IGNORED

Robinson's Requiem now available for the Jaguar CD

Songbird

ROBINSON'S REQUIEM NOW AVALABLE FOR THE ATARI JAGUAR

May 30, 2011

For immediate release:

ROCHESTER, MN - Songbird Productions is proud to announce the immediate availability of Robinson's Requiem for the Atari Jaguar. In this enthralling 3D adventure, you play the part of a Robinson. The action unfolds in the middle of the twenty-second century, at a time when the Earth and some of its colonized planets are already over-populated. Robinson is the nickname given to members of AWE - Alien World Exploration - a military body whose task it is to explore totally unknown planets. Your last mission takes you to an uncharted planet where something goes horribly wrong. Now you must survive the harsh environment and somehow make your way... home.

Robinson's Requiem features a fully explorable 3D environment encompassing three square miles of landscape, rendered and live-action video sequences, and Memory Track support for saved games. There are dozens of items to collect, use, and build as you ward off predators, illness, and adversaries. Your Sesame mini-computer tracks your health vitals and maps the area around you while you struggle to survive.

The end of a journey is just the beginning in Robinson's Requiem! The professionally glass-mastered disc comes in a poly-wrapped Amaray case and includes a glossy 16-page manual. Order your copy today at http://songbird-productions.com.

Songbird Productions is a premier game developer and publisher for the Atari Lynx and Jaguar. To keep up to date with the latest news at Songbird Productions, be sure to visit the company web site at http://songbird-productions.com. This message may be reprinted in its entirety.

• Like 5

OK, here's the deal. The regular price for Robinson's Requiem is $59.95, however as a thank you to all the dedicated Jaguar fans who have supported Songbird for a dozen years, the price is only $49.95 through Friday, June 3rd, 2011. I need your help to spread the word to other Jaguar fans! Post on Twitter, Facebook, VideoGameGeek.com, Atari.net, or other video game sites and share your support right here in the official thread.

I'm so excited to bring this game to Jaguar fans after seven long years of tracking down the rights and getting the game published. I can't wait to see how creative you can be in spreading the word about a new, professional Jaguar release nearly sixteen years after the last release by Atari. Thanks again for all your support, and enjoy the game!

• Like 1

Guess that's what I get for going off half cocked and not checking :D

Just tweeted the news under my @orpheuswaking account (which will feed to my facebook)

[edit]

and paid!

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 1

hmmm.. $50 for postage to the uk. I'm sure there is some mistake there

No, that is correct. I only use the US Post Office for shipping, and after having multiple lost orders in 2009-10 using the cheaper First Class international rates (which does not include tracking), I finally switched to Express Mail to guarantee worldwide tracking and delivery. Note that shipping is still a flate rate, so you can order multiple games and the shipping rate will not go up.

Hello Carl!

I'm so excited to bring this game to Jaguar fans after seven long years of tracking down the rights and getting the game published. I can't wait to see how creative you can be in spreading the word about a new, professional Jaguar release nearly sixteen years after the last release by Atari. Thanks again for all your support, and enjoy the game!

Congratulations on this release!

Kind regards

Matthias

Awesome news, can't afford a copy at the moment but definitely going to grab this when I get the chance.

Posted an article up here: http://www.ntsc-uk.co.uk/content.php?103-Robinson-s-Requiem-released-for-the-Atari-Jaguar-CD

The site has a sizeable readership and decent sized retro community so hope it helps, we even got website of the month from Edge mag a few years ago :).

(The reason the rest of the site is a little bare is that we recently had a problem with the person in charge of hosting, who also happened to own our original domain name, that has necesitated us archiving a couple of thousand or so reviews and features for the moment, though we are in the process of bringing that content back right now.)

• Like 1

Hey anyone who is a long time AAer that I've seen and wants me to forward them a copy of the game standard first class air mail feel free to PM me. No new users. I'll have a customs proof but you won't hold me liable for any lost shipments. Happy to help.

AX

Another example of why Atari Age will always be the best forum to participate in :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hey anyone who is a long time AAer that I've seen and wants me to forward them a copy of the game standard first class air mail feel free to PM me. No new users. I'll have a customs proof but you won't hold me liable for any lost shipments. Happy to help.

AX

That's a great offer!

Another thing worth noting is that if you add further Jaguar games (I tired CDs) to the basket, the shipping price does not increase, so maybe there's some value in picking up 1 or 2 other items at the same time?

So this game was 100% complete with all the bugs removed and playtested and all back in the day and Atari decided not to release it? That seems strange considering this was one of the games on the Jag CD box IIRC, so one would think it should have been finished still in the Jag's lifetime. Of course the Jag CD's lifetime wasn't that long and Atari might have seen the writing on the wall when this game was done.

I guess I'm just wondering how the game got to this point. I'm always curious about the journey these games take before they get to this place.

Unfortunately I'm low on money right now, but I think I might be able to swing it in the next 3 months or so.

Thanks for all the kind words, and special thanks to those of you who have already started spreading the word online! Keep it going, and once I see a few more links posted to this thread (or at least confirmations you've put out a Twitter/FB update), I'll post a pic with the Amaray case opened so you can get a glimpse of the glossy booklet and full-color disc. :)