IGNORED

Was there any game in your childhood that sorta creeped you out?

Tr3vor

on Zelda: Link to the Past (my first videogame), the beginning of the game is bright and sorta cheery, but the first time I got to the dark world (I was around 6), it sorta creeped me out. now its dark, and there was one eyed giants, pig people throwing tridents, and big hopping mouths that almost kill you in one hit. And at the time, I didn't have that moon sphere or whatever, and I was stuck as a rabbit in a somewhat scary world.

Have you had any video games in your childhood ever creep you out?

When I was young Jason used to scare me in Friday the 13th. When I was really young, I used to jump a bit at RANDOM BATTLES in FF1. Then again, we didn't know that you could press start to equip items either so random battles really were deadly!

Fatal Frame still makes me curl up into a fetal ball

The absolute first time playing Resident Evil kept me jumpy in a lot of the surprise attacks. Like the zombified dogs that crash through the windows in that relatively silent hallway. Keeping the surround system blasted didn't help. Going along all calm, and quiet.... Then BLAM! something comes out of nowhere! At least you heard some of the zombies moaning before you come across them.

there are two intellivision games that also scared me when I was little.

Star Strike, where the earth blows up with the missile.

Space battle, when the groups of enemies got close to your center ship it starts making those warning sounds, and then all the sudden TKTKTKTKTKTK. That freaked the hell out of me.

Forbidden Forrest for the C64....the sound effects and music were really creepy back then. I played it again recently for the first time since childhood and I can't figure for the life of me out why it ever bothered me!

The robbers in Maze Craze. They didn't so much scare me as give me a sense of urgency: find the exit now before the dreaded *boom-splat*! which is a lot more intense than when they stun you with the *woo-a-woo*.

• Like 1

I don't know if it really creaped me out, but the ghost from Spelunker bothered me. It had it's own little theme and ignored wall boundries while steadily moving toward me. Really what bothered me was the 'precision' that the game involved with everything else, and that I pretty much had to stop whatever I was doing and deal with 'just one more thing.'

Venture always freaked me out, when you stayed in a room too long and the Hallmonster came after you. For some unknown reason, Ladybug freaked me out too. Maybe that's because I hate bugs.

The first game to really SCARE me was Alone in the Dark for the PC. Such an awesome game, but so creepy!

The first game I can ever remember giving me a start was Raiders of the Lost Ark on the 2600. Specifically, it was the room with the spider who would rush out to kill you if it hit you with its web. It left a lasting impression, as I haven't played that game since.

The only games that existed when I was a young kid were board games. I don't remember Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders giving me nightmares.

When I was a kid, games were not invented yet... so I had a rock and a stick... the rock kinda freaked me out a bit. :ponder:

Roommates at the local retirement home.

The beast on the ceiling (Ceiling Master, I think) in Ocarina of Time really creeped me out. So did the undead. Doom 3 was also very tense and chilling. Interestingly, I was never scared by Resident Evil. In fact, OOT's undead are the only zombies to ever thrill me.

The only games that existed when I was a young kid were board games. I don't remember Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders giving me nightmares.

When I was a kid, games were not invented yet... so I had a rock and a stick... the rock kinda freaked me out a bit. :ponder:

Roommates at the local retirement home.

Hey! If I could get out of my rocking chair without breaking my hip... I'd thump you for that crack! :D

• Like 1