IGNORED

SM's Top 100 NES/Famicom games that still matter

I'm too afraid to click on it. I tried to open up the whole shebang in tabs once, and it brought my computer to a standstill.

I think at the bottom of one of your last posts (Mario 3?) you had the number of the current post and next post wrong...as if you had switched the order at the last moment.

• 2 weeks later...

So I played through Mega Man 2 now because of your recommendation, and it's a superb game. Though I have to admit, I cheated with save states...I don't have the time to otherwise, but I can still appreciate the challenge programmed into the game. It took me a while to figure out the 'boss' battle with the turrets behind the walls, but I refused to look up the solution. Great variety of graphics and the sound is just amazing. It makes the game. The boss battles could've been a little bit more refined though. And the game could have been a bit longer too. but I guess that's what the other Mega Man games are for.

I still think SMB3 should have been #1.

I've played through Mega Man 1 now. Good game. Some pretty tile graphics with hq3x filter, especially on the elecman and iceman stages. I thought the boss battles were a bit more interesting than part 2. Yellow Devil was especially tough, and it took a (long) while to figure out how to beat him. Refills are much harder to come by. I used saved states, but otherwise no other cheats. Music was good, but of course the music in part 2 was much better.

Too bad these games didn't have more cutscenes to explain the story, like Ninja Gaiden. I don't have the manuals.

I'm going to play Mega Man 4 next. Can't wait to fight some Commie robot scum.

Edited by BillyHW

• 1 month later...

This might interest people too:

http://cinemassacre....cure-nes-games/

Man, I just don't like Motherfucker Mike's stuff. He was funny as a bit part supporting actor in the AVGN skits, but on his own?...terrible. Good post though.

Wow...The Guardian Legend is his fave 'obscure' title?...just goes to show how little he knew about these games back in the day. That title was quite well known, and to think he didn't compare it to Blaster Master is funny. Kinda like being a fan of Megadeth but not knowing that Metallica existed. Dumb, Mike.

Edited by atarilovesyou