IGNORED

PacManPlus Appreciation Thread

DamonicFury

I want to thank Bob (and others too) for their support to the 7800 scene.

For me It's not only the games, It's not only see new games to your classic system, It's share the dream of create and publish your own games, sharing new proyects, progress, etc. (I remember now when I was a kid hacking Basic games on my Amstrad CPC and dreaming on publish my own games).

And I even imagined your games advertised, so I did a little mock-up:

post-4582-0-13855100-1311362247_thumb.jpg

For me, whatever Bob decides, he will have my respect :)

Awesome looking ad. I have Pac Man Collection and Jr carts - can't wait to buy the others!

Wow, I guess I am not on here enough. I missed buying Failsafe and Meteor Shower.

Bob, is the reason I still turn my 7800 on. Ken brought me back to the 7800 and the reason I got a CC2, but Bob's creations keep the 7800 alive and I am happy to support him. He freely distributes his roms, and yet most of us still buy his carts to show support for him. I used my CC2 to play his games. That is why I did not put in Defender Arcade until 5 months after I received it. I just PMed Bob to let him know. I didnt need to have it work, but it would have been nice. Not only did he fix it, he sent it back with a box of Defender Arcade for my trouble.

I am excited every time Bob announces a new program. He is a real asset to the Atari community. Dont let 1 detractor bother you Bob. That is what the ignore button is for.

Glad you decided to hand around Bob.

Hand around Bob? That's a little risque for the Atari 7800 forum, isn't it? :D

..ewwww

Thanks again, guys - you all have no idea how much this thread means to me.

post-1787-0-22975200-1311719566_thumb.jpg

(I was WAITING for a reason to post that pic - had it for about a year) :)

• Like 2

Bob, I've said it many times, but I'll keep saying it. Thank you for all you do, especially for the 7800 community. You have programmed some of my favorite homebrews of all, and continue to frequently surprise us with your latest projects, keeping us wanting more and more. In fact, "Please add me to the list for a cart" for everything you do! :-P I will continue to support your work, because you never miss a beat. And you do it while also being a friendly, trustworthy person.

Thanks for everything, Bob. It is good to have you back.

- Robby

• 2 weeks later...

Damn straight.

Bob, your games have taken the 7800, which was a system I kind of liked, and turned it into my favorite Atari system. Not only are your games outstanding, but the attention to detail puts most homebrew games to shame.

My friend John feels the same way. You've pretty much resurrected the 7800 into the retrogaming community limelight, and have given it the chance it never got when it was released. It's a whole new system now.

Can't say I've ever been as happy with a programmer's games across the board either(and I own all of yours). All of yours are A-grade titles.

Outstanding work man.

• 1 month later...

I've got a few of his games Pac man collection,super pac man,jr pac man and space invaders....I got them at the classic game expo in Vegas and they're quite awesome I must say.......I LOVE 7800!PacManPlus IS AWESOME!Jr Pac man's one of my favorite games ever...I'm so glad it was brought to the 7800.I've got a 5200 lab loaner Jr Pac man cart and the 7800 version scrolls better it seems.He really makes 7800 sound great for the crappy 2600 TIA sound.