IGNORED

High Score Club 9.15 - Escape From The Mindmaster

Ze_ro

HERE'S MY SCORE FOR PARTICIPATION POINT - 057[/font][/b][/i][/size][/color]

Wow, you picked one heck of a week to only play once. :)

With the challenge Ze_ro has made for this week there will be lots of people getting lots of big bonus points. As you are currently 3rd in the overall standings, everyone 4th place and below only needs to beat 57. The farther down they are then the bigger the bonus.

HERE'S MY SCORE FOR PARTICIPATION POINT - 057[/font][/b][/i][/size][/color]

Wow, you picked one heck of a week to only play once. :)

With the challenge Ze_ro has made for this week there will be lots of people getting lots of big bonus points. As you are currently 3rd in the overall standings, everyone 4th place and below only needs to beat 57. The farther down they are then the bigger the bonus.

Hmmm. I didn't know that this weeks game was that important. I guess I will have to force myself to play this thing again.

Ok awesome! Just making sure due to all the tweaks you can do on emulation software...supposedly

Would it be ok to play on an emulator? Cos I don't own the game nor the cassette deck :(

I sure ****ing hope so, as all my scores are off the emulator.

Ok awesome! Just making sure due to all the tweaks you can do on emulation software...supposedly

Would it be ok to play on an emulator? Cos I don't own the game nor the cassette deck :(

I sure ****ing hope so, as all my scores are off the emulator.

Yeah but really cheating at an atari game? who are you really cheating? It's like cheating at solitaire. You're really only cheating yourself. Anybody who would stoop to that level needs to take a long look in the mirror, and psychiatric consulting couldn't hurt.

Quick tips,

Mini-Games

1. The mini-games seem easier with sound turned down, or off. Don't turn sound too loud it's very distracting.

MindMaster

2. If you find a MindMaster walking twards you... always back up and head around another corner,

never go forward, and if you do, listen to the sound cue... the faster it goes the closer you are to making

a life losing collision, so get through a side door quickly.

Moving Glass Walls

3. With the sliding glass walls, always wait for the plate to clear the wall "completely", before running by...

even if it's two sliding walls, wait for the second one to clear. You won't make it if you try to run "early".

When walking, you take/fill up the entire wall left to right, but not front to back. Sometimes I would run as the second wall was moving, but it didn't work and I end up just clipping the very corner, and lost a life.

... Always stop yourself after making a move passed moving walls in levels 3 and up... you can turn around all you like, just don't keep moving/walking. It's easy to hit moving walls at this stage of the game. Better to be patient and careful.

Starting a new level

4. "Take your time" if you are starting a new level, get to know the different areas and where all the moving walls are. That way next time you play it will be easier! Don't try to rush and finish a new level, it doesn't work.

Making a map

5. Mapping is a smart idea, but for the later levels like 5 and up. The earlier levels it seems better to just play and explore untill you get the feeling/idea and layout down. You will save time on your next try at it, and improve on your score. The items or puzzle piece locations change with each different game, so no need to write down their locations.

question. I'm stuck on level 4 because I can't find the damn exit. :roll:

Level 4's exit (if I remember correct here) is the far right corridor, in the middle... and the opening

to the stairs is inbetween two moving glass walls. ALSO, you will get hit by the second

wall if you take any extra time in leaving, so wait for the walls, then move... turn and push up direction quickly and watch yourself get down.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7