IGNORED

Final Atari 7800 Expansion Module Box Revealed!

Dr Manhattan

Hours gone by and no one else commented on this? Wow! @.@

Well, I'm just now seeing it, and all I can say is... AWWWESOME! Both the unit and the box look great!!! Excellent work, Curt!

I was just about to PM you about the box after you mentioned its' reveal in the other thread! I wanted in on the scoop! :D Seems I just had to look around a bit. ;)

Looks like Not Gauntlet, PacManPlus' Fabulous Pinball/Breakout hybrid game..is it still Pinbot? and Groovey's also -as -yet unnamed Halloween-themed-game made the cover. Whew! ;)

Can't quite read the text as the box features just a small bit of the frame...

Let me fix that for you :-

Looks like Not Gauntlet Dungeon!, PacManPlus' Fabulous Pinball/Breakout hybrid game..is it still Pinbot? and Groovey's also -as -yet unnamed Halloween-themed-game made the cover. Whew! ;)

;)

Fixed Again:

Looks like Not Gauntlet Dungeon!, PacManPlus' Fabulous Pinball/Breakout hybrid game..is it still Pinbot Propane13's Arkanoid, and Groovey's also -as -yet unnamed Halloween-themed-game made the cover. Whew! ;)

Seriously? I love Bob's work, but the slipcover art was selected as placemarker art months ago, from the small handfull of games that had actively been announced and doesn't reflect recent months work. It's been sitting waiting for the rest of the project to come together. Curt is already thousands in the hole and not likely to spend a couple thosand more just to have them reprinted...

• Like 1

Seriously? I love Bob's work, but the slipcover art was selected as placemarker art months ago, from the small handfull of games that had actively been announced and doesn't reflect recent months work. It's been sitting waiting for the rest of the project to come together. Curt is already thousands in the hole and not likely to spend a couple thosand more just to have them reprinted...

Seriously? Super Circus Atari Age was announced for the XM *October 2010* - Nine Months Ago - and has been completed since *November 2010*. None of the other games are even completed as of yet. No offense to GroovyBee or Propane13 - GB is a much better programmer for this system than I'll ever be, and Propane13's Arkanoid is on it's way to being a great release. But after trying to put off anyone wanting a Stand-Alone release to have a COMPLETED game for the launch of the XM, I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered. Would it have hurt sales so much to have one GB screenshot, one Propane13 shot and one of my shots?

Anyway, what's done is done and it really doesn't matter.

• Like 10

Seriously? Super Circus Atari Age was announced for the XM *October 2010* - Nine Months Ago - and has been completed since *November 2010*. None of the other games are even completed as of yet. No offense to GroovyBee or Propane13 - GB is a much better programmer for this system than I'll ever be, and Propane13's Arkanoid is on it's way to being a great release. But after trying to put off anyone wanting a Stand-Alone release to have a COMPLETED game for the launch of the XM, I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered. Would it have hurt sales so much to have one GB screenshot, one Propane13 shot and one of my shots?

So in a way, it's kind of like the original Atari 7800 box, with screenshots of SkyFox and Rescue On Fractalus. Oh, wait.....

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that your body of work will gross more than the XM units themselves anyway. ;-) You make the best games, Bob.

• Like 1

Ahhh! I had known about the planned POKEY-enhanced version of Pac Man Collection, but I hadn't realized Circus was planned as an enhanced game, back then. :)

Edited by AtariNerd

Sorry to hear that Bob. Definitely appreciate your efforts and love your games. I doubt it was intentional ... probably an oversite amidst the 12,000 details of trying to give birth to an ambitious homebrew project like this.

In the old days, when a box had to sell your product an accessories, this would probably hurt a lot more than it does today. Maybe Curt can include if he does a second run later?