those of you who may wonder why picked Mario Bros GBA, here's why: It is an excellent conversion, yet most of us aren't intimately familier with it the way that we are with VCS games. Therefore, I thought it would add an eliment of challange. Good luck!

ps I'm not starting the contest until the morning of the fourth to give those of you who will be using emulation a chance to download the ROM.

Edited by toptenmaterial

Ok, that's a dead link above. I had the thread deleted as I will not be doing prizes for our next HSC. I have seen things get realy ugly regarding prizes on some other forums lately. Don't worry, those of you who participated on this last HSC will still be receiving your prizes. I will be posting the new contest tonight; it will still be Mario Bros GBA.