IGNORED

Mega Man Powered Up

Hi there!

I'm interested in buying this game later this year, so now I'm wondering if the games Online still works? Can you still download Roll and her costumes for example and is there still some sort of custom level making community available/active?

Greetings,

Manuel

Yes, you can still download her costumes (if not, there are saves on GameFAQs that already have it unlocked). Plus there are still new levels being released online at Capcom's MegaNet servers last I played.

Thanks for confirming! Just in case, does downloading GameFAQs saves require any hacks or extra tools/hardware?

Man, I wish Capcom would find it in their hearts & wallets to release a follow-up.

I found it interesting that in several reviews the authors were asking for "Mega Man Powered Up 2". I think they didn't get it though, what they actually want is "Mega Man 2 Powered Up", no? :lolblue:

• 2 months later...

So, after getting a PSP already last week, yesterday Mega Man Powered Up arrived as well!

The first thing I did was downloading Roll and all her costumes. The Halloween one is my favorite! :)

I had a brief look at the "Old Style", but quickly decided that I don't want to play that again. Instead I played completely through the "New Style" once (on easy difficulty, mind you ;)), unlocking all bosses as playable characters.

I actually tried "normal" first, but then I discovered that one still needs to beat it on easy anyway, so doing the levels on easy first makes more sense to me.

With Roll I'm also halfway through the easy levels now and I already cleared the first 5 challenge rooms.

It's been fun so far, albeit I can't tell if I will manage to force myself through beating this game 36 times in a row, which is required for 100% :o ;)

Been thinking about picking this one up along with Maverick Hunter X. I dunno guys, I've had my hands on a PSP for about a month and so far I've been going after pretty much nothing but remakes: Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Mega Man Powered Up, and Maverick Hunter X. I'd also like to get my hands on the Star Ocean Remakes...

I can definitely say Roll is quite powerful (is it any reason why most of the other Robot Masters are terrified of her?)

They definitely fear her broom :lol:

Still, I'm currently stuck with her at the Wiley-3 boss-a-thon. You kinda have to come too close to the other robots to hit them with the broom, so I usually require almost her full energy to beat just one of them :ponder:

Yeah, if you think that's hard.. try using plain old Mega on Hard mode.. Fighting the rematch bosses (or even the first time around) and bosses like CWU-01P with no attack other than a Boot to Da Head.

Sounds like a job for japanese/korean players ;)

I almost made it after an hour yesterday, once even with only one boss left. Then I suddenly figured out an exploit, that works on 'easy' at least: If you don't pick up the 'continue' ball near the bosses, you can collect a new extra life with every try :lol:

I was surprised to see that the servers are still up, I used to upload levels like crazy.

Been thinking about picking this one up along with Maverick Hunter X.

Maverick Hunter X is amazing, If you're a fan of the original SNES release it's a must play.

Yeah, if you think that's hard.. try using plain old Mega on Hard mode.. Fighting the rematch bosses (or even the first time around) and bosses like CWU-01P with no attack other than a Boot to Da Head.

Is Mega actually the 12th character with level count?

Right now I have Mega Man, Roll and the 8 bosses, which make 10. I know Protoman will get unlocked through beating the Challenge Mode, but to sum up to 468 levels, there need to be 12 playable characters with level count. (12*3*13=468)

Oh my... Mega can impossibly be harder to play than Oilman, no? :twisted:

So far I somehow managed to beat Cutman and Iceman with him, but he seems to be the most helpless character of the cast so far - even Gutsman is more effective and more fun to play :ponder:

Quite the opposite of Fireman. That guy's unstoppable in this game, by far my favorite playable character :D

Iunno, man, CWU-01P was pretty tough to battle as FireMan. Since you can't shoot the actual Fire Storm while underwater. FULL reliance on the barrier.. ugh..

Hm... I found that particular one rather easy on easy ;)

But it just took almost two hours to beat CWU-01P on hard, even when using Mega Man himself! In the end I did beat it by alternating powers between Gutsman and (surprise, surprise) Oilman, no less!! :o

Only two levels away from unlocking Mega :grin:

Phew... another milestone down, I have Mega unlocked now. I played through easy with him already and it's been quite similar to doing that with Roll. His range is slightly less, but other than that it felt more or less the same.

I've completed 42,7% of the game now, exactly 200/468 regular levels :)

I think I should try beating the 100 challenge levels next, in order to unlock Protoman as well. So far I've only succeeded in 11 of them and some I already tried felt *very* hard.