IGNORED

TI-99/4A website of the month

retroclouds

Each month I'd like to promote a website about the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer.

This month I picked the website called "TI-99 forever!".

The website is in french, but don't let that scare you. Some of the stuff presented there is also available in english.

And you can always use google translator, you get the idea ;)

This website has some very nice pictures about the TI-99/8 prototype and a lot of other stuff.

I bumped into it yesterday, while I was looking for a way to improve the picture quality of my TI-99/4A (PAL modulator hack).

http://www.ti99.com

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A while ago I started this "TI-99/4A website of the month" thread. Unfortunately, last month I didn't get to add a website.

This month, I've got something for you. @airernie has been very busy adding scans of numerous books to his new website.

TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive

A new site where you find many books about the TI-99/4A not seen elsewhere.

Author: @airernie

devres_airernie_site.png

• Like 3

Very nice idea--and I do love visiting the "TI-99 Forever!" site. I've read pretty much everything there to re-familiarize myself with French while in pursuit of interesting hobby tidbits.

Ernie's site is awesome too. I may have to eventually contribute some books to him for his continued labor--as I have an extensive library of TI books in English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Spanish.

My basement is a scary place. . .I have one room with about 20,000 books in it (mostly on floor-to-ceiling bookshelves), but very little room left otherwise, and a computer room with books, desks, systems, work projects, and a whole lot more. It is not what most would call a pretty place--but it is mine and it has lots of nice, weird TI stuff in it (the part you're really interested in).

On a side note, I now have sufficient spare parts to try and restore the Mechatronic Quick Disk drive I got from Kyle a while back (I got hold of a (tested good) spare drive mechanism with a new belt, so it is just a matter of switching out the parts and the cover plates, since the spare came from a Roland S-10). I plan to look at the Hex-Bus interface Mechatronic put in it to see if it is worth making a new design to allow folks to build their own. It would be mostly of use for CC-40 and TI-74 users, but it would work fine on a TI-99/4A with a Hex-Bus interface as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This month I have selected Stuart's TI-99/4A Computer site as website of the month.

You'll find many interesting things there, including some information on cartridge bank switching.

However, the particular reason why I picked this site, is because of Stuart's TI-99/4A port of the "Power BASIC" interpreter.

It's the BASIC dialect used on the TMS9995-based Powertran Cortex machine.

If you have a chance then check out Power BASIC on an emulator (classic99 and MESS should work). Or try it on your TI-99/4A machine.

Stuart's TI-99/4A Computer site

devres_stconnor_site.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven't updated this thread in ages! :-o

Time for another site of the month, this time I've chosen ...

TI99ers Hall of Fame

site_of_month_2013_05.png

A lot of very good people there!

Note: In the development resources thread I linked the developers/authors to their corresponding biography where appropriate. Honour to whom honour is due ;)

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 1

A while ago I started this "TI-99/4A website of the month" thread. Unfortunately, last month I didn't get to add a website.

This month, I've got something for you. @airernie has been very busy adding scans of numerous books to his new website.

TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive

A new site where you find many books about the TI-99/4A not seen elsewhere.

Author: @airernie

Thanks airernie for putting that page together, and retrocloud for sharing the link :D. Great resource.

As a member of the HOF Board of Governors, I'm proper chuffed to see the HOF get a plug here! There's a good crowd of folks at the HOF working to keep the TI flame burning! :thumbsup:

OK Markus, I gotta ask. What the hell is "chuffed" ;-)... Opposite of red assed maybe hehe....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks airernie for putting that page together, and retrocloud for sharing the link :D. Great resource.

Thanks Robert,

Unfortunately, my obsession with making everything as perfect as possible started to take a toll, so I had to back away.

Fortunately, I have "recovered" and posting new material. :)

Ernie

Unfortunately, my obsession with making everything as perfect as possible started to take a toll, so I had to back away.

Fortunately, I have "recovered" and posting new material. :)

Ernie

:D - now that I understand - and the website reflects it ;).

I'd like to thank you again Ernie: I really have been thoroughly enjoying some of the treasures in those Computes! books - and some of the real handy tools, as well, like Master Disk Directory by Raymond Herold at the end of Computes TI Collection Volume 1. I coded it, along with some tweaks, the other day, including changing the bubble sort to a binary sort - it can now sort all 230 files in about 3-4 minutes! (as opposed to well over 15 minutes for the bubble sort). It's a great utility - very usable and handy for keeping track of disks and files.

Anyway, I'm glad you've "recovered". Keep up the great work - everyone! :)

• 6 months later...