Photo

Eartworm Jim 2, Genesis or Saturn.

5 replies to this topic

#1 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Sun Jun 5, 2011 11:19 PM

Hello. I currently own Earthworm Jim and I am thinking of getting the sequel. I currently own a Genesis and Saturn and was wondering which version people think is the best both in music and gameplay. Thanks for your time.

#2 dendawg OFFLINE  

dendawg

Chopper Commander

• 194 posts

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2011 6:50 AM

Hello. I currently own Earthworm Jim and I am thinking of getting the sequel. I currently own a Genesis and Saturn and was wondering which version people think is the best both in music and gameplay. Thanks for your time.

The Saturn version is definitely superior music wise...as far as gameplay I've only played the Saturn version so I can't say for sure.

#3 Bloodreign OFFLINE  

Bloodreign

Star Raider

• 76 posts
  • Destroy the Core!!

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2011 1:28 PM

The Genesis version's prety good too, sure the music isn't quite as nice, but it's still solid, so is the gameplay.

#4 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• 4,910 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2011 6:01 PM

Get 'em both! :)

#5 Rex Dart ONLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,544 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2011 6:11 PM

Gameplay's probably the same on both, but I'd get it on Saturn for the graphics. Genesis' palette was limited enough to show some pretty obvious differences between the Genesis and SNES versions, so I'd imagine it's the same with the Genesis vs Saturn.

#6 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 9,079 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2011 8:15 PM

There are some background effects that are vastly enhanced over the 16-bit versions, so definitely go with the Saturn one. The CD soundtrack is also a nice bonus, as it's very well done (you can pop it in a CD player too if you want).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users