IGNORED

HSC8 Round 11: The Lone Raider

Lock and load it's time for some true retro action in

The Lone Raider

Download xex from Fandal

Atarimania has .cas and instructions... note comment on soundtrack for us to investigate!

The game progresses through the difficulty levels so start on the default (learner). Nice and easy to start with so come and play everyone ;)

Scoring

• Rank order then score, so post your final ranks
  • Bonus HSC point for highest score after completing learner
    you can rack up points by collecting all the dots in the 2nd screen instead of exiting through the bottom door. However you must complete the level to qualify for this bonus

Game Closes Monday 18th July

(we'll overlap with HSC round 12 starting on Sunday the 17th)

Game On :!:

Ok, so here we are. Finally ... Lone Raider.

Now I need to learn how to play this game.

The SCREAM sound when you die is hilarious, if a little horrifying. I've mentioned this to Orph already but the first time I was shot in the face by one of those tanks (and heard that sound) I nearly jumped out of my chair ... had to set down the joystick and spend some time away.

All better now, though. Let's GO!

I think I'm going to mail my Mum a 800XL so she can play this round :D

this was the FIRST game I ever played on the atari... Fres I told the GF about your pansy ass screaming like a girl at the "scream" ;-) she thought it was funny until I made her play and she did the same thing...

Edited by orpheuswaking

I'm not sure what additional soudtrack is being alluded to in the atarimania page. When the cassette loads it has two electronic songs on the audio part of the tape (The Syncopated Clock & The Flight of the Bumblebee)... This is present on my 1985 red Atari UK Cassette...

I'm not sure what additional soudtrack is being alluded to in the atarimania page. When the cassette loads it has two electronic songs on the audio part of the tape (The Syncopated Clock & The Flight of the Bumblebee)... This is present on my 1985 red Atari UK Cassette...

I did find a link to an MP3 here but it was missing...

Found

on you tube (there are several parts to the tune) - would be cool if someone could add it into the game :ponder: Checkout the comments too the game was written by a 17 year old :thumbsup:

Just to confirm folks we are playing starting on the default level learner ;)

Uh oh. Looks like I can run this one in PAL or NTSC OSB, but not NTSC XL/XE. Strange.

atarionline.pl have 4 versions maybe one of them will work :?:

Trooper 5,143

post-19705-0-47358000-1310054154_thumb.jpg

To keep things interesting the Table will be by rank then score folks (see 1st post) :)

I yanked a copy from the homesoft archives. Seems to work fine, but has one of those obnoxious loading screens. The xex (v1) atari atarionline.pl works ok (homesoft version) and the atr (v2) file seems ok.

This is one of the more fun games no one ever heard of (on the West side of the pond!). Will the red labeled Atari, Lone Raider(UK) Cassette load properly in an NTSC 1010 Data recorder? UK audio cassettes seem to work fine in US players.

The Spaceship entry/exit scenes are reminiscent of First Softwares' Astrochase. I'm working my way up to level three :) :

3,698- Trainee; (1st lv)2,482

post-21471-0-21328300-1310182755_thumb.png,post-21471-0-15787300-1310182782_thumb.png

This is one of the more fun games no one ever heard of (on the West side of the pond!). Will the red labeled Atari, Lone Raider(UK) Cassette load properly in an NTSC 1010 Data recorder? UK audio cassettes seem to work fine in US players.

The Spaceship entry/exit scenes are reminiscent of First Softwares' Astrochase. I'm working my way up to level three :) :

3,698- Trainee; (1st lv)2,482

post-21471-0-21328300-1310182755_thumb.png,post-21471-0-15787300-1310182782_thumb.png

There is no PAL/NTSC specific 1010, only the Atari it's used on... I loaded it up on a NTSC machine a couple months ago and it worked fine, bear in mind though that was on a 800... Fres had some issues with certain dumps under XL emulation (It loads but you cant play it correctly)... So I'll try it out again this weekend on a NTSC 800XL and report back

Edited by orpheuswaking