IGNORED

Techie_Alison tribute page is up...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is an old bump, I never saw this at the time. If you don't know anything about Alison its worth reading a bit about her. Many of her posts live on on atari-forum.com.

My first post here and I can't think of a better subject than Alison. Never spoke to her in person. She was just a cheerful e-mail correspondent. The Atari sitting right here next to me came from her. As did a few other bits of kit and leads. Generous to fault with her knowledge, time, and the products of her labour. The hole in the lives of her loved caused by her passing must be immense. :(

Edited by rocket-dog

Nice post! Alison touched the lives of many. I've dedicated the Lynx Alien remake to her (in credits), although I am sure Battlestar Galactica was more her thing. On a similar note, if anyone has an old PeST they would like to sell please let me know. I don't want a new one, I want one that Alison made, just for sentiment.

Nice post! Alison touched the lives of many. I've dedicated the Lynx Alien remake to her (in credits), although I am sure Battlestar Galactica was more her thing. On a similar note, if anyone has an old PeST they would like to sell please let me know. I don't want a new one, I want one that Alison made, just for sentiment.

Thank you. :)

And I am sorry you can't have my PeST but I do have a JeST if you want it. I forget what I bought off her but she threw in the JeST for free; it was the sort of thing she did. Drop me a PM and I will stick it in the post gratis.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a special public thank you to rocket-dog for sending the JeST from Alison. Extremely grateful for your generousity! I am experiencing some issues with PSX2 pads but I suspect it only works with PSX1 pads. I will post back with progress when I get a PSX1 pad.

PSX2 pads work fine for the mouse using analogue mode with the sticks, but when analogue is switched off the digital glitches with random movements - I think maybe PSX2 controllers send additional packets or something that the JeST isnt expecting. Had that same behaviour with 2 different controllers so its either that or something odd about my STFM joystick and mouse port.

Even if I cannot get it working properly I will treasure it =)

Edited by GadgetUK

• 2 weeks later...

Bless your little cotton socks for that. :)

As I said in a PM to you I never ever used it. But I was loathed to get rid because it came for free from Alison; seemed wrong to profit from the generosity of someone so special who was taken from her loved ones far too soon.

I think it is for PS1.

I am happy that you are happy with it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Alison would have been 40 today =( Been thinking about Alison and her partner Colin today. Anyway, shameless bump - if you've not checked out Alison's site you should, and her posts live on here and on atari-forum.com (as techie_alison).

Alison co created the PeST with Exxos (Chris Swinson) - another shameless plug as they were good friends... Check out Exxos website for the 16Mhz CPU mod (soon with fast ROM), and he still makes and sells genuine PeSTs. His site has mirror links of Alison's old site (logicsays).

http://pest.atari.org/

http://exxos.www.idnet.com/IMPULSE/atari/last/

• Like 1