IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) Demo Release

Andrew Davie

So... how much is "affordable"?

Less than $32K?

LOL! Affordable in my context is under $100 for a CIB release. That's usually what most collectors are shooting for. Realistically, the $50 ballpark is best, but premium releases such as this would be could probably fetch up to $75-$85 with no problems, as it's guaranteed to be a very high quality release. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Who has NOT made it to the second cave, despite trying?

Who HAS made it past the second cave?

I consider myself a good Boulderdash player but I'm still stuck on the 1st level. I'll get it sooner or later!

Watching the video helped. I had no idea about the magic wall until I saw Andrew playing the level. (Boulder Dash® novice here.)

I still haven't gotten through the level yet, but I'm getting closer now. ;)

I know I've put my name in the hat every-time there is a chance this game might get made or sold :-) So, I'll do it again. I'd like two of whatever boxed/deluxe (if there is,) or really any edition where this ends up in cart. This is just amazing, superb work AD and TJ :-)

I know I've put my name in the hat every-time there is a chance this game might get made or sold :-) So, I'll do it again. I'd like two of whatever boxed/deluxe (if there is,) or really any edition where this ends up in cart. This is just amazing, superb work AD and TJ :-)

Order noted. Please send a signed, blank cheque to my home address.

Cheers

A

Order noted. Please send a signed, blank cheque to my home address.

Make that two! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying this out on my CC2. Andrew, this looks fantastic on my CRT! And it plays great (even though I suck at it). My wallet is open and ready to buy a copy.

For those of you that want to try it on the Cuttle Cart 2, the settings are 3E for the bankswitching and 3E3F512K for the startup. For example, my line of text looks like this:

Boulder Dash Demo		BDDEMO.BIN		3E		3E3F512K

- Possible bug or maybe it's my configuration (playing on Cuttle Cart 2): When I switch the left difficulty to toggle music, it comes on okay but when I switch it off, it holds and plays the last note.

- For the look-around feature, would it be possible to have it so the Select switch acts as a toggle instead of being momentary? It'll make it easier to do (since it takes both hands to move the joystick) and it can also double as a pause.

- Possible bug or maybe it's my configuration (playing on Cuttle Cart 2): When I switch the left difficulty to toggle music, it comes on okay but when I switch it off, it holds and plays the last note.

- For the look-around feature, would it be possible to have it so the Select switch acts as a toggle instead of being momentary? It'll make it easier to do (since it takes both hands to move the joystick) and it can also double as a pause.

The in game music is gone by now, we switched to a completely new music code which only works on the title screen.

For look around the game is using the (long pressed) fire button now.

The in game music is gone by now, we switched to a completely new music code which only works on the title screen.

For look around the game is using the (long pressed) fire button now.

Right on! I remember there was a conversation about the look-around controls. Cool to see that long-pressing got implemented. :thumbsup:

BTW, congrats to you and Andrew. This is an amazing accomplishment. :thumbsup:++

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...