• 1,860 posts

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 6:36 PM

Here's a pic. 0526112029a.jpg

#2 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Quadrunner

• 8,410 posts

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 PM

Ha, yep its a little shorter and fatter but that's a SMS alright. Never heard of the cartoon though. I'd assume its geared toward todays youth who would have no idea what a SMS is. Must be the adult creators slipping a little of their own childhood into the show :)

#3 STICH666 OFFLINE  

STICH666

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,860 posts

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 6:53 PM

Here's a better pic later on in the episode.
0526112046a.jpg

#4 Koopa64 OFFLINE  

Koopa64

Stargunner

• 1,176 posts
  • Love havin' an Apple //e again!

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 PM

I don't care what kind of plugs this show has to vintage gaming. It is a retarded ass show. I can't get over that fucking UGLY art style! YUCK.

I've noticed this a lot with new pieces of entertainment for hipsters. They're all starting to have references to old gaming and I am getting sick and tired of it. Stop associating yourself with vintage gaming, it does NOT make you or your media any cooler.

/rant

#5 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 7:26 PM

I don't care what kind of plugs this show has to vintage gaming. It is a retarded ass show. I can't get over that fucking UGLY art style! YUCK.

I've noticed this a lot with new pieces of entertainment for hipsters. They're all starting to have references to old gaming and I am getting sick and tired of it. Stop associating yourself with vintage gaming, it does NOT make you or your media any cooler.

/rant

modern cartoons in general seem to have that "was drawn by a 5 year old look". I wish cartoons were still the way they were back in the 90's during the Disney hour or what ever it was called, cartoons like Tailspin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, TMNT, Rocko's modern life, and Gargoyles. Those were shows that the money they spent on them showed like the animations in Tailspin and Gargoyles. Why can't modern cartoons look like they actually spent time trying to draw them professionally. On the plus side it looks like Cartoon Network has decided to make a new Looney Toons show, have not watched it enough to make a decision on whether or not it is good.

Edited by ATARI7800fan, Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 PM.

#6 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,581 posts

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 PM

That one is pretty good as far as entertainment value goes. I watch it sometimes, and kinda give it kudos since they did use a SMS in there. Is it the first to have a giant teenage blue jay in there? It was a first for me.

#7 Koopa64 OFFLINE  

Koopa64

Stargunner

• 1,176 posts
  • Love havin' an Apple //e again!

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 7:58 PM

Anything to be associated with something good nathanallan, which in this case is the only way such a show will ever be considered "good".

@7800fan: Yes, it is indeed a shame kid's cartoons have sunk to such a low. It's a disgrace to new people who will at this rate, end up never appreciating ANYTHING half-way decent, let alone fully good.

#8 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 5:59 AM

Anything to be associated with something good nathanallan, which in this case is the only way such a show will ever be considered "good".

@7800fan: Yes, it is indeed a shame kid's cartoons have sunk to such a low. It's a disgrace to new people who will at this rate, end up never appreciating ANYTHING half-way decent, let alone fully good.

That's why I plan on getting as many of the old cartoons on DVD or youtube, thanks to them I can make sure my kids watch quality cartoons. Plus the old Sesame Street before they made the cookie monster the veggie monster.

#9 SlowCoder OFFLINE  

SlowCoder

River Patroller

• 3,686 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 8:02 AM

modern cartoons in general seem to have that "was drawn by a 5 year old look". I wish cartoons were still the way they were back in the 90's during the Disney hour or what ever it was called, cartoons like Tailspin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, TMNT, Rocko's modern life, and Gargoyles. Those were shows that the money they spent on them showed like the animations in Tailspin and Gargoyles. Why can't modern cartoons look like they actually spent time trying to draw them professionally.

Bugs Bunny (the old ones) are great. Just can't stop watching the bunny and his cross-dressing ways, and how Wiley always manages to blow himself up and fall off the cliffs. :) The new ones are not bad, but have lost a bit of their Bugsie flare.

#10 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,198 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 9:20 AM

/rant

It's...for kids, not hipsters. And it's a decently funny show.
p.s. this is an atari fansite... content over visuals and all that.

#11 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 9:37 AM

modern cartoons in general seem to have that "was drawn by a 5 year old look". I wish cartoons were still the way they were back in the 90's during the Disney hour or what ever it was called, cartoons like Tailspin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, TMNT, Rocko's modern life, and Gargoyles. Those were shows that the money they spent on them showed like the animations in Tailspin and Gargoyles. Why can't modern cartoons look like they actually spent time trying to draw them professionally.

Bugs Bunny (the old ones) are great. Just can't stop watching the bunny and his cross-dressing ways, and how Wiley always manages to blow himself up and fall off the cliffs. :) The new ones are not bad, but have lost a bit of their Bugsie flare.

the classic looney toons are hilarious, too bad if they tried to do that these days parents would complain about it being to violent and making there kids do things they should not do, like the Cookie monster making kids fat. Actually have a couple seasons of Looney Toons on LaserDisc.

#12 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,198 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 AM

I have to admit... I work in the quality assurance department of a company, and I'm constantly reminded of Yosemite/Daffy saying "No, you stupid rabbit... like this!"

#13 chrisbid OFFLINE  

chrisbid

Quadrunner

• 5,621 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 1:21 PM

http://www.brandonbi.../sega_ford.html

nobody wants to play master system with harrison ford

#14 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Stargunner

• 1,433 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 PM

What show is this anyway? Doesn't look familiar.

#15 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,198 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 PM

"Regular Show", like it says in the title...

#16 CommodoreStaffen OFFLINE  

CommodoreStaffen

Space Invader

• 38 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 2:27 PM

http://www.brandonbird.com/sega_ford.html

nobody wants to play master system with harrison ford

This just made my day.

And I agree, I find the show mildly entertaining. It's strange, but it's certainly not "/rant here".

And I've noticed all these classic game references. Colecovision in Family Guy, PacMan in ICarly, and countless others I can't remember.

#17 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,581 posts

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 11:35 PM

Heck, I'll play with Harrison if he brings the carts.

Wait, Cookie Monster has been turned into the VEGGIE monster??? That's just wrong.

#18 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Stargunner

• 1,433 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 12:46 AM

"Regular Show", like it says in the title...

I thought it was a just regular show. Didn't realize that was the title. That is a funny thing to call a show.

#19 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 8:01 AM

Wait, Cookie Monster has been turned into the VEGGIE monster??? That's just wrong.

Yep, supposedly too many parents mailed in complaining that the show was making there kids want to eat cookies and become fat and unhealthy. So they decided that the cookie monster had a stroke because of eating to many cookies so now he eats veggies and only has cookies every once in a while in moderation. Family guy even made fun of this.

#20 chrisbid OFFLINE  

chrisbid

Quadrunner

• 5,621 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 AM

Yep, supposedly too many parents mailed in complaining that the show was making there kids want to eat cookies and become fat and unhealthy. So they decided that the cookie monster had a stroke because of eating to many cookies so now he eats veggies and only has cookies every once in a while in moderation. Family guy even made fun of this.

this is also why they put warning labels on the sesame street 'old school' dvds. but these discs will be the only exposure to sesame street my daughter will have.

no elmo, invisible snuffy, and cookie monster

and colbert covered this brilliantly

http://www.colbertna.../cookie-monster

#21 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 8:57 AM

this is also why they put warning labels on the sesame street 'old school' dvds. but these discs will be the only exposure to sesame street my daughter will have.

no elmo, invisible snuffy, and cookie monster

and colbert covered this brilliantly

They put warning labels on the older season DVDs? Really that seems a bit overkill. What is this country and society coming too.

#22 Chuplayer OFFLINE  

Chuplayer

Moonsweeper

• 397 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 10:07 AM

I love Regular Show. I think it's the best thing on TV right now.

The Master System has been making random appearances since the first few episodes. On one episode, a character in the game they're playing possesses the system, TV, and controllers, and it begins to fight the characters on the show. It's really funny.

#23 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,581 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 11:34 AM

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/174545/june-19-2008/cookie-monster

Definitely brilliant!

#24 chrisbid OFFLINE  

chrisbid

Quadrunner

• 5,621 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 7:03 PM

Definitely brilliant!

my heart burst with pride when i heard the audience boo 'fruit monster'

#25 atari2600land OFFLINE  

atari2600land

Quadrunner

• 8,001 posts
  • The brightest ideas in the world are here to play.

Posted Sun May 29, 2011 9:34 AM

Wait a second, Cookie Monster had a stroke? When did this happen?
I got rid of my Master System after I found I just couldn't find any games I liked for it.
Also, CN has a habit of offing my favorite shows after only a few seasons (cough "Brak Show" cough)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users