I've been working on my next Adventure game for the last few months, and I think it's gotten to the point where it's actually kind of fun to play. Created with the DPC+ kernel (you'll need the latest version of Stella to play), it's preliminarily called "Epic Adventure".
It's an entirely new Adventure game built from the ground-up featuring 32 rooms / mazes with all-new items and enemies (see picture below). It's kind of a mixture of Adventure and Lord of the Rings. The goal of the game is "the usual" - get the golden chalice back to your home castle. But first, you must kill the Dragon in order for the chalice to appear in one of three places - the Wizard's Castle, the Dragon's Castle, or the Troll's Cave.
Some new features:
• upgraded graphics
• new torch lighting effect
• one skeleton key to open all castles
• staff for long-range attacks
• amulet makes you invisible to enemies
• you can make the hawk drop objects by sniping him with the staff (if you're quick enough)
• the hawk will sometimes pick you up if you don't have any items, and you can control his x-axis while flying.
• when you're in the same room as the palintir, you'll move at half-speed.
Still to be done:
If anyone has any special interest in doing the above, please feel free to contribute!
The demo is Level 1 of the game, with all of the items nonrandomized and easy to find in or near your home castle. Test it out and let me know what you think!
epicadv1.bin 32KB 480 downloads
Latest version (Levels 1-3) as of 9/25/11:
epicadv22.bin 32KB 785 downloads
Pac-Man-Red - nice Canadian who created all of the graphics.
RevEng - another nice Canadian who helped me figure out DPC+.
Random Terrain - batari Basic games would not be possible without his manual!
batari - all hail The Creator!
Edited by Byte Knight, Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 PM.