IGNORED

High Score Club 9.18 - China Syndrome

Ze_ro

Next High Score Club Game  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Would You Like To See Next Week?

• Mission 3000 A.D. (Bit Corp) [New to HSC]
    • Front Line (Coleco) [Played Season 3, Wk 2]
    • Time Warp (Zellers) [New to HSC]
    • Save Mary (Atari) [Played Season 3, Wk 16]
    • Z-Tack (Bomb) [New to HSC]
    • Spike's Peak (Xonox) [New to HSC]

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Level 9 completed-- ALL CLEAR -- Score: 139

@Jifremok -- I agree, these games take too long. I think they would've been better had they introduced some new tasks at succeeding levels, rather than just increasing the speed each time.

post-27900-0-68337800-1310761964_thumb.png

TIPS (Revised):

1. TEST YOUR SKILL AND COORDINATION: To practice with advanced levels, choose Game 2 (Certification Test - Starts at Level 3); then, go to Game 3 (Starts Test at Level 5). Try to get the following perfect scores: 105 on Game 2, and 75 on Game 3.

2. SPECIAL TIP FOR BEGINNERS: To learn how to play China Syndrome, practice with Game 4 (Children's Version - Starts at Level 1). On this setting, there are 4 levels (note that the gameplay continues with the repetition of Level 4).

3. You always start every level with the Robot Arm positioned at the top of gamefield (Red Zone - see Figure 1). Each time you lose a life, the Robot Arm always reappears at the top of screen.

post-24681-0-50458900-1310779917_thumb.png<---FIGURE 1

4. The minimum number of particles which you must neutralize to progress to the next level is 15 per stage (5 per zone, i.e., the gamefield is divided by 3 zones). Quickly, try to neutralize the particle in the following sequence: Red Zone, Blue Zone, and Yellow Zone; once you complete this sequence sucessfully, repeat this procedure until it stabilizes the core. On Levels 2 to 9, DON'T MOVE YOUR JOYSTICK after stabilizing the core completely, because you can touch the Core Vent (Fan) accidentaly and you have to repeat the current level wherein you lost a life.

5. On Levels 5-9, try to use this tactic to neutralize particles easily:

• Red Zone: Robot Arm positioned at the top of gamefield (Figure 2 - note that you can pass over the red Core Vent safely);
  • Blue Zone: Robot Arm positioned at the bottom of this zone (Figure 3);
  • Yellow Zone: Robot Arm positioned at the bottom of screen (Figure 4 - note that you can pass under the yellow Core Vent safely).

post-24681-0-30005700-1310779921_thumb.png<---FIGURE 2

post-24681-0-78048700-1310779925_thumb.png<---FIGURE 3

post-24681-0-80272400-1310779929_thumb.png<---FIGURE 4

6. The tactic mentioned above works when you try to neutralize particles which move diagonally (and vertically in a few occasions). The particles always emerge from the Core Vents (Fans) presents on the gamefield. And stay tuned: some particles move horizontally; so, you can neutralize them easily and take your advantage.

7. If you are NOT READY to neutralize a particle at the beginning of each level, DON'T press Fire Button. Touch one of the Core Vents (Fans), or let the radiation levels increase and the word "DANGER" appears at the bottom of screen. Do this when you have more than 5 lives. With this tactic, I got a perfect score of 75 on Game 3 (Starts at Level 5) just for training and testing my coordination.

GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 2

Clear All with a score of 163

I don't think I can do any better with my crappy emulator controller. The damn game won't get shipped till Monday according to atari2600.com and it gets shipped from Arizona while I live in Connecticut.

I wish we had 2 weeks in advance to know which games are coming up to avoid this problem that happens all the time to people on here.

post-28767-0-60254600-1310799227_thumb.jpg

Maybe we could end the poll sooner to avoid not getting the game in the mail in time? Maybe Saturday should be the last day of voting?

Phooosh, agreed. I bought my China Syndrome on the 11th, dude just shipped today. THANKS. Most likely won't get here on time...

Trying this out for participation point after very long, hectic work week.

Only managed level 5, 194 points. I doubt I can go further. It's hard to hug those elusive little guys (it looks like my guy is hugging them). I don't know how you guys are getting to level 9. Level 5 is tough enough for my coordination or lack thereof.

post-2105-0-79016600-1310869068_thumb.jpg

Here's a score which DOESN'T COUNT: a perfect score which I got for Game 3 (the Hardest Setting - Starts on Level 5 - Difficulty A on both sides). This score is valid just for statistics, showing my performance and testing my coordination.

post-24681-0-68520000-1310941529_thumb.png

And here's my VALID AND PERFECT SCORE to clarify (Game 1, Difficulty AA):

0135 - Level 9 All Clear

post-24681-0-46505000-1310947210_thumb.png

Edited by oyamafamily