Photo

The Difference Between PS3 Controllers

13 replies to this topic

#1 thegamezmaster OFFLINE  

thegamezmaster

River Patroller

• 2,065 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:20 PM

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the controller that comes with the slim ps3 that just says sixaxis and feels lighter than the ps3 controllers that have dualshock3 and sixaxis on them and are heavier? Do they both have the rumble feature or any differences besides weight? I looked around and couldn't find any info. Thanks.

#2 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 8,058 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 PM

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the controller that comes with the slim ps3 that just says sixaxis and feels lighter than the ps3 controllers that have dualshock3 and sixaxis on them and are heavier? Do they both have the rumble feature or any differences besides weight? I looked around and couldn't find any info. Thanks.

Sixaxis feels lighter and cheaper. Dualshock 3 is heavier and has rumble.

I've read that the sixaxis lasts a bit longer because it doesnt have rumble but it doesnt matter....Dualshock 3 is better.

#3 Rikkarr OFFLINE  

Rikkarr

Chopper Commander

• 182 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 PM

I've read that the sixaxis lasts a bit longer because it doesnt have rumble but it doesnt matter....Dualshock 3 is better.

I've also had a bad experience with sixaxis joysticks. They seem to break more easily, and start to lose their centering ability, kind of like the old N64 sticks. I haven't had this problem on DS3s, though.

#4 Galeforcerm OFFLINE  

Galeforcerm

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 PM

I had 2 sixaxis controllers go bad on me. They just stopped.working. no problems with the 4 ds3's I've had.

#5 Seob OFFLINE  

Seob

River Patroller

• 2,222 posts

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 AM

I have 2 release sixaxis, no problem with them. Bought a dualshock 3 last year because i really misted the rumble function. The only downside of the sony controllers are the bad design of the l2 and r2. Bought a pair of these and man what an improvement.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Seob, Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:04 AM.

#6 thegamezmaster OFFLINE  

thegamezmaster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,065 posts

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:36 PM

I have 2 release sixaxis, no problem with them. Bought a dualshock 3 last year because i really misted the rumble function. The only downside of the sony controllers are the bad design of the l2 and r2. Bought a pair of these and man what an improvement.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have them on all my controllers and love them.

#7 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 8,315 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 PM

Me too. I just picked up another DualShock 3 for use with my MacBook Pro. The triggers have a new design on them.
triggers.jpg

#8 gtmtnbiker OFFLINE  

gtmtnbiker

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 PM

Me too. I just picked up another DualShock 3 for use with my MacBook Pro. The triggers have a new design on them.
triggers.jpg

I guess I'm confused. My PS3 slim (holiday 2010) has a DS3 that does not look like the one in the thread. It has a convex L2/R2, not concave.

Posted Image

Are people modifying their controllers to have concave buttons? Or are they older models?

#9 Seob OFFLINE  

Seob

River Patroller

• 2,222 posts

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 PM

I guess that spicewars means that the clip-on l2 - r2 buttons have a new design.

#10 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• 5,221 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 PM

triggers.jpg

I guess I'm confused. My PS3 slim (holiday 2010) has a DS3 that does not look like the one in the thread. It has a convex L2/R2, not concave.

Posted Image

Are people modifying their controllers to have concave buttons? Or are they older models?

He just worded it poorly. Those are 3rd party attachments. Sony hasn't changed the design of the triggers and that isn't a stock controller. What your controller shows is still the current Dual Shock 3 design and has been since day 1.

Edited by Atariboy, Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 PM.

#11 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 8,315 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 AM

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should have quoted thegamezmaster's "I have them on all my controllers and love them.", which is what I was replying to.

Edited by SpiceWare, Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 AM.

#12 vectorman61890 OFFLINE  

vectorman61890

Chopper Commander

• 117 posts

Posted Fri Jul 1, 2011 1:30 AM

I've also had a bad experience with sixaxis joysticks. They seem to break more easily, and start to lose their centering ability, kind of like the old N64 sticks. I haven't had this problem on DS3s, though.

I have a similar problem on two of my controllers also. Both left joysticks would stick and be stuck "up" when pushed on for a decent amount of time. I usually run into this problem when running around in Call of Duty or Resistance.

#13 VW OFFLINE  

VW

Chopper Commander

• 222 posts

Posted Fri Jul 1, 2011 2:56 PM

Where are you guys getting those controller clipons for the L2/R2 buttons? I would love to get some of those, I hate the current design.

#14 Rikkarr OFFLINE  

Rikkarr

Chopper Commander

• 182 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2011 8:22 PM

Where are you guys getting those controller clipons for the L2/R2 buttons? I would love to get some of those, I hate the current design.

Gamestop is where I get mine. They're very inexpensive, and I think I saw them in packs of 2 (4 total) last time I was there.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users