IGNORED

Season 5 Round 2 *Frogger*

Frogger

Frogger.gif

It's tough to be a frog! Life isn't all lazy days and lily pads - it abounds with dangers. In fact, every leap Frogger takes could be his last! Can you help Frogger survive his perilous journey home to safety?

Game Information

Game Name: Frogger

Released by: Parker Brothers, 1983

Original arcade game by: Sega/Gremlin, 1981

HSC High Score: 53,150 by duncantoml (HSC1 - Mar 2008)

TwinGalaxies High Score: 53,150 by Tom Duncan (Mar 2008)

Settings: Slow - 1 Player

This game was suggested by: Yurkie

Contest Ends

Saturday, 30 July 2011 at 1:00AM EST

Quick-Start-Bonus-Info and HSC Rules

Final High Scores

1. ed1475 29,110 [+10] [+3]

2. jblenkle 21,220 [+9]

3. chuckwalla 19,420 [+8] [+1]

4. ColecoDan 17,130 [+6]

5. Mangia-Boy 16,560 [+4]

6. atariron82 15,480 [+2]

7. patbb 15,110 [+1]

8. NIAD 13,220 [+1]

9. Ikrananka 12,510 [+1]

10. Yurkie 12,450 [+1]

11. JacobZu7zu7 11,520 [+1]

12. cmart604 10,960 [+1]

Leaderboard

1. patbb [13] (1) 1

2. purenergy [9] (1)

3. Mangia-Boy [8] (1)

4. Ikrananka [6] (1)

5. ed1475 [4] (1) 1

6. jblenkle [2] (1)

7. JacobZu7zu7 [1] (1)

7. roadrunner [1] (1)

[ ] = Points

( ) = Rounds Played

BLUE = Rounds Won

GOLD = Seasons Won

Edited by Ikrananka

Awesome summertime game! Thanks for choosing this one. :)

No problem. I'm trying to balance between games that haven't been played for a while, have been requested for this season, as well as previously requested as per the games index list. I know I can't please everyone but I'll do my best to strike a balance.

Plus I love Frogger :D

Edited by Ikrananka

I used to play Frogger in the arcades so much that the music is permanently embedded in my head.

Awesome summertime game! Thanks for choosing this one. :)

No problem. I'm trying to balance between games that haven't been played for a while, have been requested for this season, as well as previously requested as per the games index list. I know I can't please everyone but I'll do my best to strike a balance.

Plus I love Frogger :D

Ikrananka: Just wondering if I should get a +3 for the quick start bonus in Jumpman?

My bad :sad: Yes, you should have received the quick start bonus. I have corrected the Jumpan final scores as well as the Leaderboard shown here in this thread. I'll be more careful in the future.

Thanks for pointing out my error - if anyone else spots anything wrong then please let me know and I will correct it. Hopefully, I will get better at this as I progress.

Edited by Ikrananka

Ikrananka: Just wondering if I should get a +3 for the quick start bonus in Jumpman?

My bad :sad: Yes, you should have received the quick start bonus. I have corrected the Jumpan final scores as well as the Leaderboard shown here in this thread. I'll be more careful in the future.

Thanks for pointing out my error - if anyone else spots anything wrong then please let me know and I will correct it. Hopefully, I will get better at this as I progress.

Thanks.

I have a suggestion: Adding the players that are eligible for the quick start bonus in the first post (after the 3 day deadline).

Thanks.

I have a suggestion: Adding the players that are eligible for the quick start bonus in the first post (after the 3 day deadline).

I like the idea but I can't guarantee that I'll be around to update the high scores that often and so could easily not be able to put up a player's eligibility for the quick start until the round is almost over. I'd rather player's keep track of their elibibility and I will do an end of round check myself.

My reluctance is also partly to do with automation. I have setup a fairly complex spreadsheet for the scoring and tracking system but it is currently a manual entry for the quick start bonus (i.e. a Y/N box for each player). To fully automate this would mean that I would have to enter not only each players score but also the date and time of the score submission. I'm just not willing to add that additional overhead to the time I spend on this.

Edited by Ikrananka

Thanks.

Besides the work that Ikrananka described, if you put the score up right away after 3 days you have to remember to take it down if someone beats the score.

Edited by ColecoDan

Thanks.

Besides the work that Ikrananka described, if you put the score up right away after 3 days you have to remember to take it down if someone beats the score.

You will just have to compare the two list when the contest is over.

I see this just as a reminder, to know who's eligible + the score to compare to the final result.

I don't think it's necessary to update the quick-start list every time a new score is entered.

Thanks.

You will just have to compare the two list when the contest is over.

I see this just as a reminder, to know who's eligible + the score to compare to the final result.

I don't think it's necessary to update the quick-start list every time a new score is entered.

I understand, but I will very likely be unavailable to update the list shortly after the first 3 days (I might be able to do it occasionally but not every round) - it may well be after 7 days or 10 days in which case I suspect the benefit of highlighting the eligibility will be lost.

12,450 (pic on iphone)

I thought I had made it to level 5 before.

I was reading through the manual and there are only 4 levels and then 4 repeats till you run out of Frogs.

I can make it to level 4 without dying, but can only manage to get 2 or maybe 3 frogs home in level 4. I love this game, just wish I could figure out level 4.

12,450 (pic on iphone)

I thought I had made it to level 5 before.

I was reading through the manual and there are only 4 levels and then 4 repeats till you run out of Frogs.

I can make it to level 4 without dying, but can only manage to get 2 or maybe 3 frogs home in level 4. I love this game, just wish I could figure out level 4.

Looks like you and I have the same problem.