IGNORED

Mark PMs as read after having clicked on them

Apparently you have to choose "mark as read" after having clicked on a message. But I like it more where if the number in the top right of the screen is in bold and says "1," "2," etc., that it implies you have unread messages, because when I click on it and see that I've already read a message, and it wasn't telling the truth when it actually told me I had unread messages, then I get very slightly annoyed or something...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/oldschooldickhead.png/

...none of which I expressed to this guy above who just banned me from responding to him in PM about it. I guess he's still annoyed that I thought he looked like Dave Halverson in his profile pic.

If I'm wrong, as I likely am, and no one else SUFFERS from this problem, of seeing sometimes on forums that it says "unread messages," not just at AtariAge's forums... and then you click on it and realize they are in fact messages you've already clicked on and read... then well so be it. Sorry!

Apparently you have to choose "mark as read" after having clicked on a message. But I like it more where if the number in the top right of the screen is in bold and says "1," "2," etc., that it implies you have unread messages, because when I click on it and see that I've already read a message, and it wasn't telling the truth when it actually told me I had unread messages, then I get very slightly annoyed or something...

http://imageshack.us...oldickhead.png/

...none of which I expressed to this guy above who just banned me from responding to him in PM about it. I guess he's still annoyed that I thought he looked like Dave Halverson in his profile pic.

If I'm wrong, as I likely am, and no one else SUFFERS from this problem, of seeing sometimes on forums that it says "unread messages," not just at AtariAge's forums... and then you click on it and realize they are in fact messages you've already clicked on and read... then well so be it. Sorry!

I never have had that issue. After I read my msgs, they no longer appear as read. Not sure what you have going on there, but like OldSchoolRetroGamer said, check your settings.

Additionally, I don't think folks will appreciate the "oldschooldickhead.jpg" image link. Not only is it inappropriate in content, but after reading that PM, it is completely absurd. I speak with OldSchool in the threads all the time and he is a good guy. He fully explained the situation to you (more than he needed to BTW), and said if you have any other troubles to PM a Mod. That is not a "BAN" as you put it. It is the right thing to do. Mods are the folks who are in the best position to assist with such matters.

I guess you can't win for trying sometimes....icon_rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/oldschooldickhead.png/

WOW your really a piece of work aren't you? :roll: I answered your question on YOUTUBE on how to stop notifications because you posted asking if you could be banned in the Masonry thread because you were annoyed at getting notification in your Hotmail. Then you sent me a PM (PM did you know that stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE? Obviously not) I answered your question to the best of my ability then suggested further questions be sent to a mod or admin. So sorry. Yes I did block him folks because I had a feeling I knew where this was going, I was not getting a good vibe from you and it is our right and privilege to choose who we associate with here! Judging from this post I now see I made 100% the right choice. stalepie I've have had no issues with you in the past, now you post a PRIVATE MESSAGE and insult me and call me names? You act like a 12 year old and not a well mannered 12 year old either! Well, my reputation here speaks for itself and now, so will yours. I am done in this thread, glad I blocked you asshole. :P

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Additionally, I don't think folks will appreciate the "oldschooldickhead.jpg" image link. Not only is it inappropriate in content, but after reading that PM, it is completely absurd.

+1

I agree. I don't understand what OldSchoolRetroGamer supposedly did wrong except trying to help someone who is unappreciative. :roll:

• Like 1