Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Last I checked Moon Cresta left/right with a fire button

We're talking about Crazy Climber.

#27 evg2000 ONLINE  

evg2000

Stargunner

• 1,388 posts

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:33 AM

should we start a new thread for crazy climber?

#28 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• 5,579 posts

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:44 AM

it's been a long time since I played the arcade game, is there some way you could use the number pad to control up and down 1 and 7 for left hand up and down 3 and 9 for right hand up and down and use the JS for left and right movement?

If you also had the player rotate the controller 90 degrees counterclockwise, this could work.

#29 purenergy OFFLINE  

purenergy

Dragonstomper

• 650 posts

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 PM

The thing that got me interested on Crazy Climber is that it requires only 1KB of RAM, which means it could run on the plain vanilla CV... That and the fact it wouldn't be too hard to have smooth scrolling in that game.

Indeed, but the downside is the twin-joystick control scheme of the arcade game. I suppose you'll implement an equivalent system with only one joystick? :)

but wait, doesn't the roller controller hold two js? can they both be read at the same time?
Posted Image

YES!
If possible, Crazy Climber control would be perfect using two joysticks mounted into the roller controller!
:D

#30 Vaughan OFFLINE  

Vaughan

Moonsweeper

• 373 posts

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 PM

I used to play Moon Cresta back in the 80's. It always had that name where I was (Eastern UK).

#31 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,204 posts
  • \m/

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 PM

Last I checked Moon Cresta left/right with a fire button

We're talking about Crazy Climber.

should we start a new thread for crazy climber?

Bingo

Just trying to help out here - the thread is "Official Moon Cresta" by a home brewer and now people are talking about Crazy Climber.

#32 XavierGames OFFLINE  

XavierGames

Star Raider

• 84 posts

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 PM

That is a GREAT NEWS !!!! Keep us posted I would like to order one when it becomes available ! Long Live CV !!!

#33 JamesD OFFLINE  

JamesD

Quadrunner

• 8,478 posts

Posted Fri Sep 2, 2011 3:08 AM

I always liked the sound and music of Moon Cresta. It was very different from other space shooters at the time.

#34 CV Gus OFFLINE  

CV Gus

Dragonstomper

• 608 posts

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 PM

Moon Cresta was one of my favorite Space Invaders-style games. I would always play this one at the Dream machine arcade, as well as the "super" version I stumbled across in England.

So I would absolutely be interested in this one!

As for Crazy Climber- I would definitely recommend three options: 1 joystick, 2 joysticks without the RC (building a holder is easy, and RCs are a bit hard to find), and 2 joysticks with one. My own RC malfunctioned a while back, and playing the 2-joystick option that way would not have been possible until I was able to repair it.

I must stop by here more often. Money's been a serious problem lately, though.

#35 ozma wars OFFLINE  

ozma wars

Dragonstomper

• 710 posts

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:22 AM

I am interested in.
to be used with a standard controller.
That's the point..30 years passed and still not found the right controller to play Colecovision games on the real thing, pls suggest one.

#36 retrorussell OFFLINE  

retrorussell

Quadrunner

• 8,757 posts
  • This is DELICIOUS! YES! YES!

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 PM

I remember this being in TOM HIRSCHFIELD'S HOW TO MASTER THE VIDEO GAMES, which I still have. It listed the fire button in the OBSERVATIONS section about docking as RETRO, which confused me.
The opening theme when you start a game is one of the most iconic arcade sounds of the early '80s to me. A bit creepy IMO.

Edited by retrorussell, Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 PM.

#37 z3k3 OFFLINE  

z3k3

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Bumping this old thread cause I noticed a lot of Nichibutsu fans in it. My buddy is screening these classic owl logo shirts for a limited time. Maybe a few of you would be interested...

http://videoarcade.b...duct/nichibutsu

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users