IGNORED

Atari finally files Flashback 2 bootleg lawsuit

IS this the bootleg or the real thing? Please clarify when posting pics...

What part of "I don't know" don't you understand? That's why I'm posting pics in response to Marty's request. Please read posts ##36, 38, 43, and 46. Geez, man.

• Like 1

What part of "I don't know" don't you understand? That's why I'm posting pics in response to Marty's request. Please read posts ##36, 38, 43, and 46. Geez, man.

Your pics of the board look very different from the pics of the fake posted in the other thread. My opinion is that it's real.

Your pics of the board look very different from the pics of the fake posted in the other thread. My opinion is that it's real.

I would like to hope so but I still await pronouncements from someone who can actually tell me. The case labels are correct, and the board font and logo look correct. But I've only ever seen pics of the PCB that are either much bigger (the first revision I guess) and the last one. Mine is the size and shape of the last one but it's laid out differently. I've never seen photos of the Rev B boards but Marty says they were small also. So maybe it's one of those?

Here's a real nice and clear picture for the Rev C:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/163239-fb2-rev-c-cart-mod-visual-cheat-sheet/

Coincidentally, I ran across, and rescued a Flashback 2 today from a store full of odds and ends and luckily, it turned out to be the Rev C board as seen in the link above :grin: . As my soldering skills are terrible at best, I'm kind of on the lookout who might be willing to perform the cart port mod on it though I suspect I am going to end up having to brave an attempt at it myself at some point.

Here are pics of the rev B and C posted in 2006, long before the counterfeit FB2's were produced. Your's looks like the top pic.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/90987-rev-c-pic/?do=findComment&comment=1106291

Excellent, thank you! I think now that mine is pretty definitively a Rev B, which lines up well with my wife's recollection of buying it at Target in that general timeframe.

For what it's worth, I plugged it into a TV this afternoon and spent a frustratingly enjoyable 30 minutes playing Pitfall for the first time in far too long. :)

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't really know where to look, I can't find anything online about the outcome of this lawsuit. If Atari received damages, I would assume it would be all over the place, including on their (small) press page, as this would be a somewhat important legal outcome. Did they just quietly settle, or what? Nothing at Tommo.com, which also makes mention of their NeoGeo X, which is also a subject of legal complaints, I think.

I wish someone would take the Atari-on-a-chip tech that curt developed and build a system clone out of it. A 2-in-1 NES and VCS or 7800 would make a unique little clone box with a different spin on classic gaming compared to the usual 2-in-1 NES/SNES or the 3-in-1 NES/SNES/Genesis we keep seeing, even if it had issues with homebrew that used undocumented opcodes.

I wish someone would take the Atari-on-a-chip tech that curt developed and build a system clone out of it. A 2-in-1 NES and VCS or 7800 would make a unique little clone box with a different spin on classic gaming compared to the usual 2-in-1 NES/SNES or the 3-in-1 NES/SNES/Genesis we keep seeing, even if it had issues with homebrew that used undocumented opcodes.

People have asked about this in the past and at least one company said it would not be profitable enough for them to bother :(

• 1 month later...

We have Fred Meyers here in Oregon all over the place. These have been owned by Kroger for at least a decade. I think thats where my Flashback came from. However I don't want to take it apart to see if its counterfeit or not until someone posts _counterfeit_ and _not counterfeit_ pictures.

We have Fred Meyers here in Oregon all over the place. These have been owned by Kroger for at least a decade. I think thats where my Flashback came from. However I don't want to take it apart to see if its counterfeit or not until someone posts _counterfeit_ and _not counterfeit_ pictures.

They already were ages ago. See the older thread mentioned in this thread.

I followed that link to the older thread. The link just lead back to this thread.

Not sure what link you mean, this post of mine from July in this thread gives a link to the one with the photos and it certainly does not link right back here. There's even a full gallery of the fake one.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184489-atari-finally-files-flashback-2-bootleg-lawsuit/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3024540

There is the game system of like 5-n-1 game systems (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc...) called the Retron that I would like to have Atari game system capability added.

If you are interested in showing your support for that idea, I've but the message to the developers on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/HyperkinGames/posts/729142723787493

There is the game system of like 5-n-1 game systems (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc...) called the Retron that I would like to have Atari game system capability added.

If you are interested in showing your support for that idea, I've but the message to the developers on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/HyperkinGames/posts/729142723787493

Sadly N64 is propably far higher on the list. But TG-16 (Jap and NA) and 2600/7800 are likely high on the list too.

• 3 months later...