IGNORED

Leventhal's 6502 programming on PDF

lbaeza

Hello People

Does anybody have a PDF version of the "6502 Assembly Language Programming" book by Lance A. Leventhal?

alp6502_1ed.jpg

Already googled it, but I couldn't find it...

Thanks!

(Posted under the influenza...)

Well, me neither but somehow I managed to use the old Google magic:

6502 Assembly Language Programming by Lance A Leventhal

Maybe someone wants to upload this to a repository. I found it on RapidShare.

Great find! I have a printed version of this book and have been using it for years. IMO, it's the best reference source for the 6502 Assembly Language. :thumbsup:

The first book I bought after getting my first Atari 400 was the 1979 edition:

post-18605-0-77249200-1312630297_thumb.jpg

It taught me all about assembly, interrupt handling, and I/O programming for the PIA.

Back in the day the Osborne books were THE authority on microprocessors, often more informative than the manufacturer's publications.

Hello People

Does anybody have a PDF version of the "6502 Assembly Language Programming" book by Lance A. Leventhal?

alp6502_1ed.jpg

Already googled it, but I couldn't find it...

Thanks!

(Posted under the influenza...)

My book cover looks like this one. It says "Copyright 1979" inside the book. So, what year edition is the one with the blue/green cover (posting #8 ) from then?

Edited by atx4us

This is a great book (I'm glad I went looking for it), but what I'd like to see is a guide to OOP on the 6502. Joel Goodwin wrote a great series on this very subject beginning in Issue 82 of New Atari User, which I've just rediscovered. He talks about encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritance, etc. Some of his ideas were definitely lingering in my mind when I started the GUI.

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 2 years later...

As I stated earlier in this thread, I actually own a copy of this book and I'm still using it. But, who carries books of this size around these days. I looked around on the internet but this book is quite elusive to find. Can someone be so kind to send a recent working link for a pdf version? Thank you.

Thank you! I don't mean to be picky about this copy but this is one of those books that is very high on my list of favorite reference books. Is there any chance that a cleaner scanned version exists out there?

It's the same copy that was linked to earlier in the thread. I was hoping for a better copy myself, when it was originally posted. But, beggars can't be choosy, as they say...

Speaking of 6502 programming reference... I stumbled upon these last night while searching up a cover for the Leventhal book. They're being seeded, and I was able to download them in pretty short order:

attachicon.gifMicro - 6502 Journal (Complete) Torrent.zip

These are superb. I love the term "serious computerist" too. :)

These are superb. I love the term "serious computerist" too. :)

They seemed to have changed their subtitle quite frequently, and supported other processors, including the 68000 later.:

6502 Journal

Magazine of the Apple, KIM, PET and other 6502 Systems

6502/6809 Journal

Advancing Computer Knowledge

for the Serious Computerist

They look to have featured the Atari computers quite a bit too.

Who can doubt that Atari assembly language programmers are "Serious Computerists" when the Macro Assembler documentation cover features an image like this :D :

post-6369-0-13792700-1381426117_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrFish

Who can doubt that Atari assembly language programmers are "Serious Computerists" when the Macro Assembler documentation cover features an image like this :D :

attachicon.gifSerious Computerist.jpg

I always wondered if that was Dr Smith from Lost in Space. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

BTW, I will occasionally do a used book search on sites like Abebooks for '6502', 'Atari' and other terms and sometimes it's surprising what turns up for cheap.

I agree that you can find some old classic books on the internet still - fortunately! For me, I prefer .pdf files now though because they are a lot more portable and most of them are searchable (OCR'd).

• Like 1

It's the same copy that was linked to earlier in the thread. I was hoping for a better copy myself, when it was originally posted. But, beggars can't be choosy, as they say...

You're right. Something is still better than nothin'. But, I'm still hoping to find a better scanned version someday :)

Like I said, I already have the book. But, I don't know how to make a really good scan without having to rip it apart. I only have a flatbed scanner with a document feeder (nothing fancy like Google books setup).