IGNORED

How many Colecovision were sold?

nanochess

There were over 6 million ColecoVision Game Systems worldwide... so that would include CBS Software packaged and labeled CVs. If you ever saw the stack of CVs in Sean Kelley's VideoGames Then & Now store then that number sounds very feasible.

I always heard that there were around 950,000 ADAM Computer Systems sold (both Stand-Alone and Exp. Mod. #3), but recently I heard that a former employee, Phil Kosowsky, stated the number was around 750,000 complete systems (not necessarily boxed) with enough loose components to bring the number up close to the 950,000 range.

a former CBS Italy manager told me, it was 1994, that Colecovision sold 260.000 consoles in Italy. Adam, sorry, didn't ask at the time. I can imagine higher numbers in France and Germany so only 1 million here, old Europe... hope this of help, so can believe the number of 6 millions ...

Summer 1984 all Colecovision games disappeared from the shelves while Atari 2600 and Intellivision products, despite the decline in sales and a stronger and increasing homecomputer market remained to the stores till 1987, changing only the distributors channels.

( Mattel Electronics Italia at same time told me 300.000 units of Intellivision and 9.000 E.c.s. sold here and had a longer presence to the market ).

Hi everybody, this is my first topic post.

Wikipedia says that Colecovision sold two million units, while colecovision.dk says it sold six million units, what is the correct number? Just for my records.

Thanks in advance

Hi.

My source do I have from Norman G. Sippel "ColecoVision: A Prologue" back in 1996, so it was many years ago.

"After three years (1983 -1984 - 1985) in the home industy, Coleco sold more then six million ColecoVision video game systems before the crash."

However, I can not verify it better, so immediately I'm ready to change it back to the 2 millions units worldwide. :)