IGNORED

PacManPlus Appreciation Thread

DamonicFury

Yes, please come back Bob! The games I have of yours are top notch and was really looking forward to all the projects that are now complete or nearing completion (seems like many). I have no idea what is going on or what happened, but I have really enjoyed and appreciate the games you've made for the 7800.

I honestly can't see where anyone would have reason to complain as your work is so professional.

I have a few of Bob's 7800 games and they are cool. These homebrews are the main reason I got on AtariAge. I usually stay away from forums because of the drama. It never fails. I would like to see him release many more games, but if there is too much drama in creating homebrew games these days I understand him moving on. If it isn't fun doing the work then spend your time doing something else. Life is too short, and I am sure it isn't easy writing games for an old Atari system. But if you do get back into the hobby put me down for some carts of your next project. :)

PMP = Positively Master Programmer

PacManPlus is a great programmer. I have been very often amazed at the rate he produces new games. He has helped to show the potential fun that was hidden away inside the 7800. He took the time to read feedback about his WIP games. He shows that he truly cares for this hobby and is willing to craft an exceptional product. His games can be relied upon to deliver a superior experience. Even his incomplete/experimental games (Pac-Man 320, PinOut & Crazy Brix) are worth playing.

• Like 1

Indeed, don't let one loser who nobody agreed with chase you away! Don't make us suffer just because of one asshat!

There is alot more too it than that one troll who got banned trust me on that one.

The troll might have been the straw that broke the camel's back but it was far

from the whole story.

Wow, stay away a week and this happens? At 46, this is appalling to me. Bob, your work has revived an otherwise dead 7800 community. You are much appreciated by the people who have purchased the XM and your other releases. So sorry to see this happen to you... Please come back ASAP!

I just have to add some more...Bob's professionalism and attention to detail is superb; looking at just one aspect from one sprite, Ms. Pac-Man in Pac-Man collection. He continued to improve and welcomed input from the community until perfecting as good of a sprite as possible for Ms. Pac-Man, and man it is killer; plus all the other constant refinements until making an absolutely great game even better.

Bob's humility though is another thing that really stands out to me. Always praising the work of others, while his personal commentary towards himself as being just good or decent on numerous occasions. Bob is always a class act to me and shows what it means to really put your heart into your work.

• Like 2

Indeed, don't let one loser who nobody agreed with chase you away! Don't make us suffer just because of one asshat!

There is alot more too it than that one troll who got banned trust me on that one.

The troll might have been the straw that broke the camel's back but it was far

from the whole story.

Are they all issues with Atariage? Surely he could of addressed his issues / problems to us who are supportive? Did it have to come to this?

I own all of Bob's Pac-family games, and they're stellar. I have yet to pick up Space Duel/Asteroids Deluxe/Space Invaders/Failsafe, but have every intention of doing so. Frankly, even though I have all the retail games for it, I won't consider my 7800 collection truly complete without those four.

Truly excellent work.

Nobody asked, they just assumed....

Also here is the credit page in the XM User manuals...

post-23-0-89988900-1311231858_thumb.jpg

Curt

New info about the box here. Pacmanplus's games ARE on the box. Credit is given in the manual and on the board too. I wish this was mentioned earlier.

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 10

I want to extend my appreciation to Curt also. And actually the whole XM (Expansion Module) team. You are all doing great work. It is unbelievable that such "commercial quality" is the result of the hobby of a few great guys. And I'm expecting a bright 7800 future thanks to you guys!

Robert

• Like 3

I have purchased and love to play many of Bob's creations(Fail Safe being one of my favorites). I am appreciative of what Bob has brought to this community and hope that he can still be around. Bob if you are reading this, your games alone got me very invested into the 7800 scene...you truly are an amazing programmer.

Robert, if you don't mind my calling you that, I am very happy to have owned Pac-Man Collection for several years (I think since.. 2008 now?) and find it to be one of the biggest joys of arcade gaming on my 7800. In fact, In the next week or so I plan on purchasing more of your works that has been made available so I can continue to enjoy quality games that should have been released for the system back in the 80s.

As I've said to friends in the past: do whatever you feel most comfortable with, I'll support it every step. Always take care of yourself first and foremost. Plus, if you ever need to bitch at someone/bitch someone out just to vent off some steam let me know. I'll be ready to lend an ear to listen.

I've been sitting on the sidelines watching some of the drama unfold. What happened is some of the worst behavior I've ever witnessed on AtariAge (and I was thoroughly disgusted), but this thread is one of the best I've seen. Thanks, guys.

PacManPlus, please come back. The Atari world needs you!

Hi:

I've been pointed to this thread by jweirer and GroovyBee. Thank you all so much for what looks like one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I have apologized in the other thread for misunderstanding most things (except for the person who was banned): http://www.atariage....ost__p__2330263

You all are great, wonderful people, and I really feel silly now. There will be more games from myself and GB in the near future.

Thank you,

Bob

• Like 26

Awesome! Very sorry to hear about your loved ones' health issues. Reality and life come first. Wish them the best and give them and Bob the strength to power through these difficult physical issues.

Cheers to everyone on this thread for the outpouring of support, and cheers to all involved with the huge undertaking of the XM project, you know you are putting out an exciting piece of hardware when it produces this much drama! Kudos to all of you for staying strong despite criticism and flames, as it shows your determination and willingness to do great things for a hobby and a system we all love.

Here's to the good times coming at us, and many thanks again!

Welcome back the one and only PacManPlus!

• Like 1