IGNORED

BBCS

tjb

That would be cool :) I checked my main collection and have 2 versions of Oasis Jr., one public and a commercial one where he charged $15 for it...

What I have is OASIS BBS Systems Version 3.0, copyright 1986 Renner/Walden/Newman.

That would be cool :) I checked my main collection and have 2 versions of Oasis Jr., one public and a commercial one where he charged $15 for it...

I'm running OASIS JR. at the moment. Right now, caller must be at 1200 baud, can't figure how change OASIS JR. baud to 2400.

If you want to see it, call 216-371-2583 just tonight (7/23/14 8PM to 8AM Eastern USA time) You must be at 1200 baud. And here's the .ATR that it is on, 770 kbytes.

Run from APE or ASPEQT.

Run a R: handler then load OASIS.COM. The R: handlers are *.HND files, I think three of them.

Oh, Yes. Hit 'y' after you connect. It means you want line feeds and doesn't show up when I connect.

2880.zip

Edited by russg
  • Like 1

I'm running OASIS JR. at the moment. Right now, caller must be at 1200 baud, can't figure how change OASIS JR. baud to 2400.

If you want to see it, call 216-371-2583 just tonight (7/23/14 8PM to 8AM Eastern USA time) You must be at 1200 baud. And here's the .ATR that it is on, 770 kbytes.

Run from APE or ASPEQT.

Run a R: handler then load OASIS.COM. The R: handlers are *.HND files, I think three of them.

Oh, Yes. Hit 'y' after you connect. It means you want line feeds and doesn't show up when I connect.

There is still an Atari dialup bbs in NE Ohio?????????

• Like 1

There is still an Atari dialup bbs in NE Ohio?????????

yes, if I quit playing with it. I'm using Teraterm on a PC and a Hayes 56K modem to dial to it.

To set baud to 1200 do a ats37=5 atn0 on your dialing modem.

It has my original supermodem 2400 baud modem on a prc.

Edited by russg

Run from APE or ASPEQT.

Wow - I will have to dig out my SX212 and see if it works with the phone line we have.

The 2 I have show 5/88 and 12/88, if yours doesn't show either of those dates, could you post the ATR?

I've not ran the setup to test, but the loading screen says 1986. Posting the 2 disks. I don't think there's any personal info on the disk - if there is, it's so old I'm sure it won't matter :)

OASIS3.zip

• Like 1

I'm running BBS:Express Pro v2.1a which is the last version that Keith released before he sold Pro (around 1988?). I have some of the old PRO Support BBS message bases saved online in read-only format for viewing.

I run it on a Pentium 4 PC using the a800win v2.5c emulator under SpartaDOS 3.3a.

My whole setup is pretty old by today's standards. It has been running online since 1999.

I also would like to see a new BBS that runs under SDX.

Edited by bf2k+

I wonder if we should write a new BBS package, to take advantage of TCP/IP connectors and the facilities in emulators...

-Thom

BBS Express! Pro would be a good candidate if Lance would just release the source to this 30 year old software.

Failing that, how about fixing up BBCS?

There are different versions of the BBCS disks, one for 850, another for MPP modems, another for 1030/835...

-Thom

Anyone happen to have the MPP & 1030 versions?

I'm also looking for different revisions of BBCS. The most common I've seen are the smartmodem versions 2.2 & 2.3

Edited by Triads

I've not ran the setup to test, but the loading screen says 1986. Posting the 2 disks. I don't think there's any personal info on the disk - if there is, it's so old I'm sure it won't matter :)

Cool, thanks :)

Yep, that is different from what I have.

OASIS-BBS01A-0588.ATR

OASIS-BBS01B-0588.ATR

OASIS-BBS01A-1288.ATR

OASIS-BBS01B-1288.ATR

• Like 1

Wow - I will have to dig out my SX212 and see if it works with the phone line we have.

Sorry. It wasn't on last night. I closed down my PC, which has APE running, so there were no disk drives connected to the Atari. So,

I'm keeping it up today (7/25/14). I would like to configure it. I would like to make default time limit 60 or more minutes, I believe it is 10 minutes now.

I forget what the sysop default password is.

If you tried last night, probably the modem picked up, but that was it, no connect.

The 2880 image I posted has everything on one image, just hit ENTER when it asks for a disk when coming up.

I wonder if we should write a new BBS package, to take advantage of TCP/IP connectors and the facilities in emulators...

-Thom

I can see the benefits of doing this. It is hard to get everyone on the same page with respect to language and implementation. Even with that hurdle to jump, running full speed under emulation would let you use any language.

It is also hard to get people to write clear and obvious code. I've only run into a couple of people that actually do things such that people can understand their code let alone add comments. Personally I would rather see arguments over doing something clearly instead of shaving a couple of tics off a routine that isn't speed critical or is run only once. Just isn't the coin of the realm so to speak.

I have the idea that it would be a good kick in the pants to help Effectus get some good buzz going but like I said, even vanilla Atari Basic could easily go to a couple of KBAUD in emulation.