Photo

CORGS Con 2011

8 replies to this topic

#1 Blur2040 OFFLINE  

Blur2040

Chopper Commander

• 237 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:26 PM

CORGS CON 2011 -- * July 16th, 9am to 6pm. 3795 South High Street, Columbus OH, 43207 *

They've pulled out all of the stops this year! Stores selling, collectors selling, rare stuff to see, rare stuff to play, LAN gaming, nicer venue, awkward conversations, that one guy with poor hygiene. You know. It'll be a video game show! Buying, Selling, Playing, Contests, good times for all.

And did I mention...TWO COOL TABLES STARRING ME! Yes, you can come to my table, and play my video games with me, Blur2040. Fun! I'll be running high score contests on various arcade and Neo Geo games. I'll also probably give away prizes or something! I have entirely too many duplicate consoles... Might be time to get rid of a Colecovision or a Sega Genesis...or a N64...or something.

ALSO, LIVE AND IN PERSON: At least 2 guys named Gary, and, making a very special appearance, if he doesn't have anything better to do: My friend, Alan. He can make a noise that sounds just like Predator from the movies AND is really good at juggling. AMAZING!

Haha! Ok, I've had my fun...

COME TO THE SHOW!

#2 Blur2040 OFFLINE  

Blur2040

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 237 posts

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:52 PM

Just a week to go!

Wow!

#3 captmorgandrinker OFFLINE  

captmorgandrinker

Chopper Commander

• 119 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 AM

I'll also have 3 tables featuring lots of 2600 and 5200 games, among others.

#4 chrisbid OFFLINE  

chrisbid

Quadrunner

• 5,562 posts

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 PM

thanks to everyone that stopped by my modest table (front room by the door to the back room), i made a nice little profit and promptly spent it on more stuff... but my boxes were lighter by the end of the show and i didnt lose any money so the show was a win for me.

#5 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

Dragonstomper

• 865 posts

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:36 AM

Yeah, it was a nice little show. I only had time to stop by for a half hour or so, but I picked up 3 needed pieces to add to the old collection. (including a sweet Pac Man Fever album that the seller had apparently been trying to unload for a while LOL!)

#6 captmorgandrinker OFFLINE  

captmorgandrinker

Chopper Commander

• 119 posts

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011 2:54 PM

Yeah, it was a nice little show. I only had time to stop by for a half hour or so, but I picked up 3 needed pieces to add to the old collection. (including a sweet Pac Man Fever album that the seller had apparently been trying to unload for a while LOL!)

Yay! (I was the happy-to-be-rid-of-it seller.)

#7 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

Dragonstomper

• 865 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2011 10:08 AM

Yay! (I was the happy-to-be-rid-of-it seller.)

I thought you might be on here. Thanks! (from the happy-to-have-it-in-my-collection buyer)

#8 captmorgandrinker OFFLINE  

captmorgandrinker

Chopper Commander

• 119 posts

Posted Thu Aug 4, 2011 5:56 PM

While it is neat (did you see the cheat patterns on the album sleeve inside?), I had to be really careful everywhere I took it, and it was really awkward to display.

Glad you're enjoying it!

#9 VectorGamer ONLINE  

VectorGamer

Quadrunner

• 8,055 posts
  • \m/

Posted Thu Aug 4, 2011 6:37 PM

Any pix posted of this event?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users