IGNORED

A Jaguar game with Parallax scrolling

Now with the updated background tiles courtesy of Irgendwer :D

@popmilo - the tool's in Objective C, but I have a big library of stuff for designing chars, converting bitmaps etc in c# for windows, must actually finish the program that contains it at some point.

@jose - a nice glass of porto would definitely be well received at the moment!

@emkay - thanks, will pm you.

Cheers,

Simon

Edit: I can't type today.

downfall updated gfx.zip

post-12834-0-95943600-1309188706_thumb.png

Edited by simonl
  • Like 1

Now with the updated background tiles courtesy of Iregendwer

Simon

Another one that can't spell his Name correct ;)

Just went backwards: It's 'Irgendwer' :)

And :thumbsup: to Irgendwer it's exactly that.

Amazing!

Greets.

José Pereira.

(P.s.- Simonl there's other type of wines like 'Porto' here on Portugal.

Porto comes from River Douro some Kms. from the city of Oporto the city with a team that always wins and have some big eyes to catch Young coaches that they sell to Chelsea... sadly I am from Lisbon and my Team is Sporting.

We have a Mistic and also a strong Heart as we specialized in beeing many, many years without win anything, at least o football. But we are also the ones that have one of the best (if not the best...) Football young players of the world)

Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani are from Sporting schools.

returning to wine, Porto wine it's a type of wines we here call 'vinho generoso', kind f wine liquor/'dolce wines'.

More here of that type like Moscatel de Favaios (also from Douro river zone) and Moscatel de Setúbal/Palmela (Moscatel it's one grape fruit type, Italians use Moscatel to produce their Astis, in Asti zone).

But there's another one and this is probably second one next to porto, and very similar, it comes from Madeira Island on the atlantic Sea.

Try to find them and say what you think...)

Ah! Now I saw that you are from U.K.

Are you one of the English that usually come into Algarve on Summer?

If soo, say something... but you have to pass here in Lisbon. My ex-wife and family are from Algarve and she lives there.

I think the best it's not go there to meet you ;) because I like very much to be alive!... :D

:thumbsup:

José Pereira.

Edited by José Pereira

Another one that can't spell his Name correct ;)

Just went backwards: It's 'Irgendwer' :)

And :thumbsup: to Irgendwer it's exactly that.

Amazing!

Hey, I can spell it fine, I just can't type properly any more after entering all data ;)

The graphics look great don't they? Really improves the depth effect. :thumbsup: Did you leave the main program running a while? It cycles through different palette combinations if you let it run.

Cheers,

Simon

PS I went to Madeira and the Azores some years back and sampled the Portuguese wines extensively - very nice :D

Looks good, but would look better/more professional if the platforms had neat looking characters for the edges if a couple are spare.

Platform graphics are still in progress, I had to make them a bit more chunky for the time being as they looked slightly flickery otherwise. Hopefully we will fit in most of the different types from the original.

Cheers,

Simon

What happened to the 1st charmode line?

That's where the score etc. is going to be, so it's in hires text mode (haven't done the DLI to switch the charset and colors yet!)

Not a good idea imho. It's better to have the playfield as high as possible.

Watching the colour rotation.

post-2756-0-17289100-1309203183_thumb.png

This one makes the most sense . It really reminds of an icy tunnel.

We may be able to have different coloured sections within a level (corresponding to the changing platform types), I'll see when I've finished the DLI chain. As far as the score line goes, I can't see any way round it, as the players are all used and can go all the way to the top of the screen, and there's not enough chars left in the main playfield set to do the digits. Still, the scrolling region is 27 lines visible so I think it looks ok.

@heaven - see attached for "slowly scrolling" background - it moves at 0.5 lines per frame including the scroll. Is this what you meant? This may free up another char so the middle can be a 2x1 chars tile.

Cheers,

Simon

Edit: of course it helps if I actually attach the file

downfall encore une fois.xex.zip

Edited by simonl

LOL

Writing on my Notebook now. PC has gone forever ;) 5 Years of stable Win Vista and now the Mainboard is dead .

Have to install stuff 1st.

Simonl

I'd try to add another line for the score.

Isn't it possible to move the whole thing some lines below, to add a gr. 0 line above?

LOL

Writing on my Notebook now. PC has gone forever ;) 5 Years of stable Win Vista and now the Mainboard is dead .

Have to install stuff 1st.

Simonl

Isn't it possible to move the whole thing some lines below, to add a gr. 0 line above?

Maybe, I'll give it a bash once the engine's finished but last time I tried the display started rolling horribly on a real monitor.

Have fun with the new notebook :)

Cheers,

Simon

Maybe, I'll give it a bash once the engine's finished but last time I tried the display started rolling horribly on a real monitor.

OK.

Just one idea. To make more action on the screen.

Because we have all PM free yet, what about some funny scoreboard build on this? Just like vertically scrolling in the center in it's own speed .

It would enhance the look of depth and you could fill the screen ?

Have fun with the new notebook :)

Cheers,

Simon

Notebook isn't new ;) Lucky to have it.

Have to buy new Hardware and have to wait till Thursday.

Let's name it an unwanted Upgrade of my main PC ;)

OK.

Just one idea. To make more action on the screen.

Because we have all PM free yet, what about some funny scoreboard build on this? Just like vertically scrolling in the center in it's own speed .

It would enhance the look of depth and you could fill the screen ?

But hopefully all the PMGs are about to be used - two players + two missiles for player (and active power-up if there is one), two players + two missiles for fruit, uncollected power-ups etc. It's a shame because it would look good, but I want all available colours and resolution for the foreground objects with no possibility of flickering when you get near the top of the screen. For a horizontal scroller with the same sort of graphics that would be ideal though.

Cheers,

Simon