IGNORED

Go Atari Trying to Liquidate

bojay1997

Well, after a year of not returning my e-mails requesting to buy a couple of games, I got a strange e-mail from Peter Curry this morning directing me to his website. Apparently, he is trying to sell his entire stock of Game.com, Lynx and Jaguar gear in one shot. Unfortunately, he estimates it's value at $350K where I would estimate it at maybe less than a quarter of that on a good day. In any event, if you're curious about what he has, you can check out www.goatari.com I'm guessing he won't sell cheap and given my past dealings with him, he will be very insulted if anyone is honest with him about his valuation.

Well, after a year of not returning my e-mails requesting to buy a couple of games, I got a strange e-mail from Peter Curry this morning directing me to his website. Apparently, he is trying to sell his entire stock of Game.com, Lynx and Jaguar gear in one shot. Unfortunately, he estimates it's value at $350K where I would estimate it at maybe less than a quarter of that on a good day. In any event, if you're curious about what he has, you can check out www.goatari.com I'm guessing he won't sell cheap and given my past dealings with him, he will be very insulted if anyone is honest with him about his valuation.

It's an impressive quantity of Jaguar and Lynx stuff! I wonder who he bought it from in the first place?

He bases his $350K on the max possible retail value. What is the probability of selling, say, 108 Cybermorphs at $60/each? That's how he accounts for them. Even 25% of retail seems like a high offer.

Anyone who buys liquidated inventory knows the seller has lost hope of selling the inventory. If the market could support his prices, he'd be sold out.

Some store should end up with a good deal out of this. I wonder if we'll figure out which one.

- KS

• Like 6

he estimates it's value at $350K

Oooohhh ok i'll do it since no one else has yet.... BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

That's a good one! a really,really good one!

Point one! It's 2011 and 360,Wii,and Playstation are the current focus of the console gaming community.

Point two! The general gaming community has not given a crap about Lynx,Jaguar and Game.com since they were new systems.

Point three! The only people who even give a care about these games/systems are the 'retro/niche/diehard' fan types that are in the minority. And none of those folks are likely to have $350K just sitting around to blow on that kind of inventory and stores like Big Lots or Ollies are unlikely to touch these items because they are to damn old.

Sadly he is probably going the O'Sheas route and just looking to sell this stuff off so it can be melted down for the gold.

• Like 1

wow that goatari price list is kind of weird how do you have negative inventory (if you buy it do you have to provide a copy to him?)

957 lynx adapters wow he better just call up HSC in santa clara for the adapters cause they are not worth the price of shipping

• Like 1

He is a tool - my understanding is he got his inventory at a pretty good price and has made his money - he also is tried of doing this so he's trying to get inflated ebay prices with little to no work - who cares what he does with his inventory.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't end like the O'Shea liquidation... Weren't all of his 2600 and 7800 games melted down? I don't recall reading about anybody actually buying out his inventory.

He kept 20-30k games around to sell like he had been, but those are gone now. I am not sure if he decided to have those smelted to, or if someone else bought him out.

who cares what he does with his inventory.

Erm... I'm sure jag homebrewers would like the jag cart shells for cheap.

Since we know that cheap and reasonable are not in Pete's vocabulary then again I ask who cares what he does with the inventory.

He has $350k in 1995 inventory - he has $20K in 2011 inventory - anyone think he will bite at that price?

If he already made his money it would be nice to see him get rid of all that for a fair price. If he's tired of doing the sales, I'm sure there are others who would do it and not rape people.

He did ask people to send him fair price offers - when they didnt match eBay prices he pretty much called everyone crazy for their 'fair price' offers.

Unless he posts the price he really wants you'll be playing the 'Thats a ridiculously low offer' game with him until you get near the 350K mark.

He has got to be related to Sweetard4u

• Like 1

If he already made his money it would be nice to see him get rid of all that for a fair price. If he's tired of doing the sales, I'm sure there are others who would do it and not rape people.

He did ask people to send him fair price offers - when they didnt match eBay prices he pretty much called everyone crazy for their 'fair price' offers.

Unless he posts the price he really wants you'll be playing the 'Thats a ridiculously low offer' game with him until you get near the 350K mark.

He has got to be related to Sweetard4u

Is ShitStain still selling? I've avoided eBay for my Jag needs in recent years so I dunno what BS that guy is up.

He can't seriously expect to sell all of that stuff at "eBay prices". Any prospective buyers who would want to turn a profit on that inventory are going to have to buy the lot under eBay prices. Am I missing something here? What's his game? If it's to get people talking about his website, then he succeeded. Nevertheless, he's still not going to sell $40 Lynx games.

He can't seriously expect to sell all of that stuff at "eBay prices". Any prospective buyers who would want to turn a profit on that inventory are going to have to buy the lot under eBay prices. Am I missing something here? What's his game? If it's to get people talking about his website, then he succeeded. Nevertheless, he's still not going to sell $40 Lynx games.

That was the last interaction most folks had with him - until he sends out a different message he is expecting to make 100% profit on his inventory and dont insult him with a fair offer.

I doubt anyone who visits his site is going to make an offer. He would be better off contacting large game liquidators like Game Source in Florida (they bought out significant Telegames UK inventory). He can expect about 10 cents on the dollar. Lord knows that for the past two years they haven't been much to deal with. Without the lady he would have failed long ago. You can't yell at your customers when they try to buy your crap.

AX

• Like 1

I have never been running a shop or anything... but even as just a guy interested in Atari-stuff, even if he put the stuff on eBay for these prices he would be left with a lot of unsold inventory.

Seriously... I can buy Battle Wheels any day of the week for about 6 Dollars new. The same goes for Robotron and a lot of other games on his list. Why would anyone buy the games for 40 Dollars seeing their current market value, let alone someone who wants to earn money by reselling?

It puzzles me. Is that person really expecting that someone will pay that kind of money for inventory for three of the least wanted systems out there? Jaguar, Lynx and Geme.Com are not exactly favorites for many people, and the games are not even hard to get new!

Can someone really be so delusional to believe he will sell this?

EDIT: I wonder if I should send him an offer for all his 116 units of Theme Park for Jag, listed for 0.00 $ each...

Edited by 108 Stars