IGNORED

PacManPlus Appreciation Thread

DamonicFury

As an admirer of the amazing work that PacManPlus has done with the 7800 system, I just wanted to start a thread where other fans of his work could express their appreciation for all he's done. This is emphatically NOT a thread to rehash and re-fight issues that have recently happened, but just for expressing thanks to a guy who's contributed so much to the 7800 and this site.

Just as a reminder, this is the man who programmed:

Pac-man Collection

Super Pac-man

Junior Pac-man

Super Circus AtariAge

Meteor Shower

CrazyBrix

Asteroids Deluxe

Space Duel

Space Invaders 7800

FailSafe

(possibly others, post them if I missed something!)

I don't know Bob, haven't ever even interacted with him, but reading through some recent threads, it's clear he hasn't been receiving the kind of recognition that he is due as one of the superstar programmers of this community. So many thanks to him, and I hope everyone who's enjoyed his work can use this area to express their own appreciation.

• Like 29

Although I didn't have the chance to play Bob's games yet, I know he is one of the most enthusiast people on the 7800 who deserves a lot of respect.

The 7800 community would be a lot less fun without him and I would surely miss him. So Bob, remember that a lot of people here care about you. I can only hope you won't give up your 7800 hobby as many people are enjoying your work.

Robert

Meteor Shower is a fantastic and addicting game. :cool: :thumbsup:

It would be a shame if some jerkoffs discouraged Bob to the point of not making games anymore. :thumbsdown: :x

BTW, I had the honour to play Super Circus Atariage last year in Vegas and hopefully we will have a chance to buy it!!! :lust: :lust: :lust:

Please keep up the excellent work!

Meteor Shower is a fantastic and addicting game. :cool: :thumbsup:

It would be a shame if some jerkoffs discouraged Bob to the point of not making games anymore. :thumbsdown: :x

BTW, I had the honour to play Super Circus Atariage last year in Vegas and hopefully we will have a chance to buy it!!! :lust: :lust: :lust:

Please keep up the excellent work!

I can't seem to find anything that refers to what people are talking about. Where are these threads where Bob was getting Shat on?

I can't seem to find anything that refers to what people are talking about. Where are these threads where Bob was getting Shat on?

The mods cleaned the thread up.

Edit:

As sdamon requested that "This is emphatically NOT a thread to rehash and re-fight issues" I'm not going to post links to this thread.

Edited by GroovyBee

Three cheers for the one of the best hobbyist programmers around! Pac man collection is a masterpiece that clearly had a lot of work put into it. as soon as the store opens again, I intend on buying more of his craft. Bob! Bob! Bob!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If Bob never did any programing, the Atari 7800 homebrew scene would have died after 2007 after Kenfused last 7800 game was released for a couple years at least.

Bob is very talented homebrew author. I am very familiar with his work starting in 2006. There is not a bad game or bad port he created for the Atari 7800. PacManPlus was the first homebrew Atari 7800 author to creating a 7800 game with scrolling(Jr.Pac-Man) and the first homebrew author 7800 to create games that use paddles.

Besides being a great programmer, he is very nice person based conversations I had with him.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 2

PacManPlus rocks. Jr. Pac-Man and Failsafe are two of my favorites for the 7800. His homebrews are incredible!

BTW, I had the honour to play Super Circus Atariage last year in Vegas and hopefully we will have a chance to buy it!!!

I played it in Vegas too, but telling by the rom which was once available here, it has went a long way since then. Paddle support and better graphics definitely have me excited for it.

Edited by BrianC

Thanks for starting this thread sdamon. Bob deserves some applause.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

tep392

• Like 1

Well, I don't have all of his games yet- but I know that Meteor Shower ROCKS! (pun intended) ;)

Seriously, there are so many people that appreciated Bob's contributions that I hope he decides to just take a little break and come back.

Fantastic work Bob, please continue to be a great presence here on AtariAge! :thumbsup:

I own two of Bob's excellent works on cart: Pac-Man Collection and Jr. Pac-Man. He's a valuable member of AtariAge. :thumbsup:++

I'm not sure who is responsible for running him off but they should be ashamed of themselves. :x

Bob's games for the 7800 have been fantastic! I am glad that I own all the ones in the list that have been released. I truly hope he does come back to the community and continues to share his love and skill in programming with us! It would truly be a loss for us if he does not. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have:

Pac-man Collection

Super Pac-man

Junior Pac-man

Asteroids Deluxe

And love them all, no matter what, we have these games we can play for a long time Thank you Bob for your work on these, they are #1 in my book. I plan to buy a the others as soon as I can.

I wish you all the best.

This thread is long overdue...Great idea, sdamon!

It can't be said enough what a pleasant, friendly, and overall nice person Bob is and such a valuable asset to the community. His work is nothing short of impressive and admirable. Hopefully, this is all not too little too late, but it would be fantastic to have Bob with the community again.

His generosity is second to none in sharing and truly caring about his work. If you're reading this Bob, I hope you are doing well and wish you would come back to the forums. You are evidently sorely missed. :)

I technically have everything from that list that's been released, and the quality is always excellent.

Can someone get a message to Bob and provide a link to this thread, we really should do something to persuade him to return if he really has exited from the site...?

I'm proud to own several of Bob's wonderful 7800 creations and I consider them among the very best I own for that platform. Just seeing that he is tinkering with something has always immediately grabbed my attention and made me look forward to what goodness would come out of it. He's a really talented, hard working, nice guy and I wish him well with whatever he pursues, but it would be a sad day to think there would never be any more excellent works of his for the 7800...

As someone who is in-and-out of the Atari scene, I can say, "much appreciation to Bob!!"

I started coming here for an Arcade game I bought. Was never an Atari guy growing up (parents went with the O2 and then Vic 20 etc), so I was aware of Atari, but nothing serious..

But while I was here, I started reading and realized I needed to look into this some more..

With all the great games and homebrews, I decided to get an Atari, but which one?

Well, it was the work that Bob (and very few others) was doing at the time that helped me go for a 7800..

And I love that thing and Bob has been a huge part of it...

So, thanx again Bob!!!

desiv