Photo

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

1340 replies to this topic

#1276 Firedawg OFFLINE  

Firedawg

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 PM

I'm amazed that this is still going on. Very bad form for Zaxon to screw people who showed good faith and paid up for their SIDEs. Very, very sad! Shame on you Piotr! I think this thread is no longer the place to demand what is yours, so maybe a new topic like "Zaxon (Piotr) Give Us Our Money Back Or Our SIDE!". And keep bumping the thread until he does one or the other.

Mike

#1277 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• 1,341 posts

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 PM

That might work if he visited this site regularly, he last signed in on Aug 4 2012 @ 2:01 PM...

It wouldn't hurt to put a bug in his ear on the other site he visits...

#1278 fandenivoldsk OFFLINE  

fandenivoldsk

Star Raider

• 78 posts

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 AM

Maybe he visit this site without logging in. As anonymous...

#1279 candle OFFLINE  

candle

River Patroller

• 2,756 posts

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 AM

what for?
better to sell speccy stuff

#1280 Chris Union NJ OFFLINE  

Chris Union NJ

Star Raider

• 93 posts

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 PM

The best way to hit Zaxon is to go at him were ever he sells stuff
see if he's as bad with them..

#1281 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,127 posts

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 PM

More of the same: http://www.amibay.co...mber.php?u=3058

Edit: You need to log-on to Amibay to see the linked page. He hasn't been online there since March 23rd.

Edited by atari8warez, Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:07 PM.

#1282 Chris Union NJ OFFLINE  

Chris Union NJ

Star Raider

• 93 posts

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:22 AM

More of the same: http://www.amibay.co...mber.php?u=3058

Edit: You need to log-on to Amibay to see the linked page. He hasn't been online there since March 23rd.

Yep he's frozen we got right on him when we had problems with him..

coffee.gif

#1283 Fres OFFLINE  

Fres

Dragonstomper

• 659 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2012 4:54 PM

So this cartridge is pretty rare, right?

#1284 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2012 5:03 PM

Well, I'm very sorry to see that other people still haven't received their SIDEs.

Perhaps there is still hope that zaxon will come out of hiding and make a few more. After the great delay, he was making such a good effort there in the end, and actually delivering the goods at a good pace. What could have happened? Another issue is that It's too-bad, as there's not many people with the *combination* of the talent *and* willingness to make devices like SIDE and Ultrasatan. As of now, I know of nowhere/nobody to purchase these 2 devices from.

I have never even tried my SIDE. I remember reading about "issues" with some CF cards, etc. Can somebody provide a link to a non-fake, reliable place to get one that is KNOWN to work? I'm kind of afraid of fakes when it comes to flash memory, nowdays. I'm thinking if you buy from Amazon.com themselves and NOT the Amazon marketplace, there's a much better chance you'll get something that's genuine. I'm assuming 2GB is the max, or what people are using, eh? Thanks.

#1285 candle OFFLINE  

candle

River Patroller

• 2,756 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2012 5:07 PM

i'm using 8gb sandisk extreme (and it wasn't cheap) i bought in a shop for proffesional photographers (yup, they still handle this kind of cards there)
previously i've used 4gb kingston, which was pretty decent, and cheap, but unfortunatly died young too

#1286 Frankie OFFLINE  

Frankie

Moonsweeper

• 310 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2012 6:03 PM

I'm using a 4GB Transcend. (133x)

#1287 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012 1:45 AM

Thanks, guys. I don't see many for sale in this hick town.

#1288 Jacques OFFLINE  

Jacques

Chopper Commander

• 244 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012 6:22 AM

Sandisk 4GB ultra II. Working fine ;)

#1289 Fletch OFFLINE  

Fletch

Dragonstomper

• 552 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012 5:42 PM

I have never even tried my SIDE. I remember reading about "issues" with some CF cards, etc. Can somebody provide a link to a non-fake, reliable place to get one that is KNOWN to work? I'm kind of afraid of fakes when it comes to flash memory, nowdays. I'm thinking if you buy from Amazon.com themselves and NOT the Amazon marketplace, there's a much better chance you'll get something that's genuine. I'm assuming 2GB is the max, or what people are using, eh? Thanks.

Kind of odd, I haven't tried mine either. I think the whole process annoyed me so much that I chucked the SIDE in my cart bin and haven't really thought about it. I guess I need to find a suitable CF as well.

#1290 candle OFFLINE  

candle

River Patroller

• 2,756 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012 11:33 PM

heh, and i've been wondering why side loader (aka fat32 loader) hasn't took as much intrest as i've anticipaded
shame

#1291 rdemming OFFLINE  

rdemming

Dragonstomper

• 941 posts

Posted Tue Sep 4, 2012 12:53 AM

heh, and i've been wondering why side loader (aka fat32 loader) hasn't took as much intrest as i've anticipaded

You probably don't hear much about it because it works so good :P

I like the FAT loader very much. Very fast and long file names. And very easy to fill a CF-card .xex with files compared with a disk image/picoDOS solution.
Unfortunately some .xex files I tried don't like the FAT loader while they load via SIO2SD/picoDOS. But there is probably not much you can do about it.

Robert

#1292 COBRAIP OFFLINE  

COBRAIP

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 AM

Has anyone heard from Zazon? Has he fell off the end of the earth in the UK or what? I still don't have my SIDE and he promised to send all in a week and that was months ago...... I'm
very very dissatisfied with the way he has treated us all. No answers to PM's, Not showing his face on this site, and making us feel like he is being punished for all the good he has done.
Fooey.......

I'll see it when I get my SIDE......

#1293 Sleepy OFFLINE  

Sleepy

Chopper Commander

• 110 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:13 AM

Unfortunately, I´m also still waiting for two units...
Same problem - no answer to my emails. :-/

Hello zaxon, PLEASE GIVE A SHOUT!

Sleeπ

#1294 NGFrankW OFFLINE  

NGFrankW

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 PM

No answer, no SIDE, no money.

I have checked Piotr Bugaj's profile several times after my posting in July and know he was at least seven times online.
He's just ignoring all inquiries :(

Same problem with the ultrasatan orders: http://atari-forum.c...=23399&start=50

Frank

#1295 fandenivoldsk OFFLINE  

fandenivoldsk

Star Raider

• 78 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 PM

*bump*

#1296 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,127 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:10 PM

I guess you would need more than a * bump * to this thread to resolve this issue... he's not around to read it....

#1297 kogden OFFLINE  

kogden

Moonsweeper

• 250 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 PM

Once months pass and it's pretty clear he has no intention of providing you with money or product, you might as well call it theft. Almost sounds like a job for the cops. Rolling over and letting people screw you isn't the answer. Escalate.

Right now, he doesn't *HAVE* to respond and likely never will. He can ignore you because he's pretty sure you can't or won't do squat.

#1298 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 PM

Well, it still begs the question: Why - after it looked like nobody was going to get anything - did he fill many orders later. That begs the question: Why did he stop? I think these are the facts that need to be analyzed.

#1299 MEtalGuy66 OFFLINE  

MEtalGuy66

River Patroller

• 2,572 posts
  • If it aint broke, fix it anyway!

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 PM

He went on another crack binge..

#1300 atari8warez OFFLINE  

atari8warez

River Patroller

• 2,127 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 PM

Well, it still begs the question: Why - after it looked like nobody was going to get anything - did he fill many orders later. That begs the question: Why did he stop? I think these are the facts that need to be analyzed.

If he chooses to ignore people who are still waiting for their devices (and that's what he is doing - remember, replying to emails doesn't cost money), there isn't much to analyze.. He may of course be very ill and unable to reply but what are the chances of that?.

Edited by atari8warez, Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users