IGNORED

INTELLIVISION ADAPTER ?

hi there

an Atari 2600 adapter exists for our beloved system...and a 2600 adapter also exists for the Intv2..so I think it would be possible an Intellivision adapter for the Colecovision ?

thanks to serious reply to a silly question

MAX

Coleco actually seriously considered doing an Inty adaptor (I think there's even a prototype somewhere) but then the Crash of '84 came and killed the project.

So it's doable. Why anyone would try to do it now, in 2011, is beyond me.

hi there

an Atari 2600 adapter exists for our beloved system...and a 2600 adapter also exists for the Intv2..so I think it would be possible an Intellivision adapter for the Colecovision ?

thanks to serious reply to a silly question

MAX

Coleco actually seriously considered doing an Inty adaptor (I think there's even a prototype somewhere) but then the Crash of '84 came and killed the project.

So it's doable. Why anyone would try to do it now, in 2011, is beyond me.

Thanks LUC

despite hundreds magazines of the golden era I never read about an adapter..it would be nice to see a picture if it exists.

some reasons to realize it :

in Europe Intellivision was very popular and was "replaced" in hearts by Spectrum/Vic20/C64 computers. Colecovision arrived too late, too expensive, with very few games that could not compete with the cheapest "pirate" games on disk for computers.

If you look at Ebay Italy or Germany or France you will see A LOT in Intellivision games for sale, compared to those for Colecovision. So, an adapter, il well promoted, would be a good way to also support old and new Intellivision fans that inevitably should collect a Colecovision, that would see its community grow.

but ok..only an idea. :ponder:

I think i saw somewhere a picture of the Intellivision Module prototype for colecovision. I don't remember where... may be somewhere in a post here.

I don't see any interrest in this kind of module nowadays. But back in time, i would be the first one to buy one! (as i did for the 2600 adapter!).

What we need nowadays is a 3 in 1 console that allow to use cartridge from 2600, Intellivision and Coleco as it exists for "NES SNES and MEGADRIVE/GENESIS"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LVH80M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=217153&creative=399701&creativeASIN=B001LVH80M

• Like 3

Could have been a cool item back in the day, but as DJPubba proved a few months ago with his modded Exp Mod #1, the Atari module was pretty much a stand alone Atari that just passed through the Coleco's AV lines. (Although, I know it's more complicated than that technically!)

Now Youki, that's a TOTALLY cool idea. :) But I fear for what the controller would look like! lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That is all an adapter is. A nearly complete system being passed through the main system.

In the case of the 2600 adapter, the only parts needed for stand alone operation are the clock part and TIA to A/V out.

I just read about a 7800 adapter for the 5200 that never came out. I think it was just a 7800 board cut down you would have plugged into the 5200.

I miss my Intellivision II.

I know people say it is not worth it all you have to do is buy an intellivision but if there was a intellivision adapator for the colecovision I would buy it and I would start to get intellivision games. Just don't really feal like buying an intellivision system and dealing with their controllers and whatever other problems intellivisions have that I don't know about.

I know people say it is not worth it all you have to do is buy an intellivision but if there was a intellivision adapator for the colecovision I would buy it and I would start to get intellivision games. Just don't really feal like buying an intellivision system and dealing with their controllers and whatever other problems intellivisions have that I don't know about.

There's a small contradiction there, Dan: An intellivision adaptor will necessarily come with its own controller ports (just like the Expansion Module #1 does) and force you to use Intellivision controllers (the detachable kind). Inty users will also likely whine if the adaptor doesn't have an expansion port (for the Intellivoice module, etc.) and in the end, the adaptor will probably have most of the "problems" that come with original Inty consoles.

There's a small contradiction there, Dan: An intellivision adaptor will necessarily come with its own controller ports (just like the Expansion Module #1 does) and force you to use Intellivision controllers (the detachable kind). Inty users will also likely whine if the adaptor doesn't have an expansion port (for the Intellivoice module, etc.) and in the end, the adaptor will probably have most of the "problems" that come with original Inty consoles.

Good point :) Hopefully whoever built the module would be willing to sell services to fix it as well. :)

• 10 years later...