IGNORED

Marker on CD/Cartridges

STICH666

Hey guys I just found a cure for the dreaded written-on cartridge and CD. I found products like Goof-Off and Goo-Gone to be too harsh for most plastics so I decided to use a product called Lift-Off. It's like night and day with my Final Fantasy VII discs.

post-22364-0-50309200-1313267551_thumb.jpg

post-22364-0-90735200-1313267584_thumb.jpg

post-22364-0-56969200-1313267618_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Alcohol works very well with some carts and labels, but others like Imagic carts are very difficult to do without the chrome and printing coming off.

When I clean PSX, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2 game discs, this is not a concern. Same generally goes for the plastic casing of NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 cartridges. Some N64 labels are easily damaged by alcohol though.

2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, and Intellivision cartridges are hit and miss. Normally, if they have a gloss finish, they are safe for alcohol. If not, then Windex used sparingly will most often not take off the original printer's ink.

I have never had Goo-Gone damage any of the labels I have used it on, even Imagic or Activision titles.

Be careful. Some CDi discs use an overprint paint which will come off with Goo Gone and presumably other cleaners, leaving only the "regular" CD labeling behind. I should finish "cleaning" that CDi zelda link game disc with isopropyl so that it becomes a "rare label variation", ha ha. (I was trying to get some sticker goo off of it.) Maybe when I find another one,

Edited by Bruce Tomlin