IGNORED

Interest Check: Nintendo Wii system with 66 VC/WiiWare games

Austin

I have a Nintendo Wii loaded with 66 official Virtual Console and WiiWare games I have purchased over the years. Recently I have contemplated selling it, but as most of you know, downloadable games for the Wii are tied to the system and are non-transferrable. I'm curious to see if I can recoup a portion of my investment over the years and pass it on to someone else who may be interested, someone that perhaps enjoys the idea of these games, but doesn't want to hack their system. I doubt anyone will be curious, be regardless I'd like to put this out there to gauge interest if there is any. Or even feel free to make an offer.

My system itself is in decent condition. It has a couple of knicks here and there from a couple of years of use, but nothing serious. It has one WiiMote with the WiiMotion Plus, one Nunchuck, and one Classic Controller. Includes everything else that came packed with it, including the sensor, A/V cables and AC adaptor, box, and instructions set. The box and instructions actually do not match the serial of the system.* I will also include a third-party set of battery packs as well as a charger for them. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort also included. I can also include a third-party Game Cube controller.

I can include the following Wii titles as well, all complete: Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection, The Ultimate Shooting Collection (Chaos Field, Radirgy and Karous, vertical shmups), the Data East collection (Burgertime, Joe & Mac, Two Crude Dudes, Magical Drop 3, etc), Heavenly Guardian, and the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition collection. Metroid Prime and Extreme-G III for the Game Cube will be tossed in as well.

Getting to the downloadable stuff, I have a SD card in the system with the following purchased WiiWare and Virtual Console titles on it:

WiiWARE:

Castlevania Adventure ReBirth, Gradius ReBirth, Contra ReBirth, Bit-Trip: Beat, Bit-Trip: Core, Mega Man 9

VIRTUAL CONSOLE:

NES:

The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and 3, Super Mario Bros 2 (Japan), Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania III, Mega Man 1, 2, 3 and 4, Ninja Gaiden 1, 2 and 3, Final Fantasy, Zelda II: Adventures of Link, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Punch-Out!!, Milon's Secret Castle, Super C, StarTropics, Double Dragon, Life Force, Operation Wolf, River City Ranson, Metroid

SNES:

Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Super R-Type, R-Type III, Secret of Mana, Axelay, Final Fantasy II, Donkey Kong Country

TURBO GRAFX/CD/DUO:

Dungeon Explorer, Alien Crush, Gradius II Gofer (CD), Dracula X: Rhondo of Blood (CD), Gate of Thunder (CD), Lords of Thunder (CD), Neutopia, New Adventure Island, Bomberman '93, Soldier Blade, Splatterhouse, Blazing Lazers, Devil's Crush

MASTER SYSTEM:

Wonder Boy, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic Chaos, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars, Wonder Boy III, Fantasy Zone 1 & 2, R-Type

ARCADE:

Ninja Gaiden

Again, any interest or offers, feel free to PM me or write a comment here. Just gauging interest for the most part, but if something tempting comes my way I will certainly look to part with it to those within the US.

*Regarding the mismatched box and system, this is because I swapped out a new Wii I bought in December with my Mom's. In the last few years, I purchased VC content while visiting her house. I eventually racked up enough to where it became more of an investment, so when I purchased a system for myself, with her permission I swapped the new unit out with hers. She would have a new Wii, and I would have all of my downloaded games.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't you download the titles to an SD card? I was pretty sure you can, but after you do you can't re-download them from the store. Nintendo allowed this to help with the full hard drive problem. You should be able to transfer the games to an SD card and sell them seperately (not sure about this though, can anyone confirm?)

Can't you download the titles to an SD card? I was pretty sure you can, but after you do you can't re-download them from the store. Nintendo allowed this to help with the full hard drive problem. You should be able to transfer the games to an SD card and sell them seperately (not sure about this though, can anyone confirm?)

No. They can be loaded to an SD card- but will only play on the original console that they were downloaded on.

Sweet collection I am interested to see if he is able to recoup his investment. I am in the same boat with my Wii as I have close to 30 legitamate downloaded WiiWare games on my console.

So far no luck.. I'm not desperate to get rid of it (I was actually playing it the other night), but I will probably budge if there's a nifty offer.. I wouldn't mind putting the investment towards something else gaming related, something a little less common.. Since I've been collecting physical stuff again, the VC isn't as important to me as it used to be, and I can always snag another Wii down the road. By the way, if anyone would like pictures (or even some video in action of the titles), let me know and I can do so. :)

Oh, I forgot to add to the list. I saw a review of Dungeon Explorer the other day which got me to purchase it, alongside Alien Crush, bringing the total up to 66 VC/WiiWare titles. :thumbsup:

A really nice collection of games you are including!!

Speaking for myself, I'd be interested just for the SD card games but since I have two Wii's already, any offer I made would be based on just the "value" of the games to me, not on the system itself.

But I'm sure there are people out there who might need/want a 2nd system and the games you've collected would be a big attraction for them to purchase yours at a reasonable offer.

Mendon

I hate to say it.

But downloaded games are worthless. This is why i almost refuse to download games now(except for a few here and there).

You end up with no tangible item. I dread the day when there is no more hard copies in the store.

I wish you well on trying to sell this though! icon_smile.gif

• Like 2

Doesn't Nintendo require you to delete them before selling?

lol Who cares what Nintendo "requires?" your not really that brainwashed by these big companies are you?

But if thats the case, and they're legally non transferable, why not just hack a wii yourself and save the money with pirate games?

One can't be more not allowed than the other.

I hate to say it.

But downloaded games are worthless. This is why i almost refuse to download games now(except for a few here and there).

You end up with no tangible item. I dread the day when there is no more hard copies in the store.

I wish you well on trying to sell this though! icon_smile.gif

I have to disagree. I have a Wii and have downloaded a few games on them. The emulation is nothing like I've ever seen on any emulator. I can only speak for the Snes, NES, and Turbo Grafx games. They are definitely worth something if you want to experience what I would call perfect emulation.

Doesn't Nintendo require you to delete them before selling?

lol Who cares what Nintendo "requires?" your not really that brainwashed by these big companies are you?

But if thats the case, and they're legally non transferable, why not just hack a wii yourself and save the money with pirate games?

One can't be more not allowed than the other.

Hey not a bad idea! ;)

• 3 weeks later...