IGNORED

Opcode website updated

opcode

Tremendous work and news... really looking forward to the release of a complete (and then some!) version of DK on the CV.

For me, the Luigi question is a toss up between #2 and #3. Quick question, will the lives left characature in the upper right eventually match the character that is being played at the time?

Tremendous work and news... really looking forward to the release of a complete (and then some!) version of DK on the CV.

For me, the Luigi question is a toss up between #2 and #3. Quick question, will the lives left characature in the upper right eventually match the character that is being played at the time?

Good catch. Need to fix that too. ;)

Good catch. Need to fix that too. ;)

Luc isn't the only one with an eye for the little things! :D

May i suggest also to change the girl to save depending on the player. It is not very ethic that Mario and Luigi have the same girl friend.... ;)

lol..

Very impressive work. :lust: :lust: :lust:

Mario has plenty of girlfriends, like Pauline, Peach and Daisy, so I don't think he minds sharing some with his brother. ;)

[EDIT] Let's move the DK discussing back to the appropriated thread...

Edited by opcode

Let's move the DK discussing back to the appropriated thread...

Okay then, what about the MegaCart Mark II? :) You'll need it if you still intend to save DK's high-score table on the cart. Is the design of the MC2 finalized? Just curious. :)

Please check the DKA thread...

Actually it is more of back-to-basics. The website was reverted to what it was before the whole "David Harley incident" of last year. I still need to update all the game pages with current status, include Paypal links and some new movies, but that will happen as time allows. Hopefully just a first step for greater things later this year. In the meantime I guess CV will have quite a lot of reasons to celebrate this year... ;)

Still bringing up the "david harley" incident? Try blaming the people who made it possible to upload pirated games in the first place by making a multicart.

Still bringing up the "david harley" incident? Try blaming the people who made it possible to upload pirated games in the first place by making a multicart.

Multi-carts and homebrew rom distribution are 2 different things. Even without multi-carts the roms can be played on emulators. I personally would appreciate it if you just dropped the whole thing, you stirred shit up as much or more than anybody when this all went down last year.

• Like 4

Multi-carts and homebrew rom distribution are 2 different things. Even without multi-carts the roms can be played on emulators. I personally would appreciate it if you just dropped the whole thing, you stirred shit up as much or more than anybody when this all went down last year.

im sorry we dont see eye to eye on this matter. but opcode felt the need to bring it up a year later for really no particular reason other to slam harley and his actions.

so since we are here a year later how about we open it up again?

you guys do not own the rights to 90% of the games you "make" to begin with. when ever you guys start making a real original homebrew you might have a leg to stand on with the "david harley incident" as it was lovingly referred too.

oh look!!! opcode games has a goonies game coming up. My link

i didnt know he had the rights to to the goonies franchise. silly me.......icon_rolleyes.gif

disclaimer: just because i am bringing this shit up, doesnt mean i dont buy these games. hey, i probably release one myself. lets be real, homebrewers for retro systems are getting away with alot, so dont you guys slam someone like harly for making the roms available and just charging for his service and time and energy to people who do not have the expertise to upload roms to a multicart.

Edited by revolutionika

Just to clarify some points:

1) David Harley approached me a couple of years ago saying he wanted to "help" me. Once he was given the website to take care of, he started having greater ambitions, he call me a couple of times to tell me I was doing a pretty poor job promoting my games, that he had the experience and ideas to do a much better job and I would sell a ton more. Then he offered to invest on the business side if he was given a piece of Opcode, which I never agreed.

2) While he was still the Opcode webmaster, he dumped and started selling not just my ColecoVision games, but also games from several other homebrewers, including some original games if I remember correctly. The fact that some of the ROM had been made available online does NOT give him the right to sell them. And AFAIK he never asked for permission to distribute and sell any of those ROMs.

3) When I tried to contact him about the whole thing (in a very polite way should I say), he never replied. In fact he never contacted me again. In the meantime he removed some of the ROMs from his website but things like manuals were still there the last time I checked.

4) Now that mr Harley got out of the ColecoVisison scene, he plans a new version of DK for the Intellivision titled, guess what, Donkey Kong Arcade! But as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, which means my work is crossing the boundaries of the ColecoVision scene. I just hope mr Harley makes DKA name justice and try really, really hard... ;)

[End of line]

• Like 4

Not to take the defense of D.H , but i think there is also a Donkey Kong Arcade on Atari 2600 (or if not already available it is in development). I don't think the title refers to your work Eduardo. DK already exists on 2600 , and Intellivision , the "Arcade" is just added to the title to enforce the idea it is lot closer to the arcade version than the previous one.

Just to clarify some points:

1) David Harley approached me a couple of years ago saying he wanted to "help" me. Once he was given the website to take care of, he started having greater ambitions, he call me a couple of times to tell me I was doing a pretty poor job promoting my games, that he had the experience and ideas to do a much better job and I would sell a ton more. Then he offered to invest on the business side if he was given a piece of Opcode, which I never agreed.

2) While he was still the Opcode webmaster, he dumped and started selling not just my ColecoVision games, but also games from several other homebrewers, including some original games if I remember correctly. The fact that some of the ROM had been made available online does NOT give him the right to sell them. And AFAIK he never asked for permission to distribute and sell any of those ROMs.

3) When I tried to contact him about the whole thing (in a very polite way should I say), he never replied. In fact he never contacted me again. In the meantime he removed some of the ROMs from his website but things like manuals were still there the last time I checked.

4) Now that mr Harley got out of the ColecoVisison scene, he plans a new version of DK for the Intellivision titled, guess what, Donkey Kong Arcade! But as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, which means my work is crossing the boundaries of the ColecoVision scene. I just hope mr Harley makes DKA name justice and try really, really hard... ;)

[End of line]

I dont know about all the behind the scene problems you had with harley but i do know this: If you dont want to lose control of something, dont give it up in the first place. this is common knowledge in the business world.

========================================================

"The fact that some of the ROM had been made available online does NOT give him the right to sell them. And AFAIK he never asked for permission to distribute and sell any of those ROMs"

Now if you are talking about a ROM for one of YOUR originally programmed homebrews that YOU made and not something like space invaders or pacman that is a different story. You do not own that ROM for pacman anniversary. Namco should sue you just for saying that.

ANd also, i dont think harley was trying to sell the roms...he was selling a service to upload them onto the multi cart. he wasnt loading the roms onto a blank pcb and selling a homebrew release like you guys do.

get over yourselves and let it drop. you brought it up a year later to begin with. you just couldnt let it go peacefully. you have been harboring this for a year and took the first oppertunity to express it.

Revolutionika...

To use an old and very wise saying, "If you don't have anything good to say, DON'T say anything at all!".

You don't spend any time contributing on this CV/ADAM Forum except when it is time to try and start some shit and go on the attack. Where are you when there are new people showing up on here looking for help with repairs or where to find and go about purchasing items of interest? Where are you when someone does a great job like Yurkie, Eduardo, J-F, Luc, 5-11under, etc. in support of our favorite game system and computer with a thanks or a +1.

Wungfu was right about how courageous people seem to get when they are sending messages on a forum like this and not dealing with a face to face conversation.

• Like 11

Revolutionika...

To use an old and very wise saying, "If you don't have anything good to say, DON'T say anything at all!".

You don't spend any time contributing on this CV/ADAM Forum except when it is time to try and start some shit and go on the attack. Where are you when there are new people showing up on here looking for help with repairs or where to find and go about purchasing items of interest? Where are you when someone does a great job like Yurkie, Eduardo, J-F, Luc, 5-11under, etc. in support of our favorite game system and computer with a thanks or a +1.

Wungfu was right about how courageous people seem to get when they are sending messages on a forum like this and not dealing with a face to face conversation.

i like your classic response: discredit the messenger rather than deal with the actual topic.

shame, shame, shame.

Edited by revolutionika

i like your classic response: discredit the messenger rather than deal with the actual topic.

Well then stick to the topic of this thread which is the Opcode Games Website. If you want to throw criticism at others and their approach to homebrew games and rom distribution then please start your own thread where hopefully you'll be very lonely.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 5

Well then stick to the topic of this thread which is the Opcode Games Website. If you want to throw criticism at others and their approach to homebrew games and rom distribution then please start your own thread where hopefully you'll be very lonely.

the actual thread was not on topic. it all got brought up when he make that little remark up about harley instead of just trying to promote his actual website.

mr opcode has apparently been waiting for a year to come back and throw his own thread off topic. icon_mrgreen.gif

i am willing to drop the whole thing if you guys will stop responding to me. just ignore me and i will go back to the intellivision forum.

but is opcode willing to let it drop and stop bringing it up?

Edited by revolutionika

Not to take the defense of D.H , but i think there is also a Donkey Kong Arcade on Atari 2600 (or if not already available it is in development). I don't think the title refers to your work Eduardo. DK already exists on 2600 , and Intellivision , the "Arcade" is just added to the title to enforce the idea it is lot closer to the arcade version than the previous one.

harly is just bringing it to market. he didnt even come up with the name. some other guy has been making this game for MANY years. long before eduardo got butthurt by harley.

I do really enjoy my Opcode Games!

Thanks Eduardo!

You're welcome...

Now, is someone getting Zelda 3DS midnight? I couldn't find a damn place helding a midnight event... I guess i will need to wait until tomorrow... :(