IGNORED

High Score Club 9.18 - China Syndrome

Ze_ro

Next High Score Club Game  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Would You Like To See Next Week?

• Mission 3000 A.D. (Bit Corp) [New to HSC]
    • Front Line (Coleco) [Played Season 3, Wk 2]
    • Time Warp (Zellers) [New to HSC]
    • Save Mary (Atari) [Played Season 3, Wk 16]
    • Z-Tack (Bomb) [New to HSC]
    • Spike's Peak (Xonox) [New to HSC]

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Level 9 -200 and still I meltdown; just can't seem to clear that last one regardless of all those damned lives the game accumulates!

Naturally, as soon as I make this griping public, I decide to play one more game for vengeance, and:

post-29468-0-38098500-1311047619_thumb.jpg (pardon the flash)

I finally got it. Woot.

I think I'm good for this week's games now...

I feel your pain Stan. Do you own Frontline? I'm hoping that game wins because it's the only one I own and the others are hard to find rare games.

Fingers crossed for today on China. Yeah, thankfully I already own that one. I really like the voting idea, but some of these titles are hella rare or PAL so I'll either have to skip that week or get a Harmony cart. PAL games do work on them, correct?

MELTDOWN - 24,909 - WOO HOOO!!

post-24681-0-87700100-1311118723_thumb.png

SOME MELTDOWN TIPS & HINTS:

1. The levels are completed according to the following scores:

• 100 on Level 1
  • 300 on Level 2
  • 600 on Level 3
  • 1000 on Level 4
  • 1500 on Level 5
  • Every subsequent level is completed for each multiple of 500 points (2000, 2500, etc.)

2. Each time you complete the level, the game automatically stops until you press Fire button; so, you can use this opportunity to drink a water or fruit juice, go to the bathroom, eating the sandwich, or taking a rest.

3. Try to play Game 5 (The Hardest Setting - Starts at 14,000 points) to train more difficult levels and test your coordination.

4. Each time you destroy the quarks and cool down the reactor, you get 10 points on Level 1; this value increases by 1 point for each level completed, up to a maximum of 49 on Levels 40, 41, 42...and so fourth.

Edited by oyamafamily

No dice. I hate sellers that get paid and then ship like six days later. GET IT OUT ON TIME. There goes my ranking. Ah well, on to the next game, whatever it is.

I always order my games on Atari2600.com. They ship next day everytime except this time because it was closed for the week. They ship from Arizona so if you live in the North East like myself, it might not come till Monday.

looks like it's coming down to Frontline or Spike's Peak. I voted for Frontline but I think I should of voted for Spike's Peak instead because platformers are the best games I'm at. I always read video games critic's review before I vote and he said the game is awful but he said the same thing about China Syndrome and I enoyed it.

I improved a little on China Syndrome, but I still think it is crazy! I find myself following around a particle and I keep missing it, and then they turn into 2, then 3, then 4 :-o

Level 7, 144 points

post-2105-0-74111100-1311129458_thumb.jpg

I voted for Save Mary and Spike's Peak because I liked the graphics on those games. Frontline will be good because I have the actual cartridge. I just figured a lot of people would vote for it, so I wanted to give my vote to games that might need them more.

looks like it's coming down to Frontline or Spike's Peak.

Spike's Peak has this weird charm to it for me. It's VERY difficult, mainly due to shoddy programming and horrible collision detection. The yeti level is insane.

Fingers crossed for today on China. Yeah, thankfully I already own that one. I really like the voting idea, but some of these titles are hella rare or PAL so I'll either have to skip that week or get a Harmony cart. PAL games do work on them, correct?

I definitely recommend a Harmony, even if only for the HSC. I received one for Father's Day this year, and it's saved me a huge amount of hassle each week (and money, since I can pick up the cart later when I find a good deal). I've only had trouble with the Mindmaster, as is well known, and that only on the final score screen. It will handle PAL game ROMs fine, assuming you have a PAL TV to play them on! Otherwise, a lot of the PAL games have NTSC conversions some diligent programmers made available.

+Actual hardware+

Yeah, the video game critic said it takes more luck than skill to finish the second and 3rd levels in Spike's Peak. That's why I didn't vote for it. Plus, I saw video of the game on Youtube and it looks like he's right.

I love the XONOX double-ender carts... but I've yet to find a game of theirs I actually enjoy playing (no, I haven't played them all yet).

I love the XONOX double-ender carts... but I've yet to find a game of theirs I actually enjoy playing (no, I haven't played them all yet).

Motocross Racer. Trust me. Freaking amazing. Sir Lancelot is another sleeper title. The rest are pretty bad, but I like playing them.

Yeah, the video game critic said it takes more luck than skill to finish the second and 3rd levels in Spike's Peak. That's why I didn't vote for it. Plus, I saw video of the game on Youtube and it looks like he's right.

I like Sir Lancelot.