IGNORED

Converting stx. to st files for ?

i cant seem to find the info i need for doing this? is it doable? most game files im finding are stx, and im wanting to copy them to an actual floppy. any help?

STX is special format for copy protected floppies. It is not possible to convert it to usual writeable formats as ST or MSA without loosing protection infos.

If you want to write some game to floppy you need to DL some crack which is usually in writeable format as ST or MSA. In some rare cases STX is possible to convert to ST, MSA format - because people imaged many floppies without actual copy protection in STX format. But you need to be expert to judge what is such.

'Conversion' self is doable only with emulator on PC.

i cant seem to find the info i need for doing this? is it doable? most game files im finding are stx, and im wanting to copy them to an actual floppy. any help?

Where are you finding these games?

All the games over at http://www.climatics.com/downloads.php are MSA :)

atarimania is where i was looking, and ohh thank you so much for the link!

• 6 years later...

Sorry, you are right, first of all you need an old machine with Windows XP on it, and then you need Omniflop.exe a PC program that will convert almost everything to either 3.5 inch or 5.25 inch disks, but be forewarned, this program says it will not work with USB drives but it does actually work with .ST files that are 720 K in size (but not with single sided disks) unless you have an old computer with an ancient floppy drive that still works. Note also I have over 800 Atari ST original disks and have converted some of them to .ST files. For those of you who are interested I should be getting a GOTEK floppy drive emulator that will run .ST files from a USB stick, looks promising but I may prefer the disk versions (they don't always crash).... Russ Campbell

the link in my previous post is dead, here is the new link:

https://mega.nz/#F!EUFz1YiK!j864G24rNCq5KeMvAQvoeA

More than just Atari files all retro files ................ Russ

Edited by rcamp48

• 1 month later...