Photo

Mega Man Powered Up

57 replies to this topic

#26 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

Stargunner

• 1,976 posts

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 AM

I can definitely say Protoman/Blues makes the game a bit easy. If only due to his shield blocking smaller projectiles and his buster (PROTO-STRIKE!!) causing so much damage even enemies with shielding can't guard against it.

#27 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 AM

I can definitely say Protoman/Blues makes the game a bit easy. If only due to his shield blocking smaller projectiles and his buster (PROTO-STRIKE!!) causing so much damage even enemies with shielding can't guard against it.

I fear I won't make it though, as the final challenge room requires beating 12 bosses in a row - on hard :o :o :o

#28 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:22 PM

Some progress report: I did beat the two "old style" boss runs and the two "easy" ones already, as well as a couple of other challenge rooms, so with 33/100 the first third is done now :)

#29 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

Stargunner

• 1,976 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:09 PM

Excellent! For some reason, Elecman always makes me think of Stewie from "Family Guy"..

#30 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:16 AM

I'm still busy with the challenge rooms where I now have completed the "normal" three boss runs as well, so there's only the three "hard" ones remaining. I also managed to complete a few more of the other challenge rooms (several of which were also quite hard! :o), so overall I'm at 55/100 currently :)

#31 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

Stargunner

• 1,976 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:28 PM

There's a YouTube user by the name of RoahmMythril that has done a buster-only perfect run of the main robot master levels, and the challenges for all playable characters in the game. Definitely worth a look to get an idea of how hard some of the challenges are.

#32 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 AM

There's a YouTube user by the name of RoahmMythril that has done a buster-only perfect run of the main robot master levels, and the challenges for all playable characters in the game. Definitely worth a look to get an idea of how hard some of the challenges are.

That guys insane! I've already seen 2-3 of his videos and learned tons from them! :)

#33 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:16 AM

That kid is also quite awesome:

#34 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sat Nov 5, 2011 8:34 AM

I fear I won't make it though, as the final challenge room requires beating 12 bosses in a row - on hard :o :o :o

Well, it took almost a whole month, but as unbelievable as it feels, I just managed to complete that ultimate boss-run! :D

Only 41 challenges away now from unlocking Protoman! ;)

#35 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

Stargunner

• 1,976 posts

Posted Sat Nov 5, 2011 10:10 AM

Just remember, for many of Time Man's you NEED to make use of his ability (apparently Roahm has shown it does have an affect on the timer.

#36 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sat Nov 5, 2011 10:28 AM

Just remember, for many of Time Man's you NEED to make use of his ability (apparently Roahm has shown it does have an affect on the timer.

It seems most of his challenges are timed, so I will have to use time slow a lot, yes! :)

So far I have completed Mega Mans and Cutmans challenges, as well as all the boss runs and the first two challenges of every robot master. And I did some of the faster challenges like "Kill ## somethings" and "Survive ## seconds".

From the non-boss-run challenges I found Mega Mans "25 party balls" and Cutmans "Pendulum" challenge the hardest ones so far.

EDIT: All Gutsman challenges finished as well! :D
EDIT²: And now the Iceman challenges!

#37 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

Stargunner

• 1,976 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2011 5:29 PM

If you start getting really frustrated, just remember what BombMan says: "Don't cry, now!"

#38 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Tue Nov 8, 2011 2:25 AM

If you start getting really frustrated, just remember what BombMan says: "Don't cry, now!"

Hehe, I'm currently hearing that from him all the time - his challenges are amongst the hardest. The fifth, with the blue/red toggle platforms, is right up there with Cutmans pendulums!

#39 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:22 PM

Apparently Capcom didn't bother to playtest some of Elecmans challenges. I was getting dangerously close to throwing my PSP at a wall today...

#40 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 AM

I DID IT!!!

At 9:46 CET I unlocked Protoman! :D :D :D

mmpu.JPG

#41 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:05 AM

Ah yes, still playing this! I have finished all 39 Protoman levels now, so after Mega Man this is the second character I'm done with. He's been great fun to play, I especially liked his ability to jump higher than the other characters, which allows for many cool shortcuts.

I've now completed 57,2% of the game, i.e. only 200 more levels to go! ;)

#42 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 9,078 posts

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:32 PM

I've been playing this game again myself. I'm having trouble defeating Wily on normal mode though. His second form always gets me, particularly that part where his claws/arms come out. I seem to die in one hit there. Any tips on how to defeat this form?

#43 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 PM

I've been playing this game again myself. I'm having trouble defeating Wily on normal mode though. His second form always gets me, particularly that part where his claws/arms come out. I seem to die in one hit there. Any tips on how to defeat this form?

Ah... that's a pretty evil move he has here! You can only try to interrupt it by attacking with the correct weapon.

For that you need to check the color on the top of Wily Machine, which represents the bosses. Assume it is e.g. light blue for Iceman, you need to hit him with a bomb and so on.

Of course, when he's in Gutsman or Cutman mode at the time you're lost, since you can't summon guts blocks or attack with time slow.

If you play with Mega Man C, you can try to slide back and forth underneath the attack, but in 95% of tries I get hit on the way back.

#44 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 9,078 posts

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:24 AM

Wow, it seems the boss fight is deeper than I thought. I will give it another go--I understood that Wily switched boss weapons, but I didn't know that he is weak based on what weapon he's using! :)

#45 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:20 AM

Wow, it seems the boss fight is deeper than I thought. I will give it another go--I understood that Wily switched boss weapons, but I didn't know that he is weak based on what weapon he's using! :)

Yes, e.g. when he starts carpet bombing you with oil you can quickly stop that with Firemans attack. Same goes for Hyper Bombs, which can be stopped with a rolling cutter.

#46 akator OFFLINE  

akator

River Patroller

• 2,382 posts

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 PM

I'm impressed with how far everyone has gotten in MMPU... I love the game, but don't have the dedication to have gone further than 11%. Every year I pick it up again and get a little farther, but nothing near what has been accomplished in this thread ;)

#47 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Thu Dec 1, 2011 2:13 PM

I'm impressed with how far everyone has gotten in MMPU... I love the game, but don't have the dedication to have gone further than 11%. Every year I pick it up again and get a little farther, but nothing near what has been accomplished in this thread ;)

I've completed 62% now. Some of the remaining levels are quite hard, e.g. beating Icemans level with Mega on hard took several hours until I managed to finish it :o :o :o

Right now I'm trying to beat all levels with Mega on normal. Six robot masters already fell, so I'm halfway there, at least when disregarding that I've to beat them all once again before facing Wily... ;)

#48 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Sat Dec 3, 2011 1:14 PM

Whoa! I really managed to beat all stages with Mega on normal! :o

I needed 50 minutes to make it through the Copybot stage, approx. half an hour of that was spent on Iceman alone. This'll gonna be an interesting stage on hard I bet :twisted:

#49 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 9,078 posts

Posted Sun Dec 4, 2011 3:50 PM

Yes, e.g. when he starts carpet bombing you with oil you can quickly stop that with Firemans attack. Same goes for Hyper Bombs, which can be stopped with a rolling cutter.

I just wanted to say that this tactic worked great, and I was able to beat Wily on my first try. I think that is going to be it for me though, I don't think I will be able to go through all of the challenge stages and finish the game a dozen more times (if not more). With that, I have to tip my hat to you guys. I don't think I will be able to have the same kind of perseverance. :)

#50 Cybergoth OFFLINE  

Cybergoth

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,641 posts
  • This is Sparta!

Posted Tue Dec 6, 2011 2:51 AM

I'm on my way to the toughest missions MMPU has to offer: Beating Fireman with Oilman on normal and hard. Wish me luck! :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users