IGNORED

How do you make drivers work with Windows Vista?

Random Terrain

I bet the reason the interference got worse when wrapping the cord around it three times was because it was blocking the signal. In other words, you weren't getting more outside interference but less signal.

I didn't really wrap the cable around anything. I looped it kind of like you do to a long electrical cord when you wrap it around your hand and your elbow, except the loops are about 4 or 5 inches long. I looped it so 3 bits of cable were clamped inside of the Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Core.

Does anyone reading this know of the best place to go locally where you can buy a clamp-on ferrite bead? Radio Shack? Best Buy?

Thanks.

I have pulled them from dead (or living) electronics, such as VCRs. A lot of the time they are slipped on before assembly and are one piece, but some are the two-piece type you would need.

I bet the reason the interference got worse when wrapping the cord around it three times was because it was blocking the signal. In other words, you weren't getting more outside interference but less signal.

I didn't really wrap the cable around anything. I looped it kind of like you do to a long electrical cord when you wrap it around your hand and your elbow, except the loops are about 4 or 5 inches long. I looped it so 3 bits of cable were clamped inside of the Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Core.

That's what I meant by wrapping the cord around. Every time you loop it you are blocking more and more.

Looking into this more, it's possible that the cable shield on this particular USB port on your computer isn't properly grounded, which is common on the front of a PC, even a name-brand one. I recommend plugging the cable into one of the USB ports on the back, which should be grounded since these ports are soldered right to the motherboard.

Looking into this more, it's possible that the cable shield on this particular USB port on your computer isn't properly grounded, which is common on the front of a PC, even a name-brand one. I recommend plugging the cable into one of the USB ports on the back, which should be grounded since these ports are soldered right to the motherboard.

Thanks. I tried it on the back the first time and had the same problem. Since it kind of got lost on the last page, here's the latest:

So now I have the folded USB cable (using a twist tie), a Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Core on the cable right behind the TV, and the other Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Core on the short RCA cable I have coming out of the Atari 2600, just before it reaches the Coaxial (F-type) to Female RCA Adapter. Most of the interference pattern is gone or so faded that you can barely see it.

So this setup is working pretty good for now. I'll look for a super-deluxe ultra-shielded USB cable at the end of July when my Google money comes. I know for sure that Radio Shack doesn't sell them. What a disappointment that place has become.