My very own Price check thread

10 replies to this topic

#1 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts
  • A ROM image is no way to live.

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 AM

So I have a pile of stuff I'll be looking to move soon. The problem is I don't really look much into prices for things anymore. If I want an item and the price asked seems fair to me I go for it or look up a price then. I just assume I don't want it bad enough if the price seems too high. However, like many of you I have picked up lots to pick the parts I want from and now I have a pile of stuff I want to move. Most games I can find a reasonable price for, but there are some odd things I would like to ask about. Either I just can't find information on them, or there is too much bad iformation out there screwing up what I do find. So, if you could help I would be thankful.

7 NES frontloaders with power, RF, and a controller each, maybe two, and a few that will be sold with light guns too.

2 NES power pads.

1 medium size power glove for the NES, I can find the large ones but I've never seen another medium.

I have 1 boxed NES with all the manuals for the light gun, console, and the poster that shows how to hook the console up on one side and has a poster image on the other. I think it's Nintendo Power on the other. The box is in great physical shape but the image is torn a bit. I'll post pictures of this tonight as I'm sure people will want to see this to make a judgement on condition.

CIB Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link for the NES. I see wild prices here, whats reasonable?

NIB Altered Beast for the Genesis. I never see NIB so I have no idea what this is worth at all.

I have more stuff but I can't remember it all and I have a good idea of a bit more of it so this is my main interest in seeing what I can really expect. All these items will be listed for sale in one way or another (here or eBay or something) so if you see something you are interested in you can go ahead and make an offer or hang out for the thread I'll be putting up after another test of all items and such.

Thanks for your time. Like I said, I'm dumb about a lot of things.

#2 Stan OFFLINE  

Stan

River Patroller

• 3,518 posts
  • 世嘉电子智能机好极了!

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 AM

Here's my general estimate:

7 NES frontloaders with power, RF, and a controller each, maybe two, and a few that will be sold with light guns too.

Assuming they work and each come with one controller, you could probably nab around $20 for each of them, maybe more to the right buyer.

2 NES power pads.

I assume loose. If loose, and working, maybe around $5-10 each would be reasonable.

1 medium size power glove for the NES, I can find the large ones but I've never seen another medium.

Not sure on rarity or anything, but again I assume loose. A loose glove with all the necessary components (infared stuff and such) could probably nab around $20 or so.

I have 1 boxed NES with all the manuals for the light gun, console

Depends on what particular model it is. If it's the more common set, and in decent shape overall, you could probably get around $50-80 for it. But there are several different sets, some more desirable than others.

CIB Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link for the NES.

If it's the original, gold version, a reasonable price for one in good condition would be around $10-15. If it's the rerelease (yellow), probably around $30.

NIB Altered Beast for the Genesis.

Not much, unless there's something I'm missing. $5 should be an expected price.

#3 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,436 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 AM

I was told by the local game store that the Altered Beast might be rare just because it was only available as a pack in with the Genesis model 1. So it still being sealed might be something. I don't care to keep sealed games so if its worth it I'll sell it, otherwise I'll open it and have very clean copy for my collection. :D

Thanks for the information. I would have thought the glove would be more, but thats why I ask.

#4 fmdof OFFLINE  

fmdof

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:41 AM

Here's my general estimate:

Assuming they work and each come with one controller, you could probably nab around $20 for each of them, maybe more to the right buyer.

2 NES power pads.

I assume loose. If loose, and working, maybe around $5-10 each would be reasonable.

Not sure on rarity or anything, but again I assume loose. A loose glove with all the necessary components (infared stuff and such) could probably nab around $20 or so.

I have 1 boxed NES with all the manuals for the light gun, console

Depends on what particular model it is. If it's the more common set, and in decent shape overall, you could probably get around $50-80 for it. But there are several different sets, some more desirable than others.

CIB Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link for the NES.

If it's the original, gold version, a reasonable price for one in good condition would be around $10-15. If it's the rerelease (yellow), probably around $30.

NIB Altered Beast for the Genesis.

Not much, unless there's something I'm missing. $5 should be an expected price.

dead on.

#5 Stan OFFLINE  

Stan

River Patroller

• 3,518 posts
  • 世嘉电子智能机好极了!

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 PM

Nah, it's not rare. Just like SMB for the NES, sure it WAS a pack-in, but it was also a regular release and one of the most common.

#6 Elerach OFFLINE  

Elerach

Moonsweeper

• 324 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 PM

If you have the sensors for the Power Glove I would gladly take it off your hands... :cool:

#7 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,436 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:48 PM

Nah, it's not rare. Just like SMB for the NES, sure it WAS a pack-in, but it was also a regular release and one of the most common.

Well, if they want to spend money on it I'll let them. I think the owner is a big Sega guy and I know he spends some money on some odd Genesis stuff so maybe he just wanted to pay real money for it so he could have it. If not I'll open her up and have that super clean copy for me. Its a win for me either way, I have just a few bucks in it.

#8 stjames88 OFFLINE  

stjames88

Chopper Commander

• 249 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:48 PM

If the Altered beast is not a re-seal, its really rare. The pack in versions were not sealed, so it would be a retail version. Is there a hangtab on the case? I would like some front and back pics if possible.

#9 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,436 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:07 PM

It has no hang tag on it, and it doesn't look to me like it was removed. Normally that would leave a bit of scaring or a jagged edge on the box when it is removed. I'll post some pics if you still want to see them after this bit of information. I would have thought it wasn't retial because of the hang tab. I wouldn't have guessed it was a re-seal either though. Who knows.

If you have the sensors for the Power Glove I would gladly take it off your hands... :cool:

I'll test it again tonight to make sure it works some. None of them work in a way that I could use it to play a game, but I'll test it anyway and let you know.

#10 stjames88 OFFLINE  

stjames88

Chopper Commander

• 249 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:32 PM

If there is no hang tab, then it is a pack in game that some company resealed at some point. eStarland is good for that. Too bad, from what I can tell, the retail releses are uber rare.

#11 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,436 posts

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 PM

If there is no hang tab, then it is a pack in game that some company resealed at some point. eStarland is good for that. Too bad, from what I can tell, the retail releses are uber rare.

Cool, good information to have. Thanks for filling me in, I'll open her up and see if its a nice clean cart and manual then.

Also, I'm checking power gloves sold on eBay in the last month of so, looks like $35-$40 on those, and I still can't find the smaller one. I'll have to get a picture out just to show how small it really is. You can tell looking at them they are different.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users