it dosnt compile

D:\LYNX\sound\chipper (beta)\lynxtc>lyxass handymusic.asm
HandyMusic PCM IRQ Address: $3277
Sound Engine IRQ Address: $3644
HandyMusic Memory left: $3F60
handymusic.asm: 721:ERROR:
Unsolved labels !

whats going wrong?

Let the chipper compile it, it knows what to do.
This is done if you click on "export tc" or "export bll", the tracks are then exported for the selected driver, compiled and an image is build.

#27 rockfistus OFFLINE  

rockfistus

Chopper Commander

• 203 posts

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:44 PM

I'd love to help beta test or whatever, My programming for this kind of stuff is crap though. So I can't help there. I've got 15 years or so of tracking experience though.

#28 philipj OFFLINE  

philipj

Moonsweeper

• 336 posts

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:36 PM

I not to good with trackers, but I do have some musical experience. As time would allow I'd like to beta test as well.

Edited by philipj, Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:37 PM.

#29 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:15 AM

I'd love to help beta test or whatever, My programming for this kind of stuff is crap though. So I can't help there. I've got 15 years or so of tracking experience though.

U R welcome.

#30 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 AM

just as a note:

the archive also contains new (bugfixed) versions of lyxass and lynxdir (ROM image builder), but without the source nor documentation.

#31 matashen OFFLINE  

matashen

Moonsweeper

• 461 posts

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 PM

in chipper the export to bll runs, the exporttc dosnt run, some files are dont found.

Regards
Matashen

#32 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:44 PM

in chipper the export to bll runs, the exporttc dosnt run, some files are dont found.

Anyone else have the same problem?

#33 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:34 AM

Anyone else have the same problem?

It is exporting fine for me, and I'm using the new version.

#34 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 AM

Matashen: I checked it with Windows, with wine and from linux command line, all run fine. Please try again from the latest archive, and do not update the files in the current directory, but create a new one. Check that no environment varaible is set which would lead to either lyxass executed from elsewhere on your system or includfiles not loaded from lyxntc but from you include directory.

#35 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sun Oct 2, 2011 2:13 PM

Version 1.4.9 is out, with improved exporter code (size!) and a few other changes in the lynx player code... mainly cosmetic ones :-) File- and pathnames have been changed to something ... eh ... more intuitive.

#36 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sun Dec 4, 2011 5:43 AM

some news:
I ported the player routine to c (well inline assembler, but hell, who cares). Only newcc65 is supported now _and_ a few bugfixes had to be done to ra65. did nobody noticed or cared that in this thing the macro processing and localy symbols were f***ed up?

#37 matashen OFFLINE  

matashen

Moonsweeper

• 461 posts

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:11 PM

I dont found the c-routines for the newcc65. where can i download ?

#38 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:58 PM

you need the patched ra65, which i would have to compile for windows first.

#39 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 AM

Driver version 1.3 is now available here.

The changes are as follows:
*Short note mode added for music scripts.
*As requested by Sage: channel timers are only disabled for changes, making the waveforms much cleaner.
*Better channel redirection setup, giving more time for running your game. There's also much more free memory to add extra features to HandyMusic later.

As usual, all music and sound effects made for the old versions are completely compatible.

The next version will include a SPL style sound compiler, HMCC. So at that point it will be a complete replacement for Epyx's HSPL libraries.
Enjoy!

#40 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:20 PM

Driver version 1.3 is now available here.

The changes are as follows:
*Short note mode added for music scripts.
*As requested by Sage: channel timers are only disabled for changes, making the waveforms much cleaner.
*Better channel redirection setup, giving more time for running your game. There's also much more free memory to add extra features to HandyMusic later.

As usual, all music and sound effects made for the old versions are completely compatible.

good work.
... and after the usual change it is already working as driver for chipper exports.
-> will be included in the next update.

#41 karri OFFLINE  

karri

Stargunner

• 1,468 posts

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 AM

Wow. This is really a complete sound programming language. I have to try it out.

--
Karri

#42 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:16 AM

good work.
... and after the usual change it is already working as driver for chipper exports.
-> will be included in the next update.

Update! Find it at the usual place ;)

#43 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 AM

Wow. This is really a complete sound programming language. I have to try it out.

It will be a little nicer to use in the next release when HMCC is done, since then you can do straight notes instead of frequencies like:
using triangle_powpow ; specify instrument used for the following
	   as4 40 ; note on for triangle powpow instrument, a-sharp in 4th octave, wait 40/60ths of a second
	   rest 20 ; note off + rest for 20/60ths of a second

But of course, things can always be exported from Sage's tracker.
I liked working with HSPL when I was finishing up Zaku, but the driver was so heavy on both memory and CPU. There was also no stereo support out of the box and you could not use integrate mode on instruments, only SFX. It was also very easy to get the driver to mess up and change the music waveforms with those of a recently played SFX.
So this driver was designed to replace HSPL completely in my current project. Also be a little more friendly to use from the game side, and not require an Amiga.

Update! Find it at the usual place ;)

Thanks very much! The tracker support is always appreciated :)

#44 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 PM

Driver version 1.3c is available here.

Changes are as follows:
*HMCC Lynx-SASS Compiler added (source included).
*Bug fixed where note off commands in music scripts were not clearing the instrument decode delay.

Enjoy!

#45 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:27 PM

Only one line changed, right?
(beside some renamed variables)

#46 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 PM

Only one line changed, right?
(beside some renamed variables)

Driver side the addition of "STZ HandyMusic_Channel_DecodeDelay,X" at line 203 of HM_Mus.asm is all I am recalling. So that should be it, the compiler didn't really affect the driver at all.

#47 LX.NET OFFLINE  

LX.NET

Dragonstomper

• 544 posts

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012 1:51 AM

I will definitely check this out when Tiny Lynx Adventure becomes less tiny.
I haven't done music before other than getting abcmusic compiled and trying the Austin Powers demo music.

One question though: is the HandyMusic driver enough to play the music and sound effects or is sage's tracker required?

Keep up this work.

#48 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012 2:04 AM

One question though: is the HandyMusic driver enough to play the music and sound effects or is sage's tracker required?

Its is stand-alone. But Chipper can export for TailChao's driver. With some limitations on the instruments.

#49 TailChao OFFLINE  

TailChao

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 391 posts
  • Bup?

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 AM

I will definitely check this out when Tiny Lynx Adventure becomes less tiny.
I haven't done music before other than getting abcmusic compiled and trying the Austin Powers demo music.

Keep in mind this was all made for the old BLL-Assembly environment. If you're using CC65 I have no idea how easy or difficult it may be to talk to the driver.

But as Sage said, the driver can work by itself. It just needs supplied music and SFX data which can both be generated using HMCC and SASS. SFX are very easy to make, and HMCC will even generate an equates file with useful constants regarding all your noises.
I would still recommend trying music in Chipper first. Sage made a very good tool.

Keep up this work.

At this point with HMCC, the suite has all I need for my current game. So things may be slow or just bugfixes for awhile.
But a MIDI->SASS converter is a strong possibility.

#50 obschan OFFLINE  

obschan

Chopper Commander

• 151 posts

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2012 12:01 AM

I got it working with the latest cc65, that's a great piece, and the documentation is outstanding.

Thank you very much for this great work, it's very informative !

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users