IGNORED

Atlantis 2

Skarrj

So a seller in my area claims to have an Atlantis 2 cart. From what I remember this was used in a contest or something. Every screenshot or cart pic I can find looks exactly like the original Imagic atlantis cart.

How would one know if this was a true A2 cart? I think we can assume this guy is FOS, but who knows.

So a seller in my area claims to have an Atlantis 2 cart. From what I remember this was used in a contest or something. Every screenshot or cart pic I can find looks exactly like the original Imagic atlantis cart.

How would one know if this was a true A2 cart? I think we can assume this guy is FOS, but who knows.

http://www.atariage.com/features/atlantis2.html

Ask him to show you screenshots and compare the score font.

What about the carts without picture label (silver with text)?

Is there any way to identify Atlantis 2 or is the score font the only way to check?

Atlantis 2 has the "NIGHT SCENE" label. But the only way to get 100% sure is the

score.

It supposedly weighs less also. No response from the seller, I doubt he respond after the question I asked about it.

• 1 year later...

There is a rarity guide section of this forum that list most of the known copies of the most rare games .

You can find it here :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/15-rarity-guide/

Here is the thread for Atlantis II

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/96918-i-am-updating-the-atlantis-ii-registry/

Here is the latest list For Atlantis II ( I'm #16)

Update. ( greyphantom pending to be added )

Yet, another person to add to the list!

1.Marco:Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got his from 5th Ghost, who got this from from the original contestant)*

2.Trusty1: Cart (Got his from allhollowseve2000 who got his from Decypher who got his from Dino who go his from Bloated monkey. Bloated Monkey got his 2 carts he had from Ebay)

3.Wonder 007: Cart, Box, and Original contest docs, ( probably was BuyAtari's, BuyAtari got his from Kenny Brooks off Ebay in 2000, and Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998, Docs were 5th Ghosts, the Box was what Wonder007 got off Ebay) .

4.Meanguns:Cart, Original contest docs (Was original contestant)

5.Gospeedde: Cart, (Got from Ed Siegler who got his from his brother Joe who was an original contestant)

6. Anonymous: Cart, Box Sticker (Got from Crunchysuperman who got theirs from myself, Who got his from Video Game Addict who got his off Ebay)

7. Wonder : Cart, Original contest docs, and standee (got from myself, got from original owner off ebay)

8. Rick Weis: Cart, Box, ( Not to sure of where he got his from?)

9. Bloated Monkey: cart

10. Mr. Mystery/Mark Sumner:Cart, Box, original docs,Most complete of anyones. (Mysterious person that Wonder007 vagely mentioned in a couple of posts . Probably the same guy as Mark Sumner)

11. Ianoid: Cart,Has the box but no sticker, (Got his from FND)

12. Unknown: Cart (Got his from Zeitshabba who got his from solow_rider)

13. David Park: Cart, Box, (Got his from his Uncle Ken who was an original contestant)

14. Mr. Mystery II: Cart, Docs(Original Contestant)

15. Nicola: Cart (Got his off Ebay)

16. Atari2600lives: Cart,(Got his from Wonder007 who got his off Ebay)

17. Revolutionika: Cart

18. Decypher: Cart (Got off Ebay from gephral)

19. Anonymous: Cart, Box (Got from Scrabbler15 the Original Contestant)

20. Mad_Doc: Cart (Original contestant)

21. Cannibal Cat: Cart (got his from a friends uncle who was an Original contestant)

22. Pinelands: Cart

23. Pinelands: Cart, Original Contest Docs, with envelope.

24. Injoynit: Cart, Original Contest Docs.

25. HHWolfman: Cart

26. David Park: Cart, original paperwork (Got his from his uncle)

*5th Ghost originally had 2 different sets of Original contest docs, but only one cart.

xx. Ataridolemite: Box, original Docs. (Original contestant) Does not have cart.

xx. Box and sticker floating around the internet.(Probably 5th Ghost's)

Ok, there are definetly some holes in this and possibly some inacuracies in regard to the Atlantis 2 owners. If you have any more information it would really be appreciated.

Edited by Atari2600Lives
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There is a rarity guide section of this forum that list most of the known copies of the most rare games .

You can find it here :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/15-rarity-guide/

Here is the thread for Atlantis II

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/96918-i-am-updating-the-atlantis-ii-registry/

Here is the latest list For Atlantis II ( I'm #16)

Update. ( greyphantom pending to be added )

Yet, another person to add to the list!

1.Marco:Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got his from 5th Ghost, who got this from from the original contestant)*

2.Trusty1: Cart (Got his from allhollowseve2000 who got his from Decypher who got his from Dino who go his from Bloated monkey. Bloated Monkey got his 2 carts he had from Ebay)

3.Wonder 007: Cart, Box, and Original contest docs, ( probably was BuyAtari's, BuyAtari got his from Kenny Brooks off Ebay in 2000, and Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998, Docs were 5th Ghosts, the Box was what Wonder007 got off Ebay) .

4.Meanguns:Cart, Original contest docs (Was original contestant)

5.Gospeedde: Cart, (Got from Ed Siegler who got his from his brother Joe who was an original contestant)

6. Anonymous: Cart, Box Sticker (Got from Crunchysuperman who got theirs from myself, Who got his from Video Game Addict who got his off Ebay)

7. Wonder : Cart, Original contest docs, and standee (got from myself, got from original owner off ebay)

8. Rick Weis: Cart, Box, ( Not to sure of where he got his from?)

9. Bloated Monkey: cart

10. Mr. Mystery/Mark Sumner:Cart, Box, original docs,Most complete of anyones. (Mysterious person that Wonder007 vagely mentioned in a couple of posts . Probably the same guy as Mark Sumner)

11. Ianoid: Cart,Has the box but no sticker, (Got his from FND)

12. Unknown: Cart (Got his from Zeitshabba who got his from solow_rider)

13. David Park: Cart, Box, (Got his from his Uncle Ken who was an original contestant)

14. Mr. Mystery II: Cart, Docs(Original Contestant)

15. Nicola: Cart (Got his off Ebay)

16. Atari2600lives: Cart,(Got his from Wonder007 who got his off Ebay)

17. Revolutionika: Cart

18. Decypher: Cart (Got off Ebay from gephral)

19. Anonymous: Cart, Box (Got from Scrabbler15 the Original Contestant)

20. Mad_Doc: Cart (Original contestant)

21. Cannibal Cat: Cart (got his from a friends uncle who was an Original contestant)

22. Pinelands: Cart

23. Pinelands: Cart, Original Contest Docs, with envelope.

24. Injoynit: Cart, Original Contest Docs.

25. HHWolfman: Cart

26. David Park: Cart, original paperwork (Got his from his uncle)

*5th Ghost originally had 2 different sets of Original contest docs, but only one cart.

xx. Ataridolemite: Box, original Docs. (Original contestant) Does not have cart.

xx. Box and sticker floating around the internet.(Probably 5th Ghost's)

Ok, there are definetly some holes in this and possibly some inacuracies in regard to the Atlantis 2 owners. If you have any more information it would really be appreciated.

Just for historical records, "Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998", for a whopping $23.00.

• Like 1